Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Friend Heart Attack

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Apparently, the "defib" is actually a pacemaker - his heart apparently went into arrhythmia, and the doctors explained that his type of case is something through which very few people live.

GOOD NEWS -- he has been released from the hospital, and transported to the Rehab center, which is actually a REHAB center, not just a 'nursing home'.
    Sounds like God wasn't done with him quite yet. :)

Glad to hear he's doing better.
    "We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon." - C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

2. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by myth View Post
    Sounds like God wasn't done with him quite yet. :)

Glad to hear he's doing better.
    His wife and mother-in-law were in Church this morning, and shared that James will be coming home on WEDNESDAY!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

4. Amen DesertBerean, mossrose, mikewhitney amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    His wife and mother-in-law were in Church this morning, and shared that James will be coming home on WEDNESDAY!
    Saw your church service live this morning. Can't wait until my church opens up again.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    Saw your church service live this morning. Can't wait until my church opens up again.
    It was SO GOOD to hear people singing back to us! Even if they WERE wearing masks, and I felt like I was preaching to a bunch of train robbers!!!

I noticed that many of them, after being seated, removed their masks to sing, and didn't put them on again til we dismissed. It was TRULY GREAT to be in FELLOWSHIP "in person".

It was kinda weird though -- I had JUST gotten used to "preaching to a camera", and the presence of actual PEOPLE in the room was a little... strange.

And thanks for saying howdy in the stream!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

7. Amen Faber amen'd this post.