Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 397

Thread: Lab Leak: The conspiracy theory is shaping up to look like real possibility

  1. #381
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,848
    Amen (Given)
    14050
    Amen (Received)
    28904
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    Why are you wrecking this thread?
    At this point, I'm simply responding to your juvenile attacks.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  2. #382
    radical strawberry
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Humanist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,170
    Amen (Given)
    563
    Amen (Received)
    1210
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    At this point, I'm simply responding to your juvenile attacks.
    Edited by a Moderatordid it, too," isn't even juvenile.

    Moderated By: mossy

    We don't allow the usage of a member's real name without that person's prior consent.

    ***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

    Last edited by mossrose; 05-11-2020 at 09:18 AM.

  3. #383
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,893
    Amen (Given)
    376
    Amen (Received)
    1420
    Um... I wonder... I don't know... maybe... uh... this might be why Fauci dismisses the Wuhan lab conspiracy?

    Dr. Fauci Backed Controversial Wuhan Lab with U.S. Dollars for Risky Coronavirus Research

    Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm over thinking it. Maybe Fauci is an honorable man with no confirmation bias because of this whatsoever.

    My question is, wouldn't this have been a bit of critical information relevant to us all in this situation? Why didn't we know this when this dude was first picked to the team?
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  4. #384
    Thread Killer QuantaFille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Thulcandra
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,807
    Amen (Given)
    753
    Amen (Received)
    1058
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Are there rules against expressing the desire someone would leave a thread?
    There are rules regarding kicking people out of threads. Only the thread starter or staff can do it, and there has to be a reason. You have to clearly state it in the thread, don't be vague, and do not reply to or mention that person again afterwards or you invalidate it.
    If you're not the thread starter, you can't kick people out. I'm sure you can figure out how to nicely say that you wish someone wouldn't post there anymore, but really if you don't like someone posting where you're trying to have a discussion, just ignore their posts.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

  5. Amen Cerebrum123, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  6. #385
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,783
    Amen (Given)
    1783
    Amen (Received)
    1063
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Um... I wonder... I don't know... maybe... uh... this might be why Fauci dismisses the Wuhan lab conspiracy?

    Dr. Fauci Backed Controversial Wuhan Lab with U.S. Dollars for Risky Coronavirus Research

    Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm over thinking it. Maybe Fauci is an honorable man with no confirmation bias because of this whatsoever.

    My question is, wouldn't this have been a bit of critical information relevant to us all in this situation? Why didn't we know this when this dude was first picked to the team?
    Fauci's view agrees with all the published research concerning the origin of the COVID 19 virus. Some of the most pertinent research I have cited here on Tweb.

    Pompous Pompeo stated there is a 'great deal of evidence' for the escape of the coronavirus from the lab, but none has been presented.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-11-2020 at 09:14 AM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  7. #386
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,670
    Amen (Given)
    5603
    Amen (Received)
    23892
    more ad hom


    No, I don't, and you don't either.

    Use better sources.
    That was my source.

    WHO continues to advise against the application of travel or trade restrictions to countries experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks.




    I'm an ex-sailor, which means I'm plenty okay with crazy, just not in the engine spaces. You don't know that, and not just because it's not true. Because you haven't looked.

    Use better sources.
    again, read your own source:

    If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19.

  8. #387
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,670
    Amen (Given)
    5603
    Amen (Received)
    23892
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    Your response to Frank was inaccurate. Your behavior is abysmal. You are disrupting a serious discussion.

    No you! ain't cutting it, goober.

    Just leave.
    This is MY thread.

  9. #388
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,876
    Amen (Given)
    772
    Amen (Received)
    2074
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    There are rules regarding kicking people out of threads. Only the thread starter or staff can do it, and there has to be a reason. You have to clearly state it in the thread, don't be vague, and do not reply to or mention that person again afterwards or you invalidate it.
    If you're not the thread starter, you can't kick people out. I'm sure you can figure out how to nicely say that you wish someone wouldn't post there anymore, but really if you don't like someone posting where you're trying to have a discussion, just ignore their posts.
    Thanks for the clarification - what you say I did know already. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some hidden rule about telling people to leave other people's threads that could get a ruler across the knuckles - not that I would ever actually try to do that
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  10. #389
    radical strawberry
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Humanist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,170
    Amen (Given)
    563
    Amen (Received)
    1210
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    I'm sure you can figure out how to nicely say that you wish someone wouldn't post there anymore ...
    Like "Shoo, fly," maybe?

    ... but really if you don't like someone posting where you're trying to have a discussion, just ignore their posts.
    Bold plan. Let's make it happen.

    Cow Poke is not able to moderate his own behavior, and believes it's acceptable for a moderator to wreck serious discussions. Because this is a long-standing issue, and because the board software doesn't allow him to be placed on the quick-scrolling list, where he belongs, I'm once again asking Cow Poke to resign from staff.

    Where he can still attempt to wreck discussions, but we can ignore it.

  11. #390
    radical strawberry
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Humanist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,170
    Amen (Given)
    563
    Amen (Received)
    1210
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    This is MY thread.
    Your name is painted red. Every thread is your thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •