Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lab Leak: The conspiracy theory is shaping up to look like real possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
    There is zero question that the US's response to the virus was poor in many ways involving many departments of government, and now many are blaming China to deflect from the obvious. The rightwing media are more full of BS than the leftwing media on the virus.
    What's wrong with blaming china given that the virus escaped their country because they tried to hide its outbreak instead of containing it?
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      What's wrong with blaming china given that the virus escaped their country because they tried to hide its outbreak instead of containing it?

Oh no, a terrible coverup of *check notes* 4 days.
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        The stated concern of Hillary's State Deparatment in 2015 does not mean that an accidental (or intended) release of a virus happened in Wuhan. Amateurs.
        sure, much more likely Bill Gates did it for an excuse to implant microchips in vaccines!

Comment

The rightwing media are more full of lies and misrepresentations than the leftwing media on the virus.
          Fixed.
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            sure, much more likely Bill Gates did it for an excuse to implant microchips in vaccines!
            Quite frankly, it would be just as easy for me to believe Gates did it as it would be easy for me to believe any terrorist would do it, Muslim or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              hmm. So if a chair falls of a truck 1/4 mile ahead on a road, but you are texting on your cellphone while driving and don't see the chair even though you had plenty of time to avoid it, it's all the Trucks fault you hit the chair?
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Ummm....

When a truck’s load falls and damages another vehicle, the driver or owner will almost certainly be found negligent. This is because under the law, drivers have a responsibility to secure the cargo in their vehicles. If something falls off, courts generally find that it is because the driver failed to adequately secure it.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh. Right. We were momentarily forgot about Saint Bill whose use of experimental vaccines on people in India, Africa and other places were the likely causes of illness, polio, and deaths. You can at least explore the information and disinformation available before you cutoff debate by use of mockery. My main point about Gates is that he pushes vaccines as a solution because, by all appearances, he is setting up to have a big worldwide market for vaccines to his own profit.

Look into some of this. Check what is said internationally about Gates. Or, why do you blindly scoff at stuff I am finding. (And I can throw in some remarks that I heard peripherally rather than deeper examination. That is the difficulty in all research.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Ummm....

When a truck’s load falls and damages another vehicle, the driver or owner will almost certainly be found negligent. This is because under the law, drivers have a responsibility to secure the cargo in their vehicles. If something falls off, courts generally find that it is because the driver failed to adequately secure it.
                    Wait. Those trucks that haul dirt and rocks -- these trucks have signs saying it isn't their fault if you are closer than 300 feet behind them. Doesn't that free them of all liability?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Ummm....

I didn't say it wasn't partially the Truck's fault CP. I said the implication from DE was that it was ALL the trucks fault. And It's not all the Truck's fault, because the only reason the driver hit the chair is his own negligence. Had he not been texting, he could simply have stopped or driven around it.

And that is the case here. China bears fault- yes. But so does the white house for dragging its feet.

And I'm not going to get into a long winded discussion on the law. Even if the Truck is ultimately at fault, if the driver hits the chair and his kid is hurt, it doesn't matter that it was the Trucks legal responsibility. The negligence of the driver hurt his kid, and that is on him regardless. And that is also the point. Trump can't scapegoat his irresponsibility onto China. That is on him.
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-15-2020, 01:11 PM.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                        Oh. Right. We were momentarily forgot about Saint Bill whose use of experimental vaccines on people in India, Africa and other places were the likely causes of illness, polio, and deaths. You can at least explore the information and disinformation available before you cutoff debate by use of mockery. My main point about Gates is that he pushes vaccines as a solution because, by all appearances, he is setting up to have a big worldwide market for vaccines to his own profit.

Look into some of this. Check what is said internationally about Gates. Or, why do you blindly scoff at stuff I am finding. (And I can throw in some remarks that I heard peripherally rather than deeper examination. That is the difficulty in all research.)
                        Or, it could be because a vaccine would actually protect people and stop this thing in it's tracks. We would no longer need to stay sheltered in our homes wondering if we will catch it and then die horribly, isolated from all friends and family.

Vaccines are GOOD, Mike. They are not some evil conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          hmm. So if a chair falls of a truck 1/4 mile ahead on a road, but you are texting on your cellphone while driving and don't see the chair even though you had plenty of time to avoid it, it's all the Trucks fault you hit the chair?
                          It's a stupid analogy and not representative of what happened but the "her skirt was too short" logic you employ here is amusing.
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Or, it could be because a vaccine would actually protect people and stop this thing in it's tracks. We would no longer need to stay sheltered in our homes wondering if we will catch it and then die horribly, isolated from all friends and family.

Vaccines are GOOD, Mike. They are not some evil conspiracy.
                            All vaccines? Certain ones? The ones used in trials (with no subsequent follow-through on the result) done often in these other countries and which have reported deaths and sickness? How about the forcing of HPV vaccines that have caused sickness? Should someone have a vaccine to protect herself from cancer, if even if she does not worry about cancer?

Do your research ... pros and cons of the debate ... and then start providing the details of that research. It is too easy to just say "everyone know that all vaccines are good, haven't your already heard that in the news?" Cigarettes are healthy. Takes some Thalidomide. Try the Fen-Phen diet. Go use DDT to get bacteria off your children. Drink diet drinks with aspartame.

Look at the numbers. They don't work concerning the coronavirus. If this were the plague, we would have people dying at home because they had the coronavirus. We would see the coroners (or whoever) picking up dead people from houses in our neighborhoods every day. Do the research? Think about the numbers in your area.
                            Last edited by mikewhitney; 04-15-2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

I didn't say it wasn't partially the Trucks fault CP. I said the implication from DE was that it was ALL the trucks fault. And It's not all the Truck's fault, because the only reason the driver hit the chair is his own negligence. Had he not been texting, he could simply have stopped or driven around it.

And that is the case here. China bears fault- yes. But so does the white house for dragging its feet.
                              What if driving around chairs is considered chairophoboic by the same people who scream that you didn't dodge the chair fast enough afterwards? What % of the blame do they share in your opinion?

Comment

If the Truck driver didn't secure the chair then denies it was even in the road, yes.

Comment