Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Best Friend Heart Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
    Any update?
    Absolutely!!!! Glad you asked....

It was looking pretty bleak until about Friday, when there were some signs of encouragement.
    On Saturday, his wife stopped by my office to tell me he was AWAKE, and asking for his phone so he could call her.
    (she still hadn't seen him since the previous Monday due to the isolation)

On Saturday, she took the phone to the hospital, and the staff took it up to him, and he called her, sounded less confused.

On Saturday evening, she talked to him on the phone again, and he was much better.

On Monday, she was actually allowed to visit him, and he was alert and smiling, scheduled for a heart cath later that day.

During the heart cath, they discovered an 80% blocked vessel, stented it, and it has made a tremendous difference.

"Friendlies" can PM me for a website link for the whole 'diary' of events.

James.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

James continues to do well, had a planned "defib" today, and will likely be transferred today or tomorrow to a rehab facility for a week or two.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They had to zap him???
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          They had to zap him???
          Apparently, a final "get into a right rhythm" thing. And that's all I know about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Apparently, a final "get into a right rhythm" thing. And that's all I know about that.
            Apparently, the "defib" is actually a pacemaker - his heart apparently went into arrhythmia, and the doctors explained that his type of case is something through which very few people live.

GOOD NEWS -- he has been released from the hospital, and transported to the Rehab center, which is actually a REHAB center, not just a 'nursing home'.

Comment

Apparently, the "defib" is actually a pacemaker - his heart apparently went into arrhythmia, and the doctors explained that his type of case is something through which very few people live.

GOOD NEWS -- he has been released from the hospital, and transported to the Rehab center, which is actually a REHAB center, not just a 'nursing home'.
              Sounds like God wasn't done with him quite yet. :)

Glad to hear he's doing better.
              "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                Sounds like God wasn't done with him quite yet. :)

Glad to hear he's doing better.
                His wife and mother-in-law were in Church this morning, and shared that James will be coming home on WEDNESDAY!

Comment

His wife and mother-in-law were in Church this morning, and shared that James will be coming home on WEDNESDAY!
                  Saw your church service live this morning. Can't wait until my church opens up again.
                  When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                    Saw your church service live this morning. Can't wait until my church opens up again.
                    It was SO GOOD to hear people singing back to us! Even if they WERE wearing masks, and I felt like I was preaching to a bunch of train robbers!!!

I noticed that many of them, after being seated, removed their masks to sing, and didn't put them on again til we dismissed. It was TRULY GREAT to be in FELLOWSHIP "in person".

It was kinda weird though -- I had JUST gotten used to "preaching to a camera", and the presence of actual PEOPLE in the room was a little... strange.

And thanks for saying howdy in the stream!

Comment