Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lab Leak: The conspiracy theory is shaping up to look like real possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
    Your response to Frank was inaccurate. Your behavior is abysmal. You are disrupting a serious discussion.

No you! ain't cutting it, goober.

Just leave.
    Ah, you've descended back to the name calling.

Charles!!! Bite him!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Is this your thread? If not please stop acting like it.
      Are there rules against expressing the desire someone would leave a thread?
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Ah, you've descended back to the name calling.

Charles!!! Bite him!!!
        No you! is the only card in your deck.

I was laughing at tu quoque for fifteen years before you joined this board, newb.

Statements that are clear and specific aren't emphatic, because, No you! You're not disrupting a serious discussion, because, No you! Your behavior isn't abysmal, because, No you!

You're not a goober, because, No you!

With all his misreadings, Frank's still added more than you because you've added nothing.

I've presented summaries of a dozen papers, riffed through gene banks searching out orthologs, brought in reporting from here to the China straits, and I'd be happy to keep on doing that, if you'd just get your fat tookus out of here.

If you want to fart around for S&Gs, find an elevator.

Comment

No you!
          If only we could all be as creative and clever and as vitally important as you.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If only we could all be as creative and clever and as vitally important as you.
            Why are you wrecking this thread?

Comment

Why are you wrecking this thread?
              At this point, I'm simply responding to your juvenile attacks.

Comment

At this point, I'm simply responding to your juvenile attacks.
                Edited by a Moderatordid it, too," isn't even juvenile.

Moderated By: mossy

We don't allow the usage of a member's real name without that person's prior consent.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by mossrose; 05-11-2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Um... I wonder... I don't know... maybe... uh... this might be why Fauci dismisses the Wuhan lab conspiracy?

Dr. Fauci Backed Controversial Wuhan Lab with U.S. Dollars for Risky Coronavirus Research

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm over thinking it. Maybe Fauci is an honorable man with no confirmation bias because of this whatsoever.

My question is, wouldn't this have been a bit of critical information relevant to us all in this situation? Why didn't we know this when this dude was first picked to the team?

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    Are there rules against expressing the desire someone would leave a thread?
                    There are rules regarding kicking people out of threads. Only the thread starter or staff can do it, and there has to be a reason. You have to clearly state it in the thread, don't be vague, and do not reply to or mention that person again afterwards or you invalidate it.
                    If you're not the thread starter, you can't kick people out. I'm sure you can figure out how to nicely say that you wish someone wouldn't post there anymore, but really if you don't like someone posting where you're trying to have a discussion, just ignore their posts.
                    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      Um... I wonder... I don't know... maybe... uh... this might be why Fauci dismisses the Wuhan lab conspiracy?

Dr. Fauci Backed Controversial Wuhan Lab with U.S. Dollars for Risky Coronavirus Research

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm over thinking it. Maybe Fauci is an honorable man with no confirmation bias because of this whatsoever.

My question is, wouldn't this have been a bit of critical information relevant to us all in this situation? Why didn't we know this when this dude was first picked to the team?
                      Fauci's view agrees with all the published research concerning the origin of the COVID 19 virus. Some of the most pertinent research I have cited here on Tweb.

Pompous Pompeo stated there is a 'great deal of evidence' for the escape of the coronavirus from the lab, but none has been presented.
                      Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-11-2020, 11:14 AM.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• more ad hom

No, I don't, and you don't either.

Use better sources.
                        That was my source.

WHO continues to advise against the application of travel or trade restrictions to countries experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks.

I'm an ex-sailor, which means I'm plenty okay with crazy, just not in the engine spaces. You don't know that, and not just because it's not true. Because you haven't looked.

Use better sources.
                        again, read your own source:

If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19.

Comment

Your response to Frank was inaccurate. Your behavior is abysmal. You are disrupting a serious discussion.

No you! ain't cutting it, goober.

Just leave.
                          This is MY thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                            There are rules regarding kicking people out of threads. Only the thread starter or staff can do it, and there has to be a reason. You have to clearly state it in the thread, don't be vague, and do not reply to or mention that person again afterwards or you invalidate it.
                            If you're not the thread starter, you can't kick people out. I'm sure you can figure out how to nicely say that you wish someone wouldn't post there anymore, but really if you don't like someone posting where you're trying to have a discussion, just ignore their posts.
                            Thanks for the clarification - what you say I did know already. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some hidden rule about telling people to leave other people's threads that could get a ruler across the knuckles - not that I would ever actually try to do that
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                              I'm sure you can figure out how to nicely say that you wish someone wouldn't post there anymore ...
                              Like "Shoo, fly," maybe?

... but really if you don't like someone posting where you're trying to have a discussion, just ignore their posts.
                              Bold plan. Let's make it happen.

Cow Poke is not able to moderate his own behavior, and believes it's acceptable for a moderator to wreck serious discussions. Because this is a long-standing issue, and because the board software doesn't allow him to be placed on the quick-scrolling list, where he belongs, I'm once again asking Cow Poke to resign from staff.

Where he can still attempt to wreck discussions, but we can ignore it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                This is MY thread.
                                Your name is painted red. Every thread is your thread.

Comment