Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lab Leak: The conspiracy theory is shaping up to look like real possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It has also been good in many ways, but the main problem is that nobody could have predicted something exactly like what happened
    It could have been expected, something more virulent than swine flu and more deadly.

, and China lied about it for weeks and didn't come clean until after the virus had already taken root in multiple countries
    When I dig deeper into what China is supposed to have lied about that was so consequential, I find nothingburgers.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      It is truly amazing isn't it. That the most honest players here when it comes to discussion, admission of fault, admission of logical consistency in an argument, are not the Christians but the non-Christians. It literally blows my mind each and every day I come on this board to discuss these topics. Not only that, the rudest, meanest, most willing to put down others personally are the Christians too. As I said, it's hard believe, but it is what it is.
      “Why don’t my opponents stop their wrong think and agree with me!”

Keep it classy.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Thankssss for making my pointssssss.
        hide yo women hide yo trees of life
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          When I dig deeper into what China is supposed to have lied about that was so consequential, I find nothingburgers.
          They kept the rest of the world in the dark, lied about human-to-human transmission, claimed they had it under control, all the while they knew that it was being spread around the world. I'm not sure how that's a nothing-burger.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

They kept the rest of the world in the dark, lied about human-to-human transmission, claimed they had it under control, all the while they knew that it was being spread around the world. I'm not sure how that's a nothing-burger.
            Yes, I've heard all that. This is where you need to present evidence.

Comment

You forgot the most important bit, which is that they allowed people in Wuhan to leave and spread it internationally.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Yes, I've heard all that. This is where you need to present evidence.
                “Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,” the organization had said.
                https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/who-ha...f-coronavirus/

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  “Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,” the organization had said.
                  https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/who-ha...f-coronavirus/
                  How is that a lie?

Reuters, on the same day:

“From the information that we have it is possible that there is limited human-to-human transmission, potentially among families, but it is very clear right now that we have no sustained human-to-human transmission,” said Maria Van Kerkhove, acting head of WHO’s emerging diseases unit.

The WHO is however preparing for the possibility that there could be a wider outbreak, she told a Geneva news briefing. “It is still early days, we don’t have a clear clinical picture.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1ZD16J

Comment

How is that a lie?

Reuters, on the same day:
                    Because by that time China already knew it was spreading human to human and they had already disappeared anyone who said otherwise. They lied to the WHO and the WHO parroted their lies.

from what we saw here, it would be very obvious how contagious this virus is. "no clear evidence" is a lie. It spreads like wildfire.

Even conservative estimates show that the virus was spreading in December, and there is evidence it was spreading in November and covered up by the Chinese.
                    Last edited by Sparko; 04-15-2020, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Is anyone else weirded out by Demi defending China?

Comment

probably a chicom asset like JimL

Comment

Because by that time China already knew it was spreading human to human and they had already disappeared anyone who said otherwise. They lied to the WHO and the WHO parroted their lies.

Even conservative estimates show that the virus was spreading in December, and there is evidence it was spreading in November and covered up by the Chinese.

Seer, the report is about them going back in hindsight to relook at unusual cases in November. It doesn't mean that in November they knew "how infectious this was". You're falling for the spin.
                          Already refuted, but I need to fix "spin" as "lies".
                          Last edited by demi-conservative; 04-15-2020, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                            probably a chicom asset like JimL
                            Like I said,

This blaming of China for the virus woes is getting pathological, close to 'Russia russia russia!!!' levels..
                            Last time I was accused of being a Russian agent, now a Chinese agent.

What happened to you, Darth? Too much time in a poz capital has weakened you.

Comment

The situation is similar to a conservative on Tweb who doesn't like Trump, but has had enough of the lies about Trump and decides to refute them. Many such cases!

Comment

And Trump gives the WHO a kicking. Wrong target?
                                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment