Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lab Leak: The conspiracy theory is shaping up to look like real possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Your denial doesn't change the simple fact that is exactly what it is. And the cost of the ignorance that tries to justify it has been the loss of innocent human lives.
    I see, so you're basically admitting that the only reason you personally would ever describe a disease based on its geographic origin is in order to assign blame. While I'm sure it feels good to get that confession off your chest, perhaps you should stop projecting your own failings onto other people.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-29-2021, 07:46 AM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Interesting... Fauci the Fraud said in 2012 that the benefits of experimenting on dangerous pathogens was worth the risk of a laboratory accident causing a pandemic.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-lab-accident/
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

On MSNBC's Morning Joe today, AP White House reporter Jonathan Lemire was livid that Trump and other conservatives have been, as he said, "almost taking a victory lap" now that scoffers and nay-sayers in the MSM as well as the White House are finally having to admit that it is becoming increasingly likely that the Chicom coronavirus leaked from a lab. Lemire groused that because Trump hadn't instantly (January last year) declared it likely came from a leak that, therefore, Trump "and his allies are practicing some revisionist history."

Yesterday, one of the View Shrews, Joy Behar, after ranting about how Trump picked on the poor widdle Chicoms, frumbled that Trump made a "lucky guess" about where the virus came from. Keep in mind this is the show where Whoopi Goldberg denied that the Chinese government was accusing the U.S. military of having spread Covid in Wuhan[1]

Meanwhile, over at the New York Times, Apoorva Mandavilli, the paper's lead reporter covering the Chinese coronavirus, apparently doesn't want any investigation into where the virus originated from because ... say it with me now ... because it's raaaaaaaaaaaaacist.

Yup. The very idea that the virus originated from a lab is racist.

1. apparently China has never stopped pushing this. Yesterday they announced that any investigation into China is over and it is time to start investigating "other countries" as the possible source of their plague.
          Yesterday over on MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell Reports they had a guest host on who was claiming that Trump wasn't actually right about the Chicom coronavirus originating from a lab because he was really "more focused on finding a scapegoat" to which his guest eagerly agreed: "the problem was they were focused on trying to shift the blame to someone else and so China becomes the narrative."

Back to the he was wrong before he was right narrative

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yesterday over on MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell Reports they had a guest host on who was claiming that Trump wasn't actually right about the Chicom coronavirus originating from a lab because he was really "more focused on finding a scapegoat" to which his guest eagerly agreed: "the problem was they were focused on trying to shift the blame to someone else and so China becomes the narrative."

TDS is just an annoyance when it's relegated to discussions with Trump obsessed leftists on a message board, but it becomes downright dangerous when it affects media institutions and how they relay stories to mass audiences.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Interesting... Fauci the Fraud said in 2012 that the benefits of experimenting on dangerous pathogens was worth the risk of a laboratory accident causing a pandemic.

Laying the grounds for his cover story in advance?

Comment

• ^^ Evidence that right-wing partisans will promote falsehoods for no better reason than their partisanship.

Comment

More like he was accidentally right for the wrong reasons.

I believe we've mentioned the stopped clock before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

A claim that "somebody did something" isn't what I'd credit as being right. If you take all sides on an issue, you can always claim you were right. Look for it, and you'll find quotes of him saying the Chinese were being open and transparent.

Comment

Only he indicated he had exclusive intelligence he couldn't relay to the public at the time. So, no, it apparently wasn't an accident. Best case scenario for the MSM is that their TDS got in the way of their jobs, as opposed to worse case scenario that they did china's bidding because they were given money to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Interesting... Fauci the Fraud said in 2012 that the benefits of experimenting on dangerous pathogens was worth the risk of a laboratory accident causing a pandemic.

Taken from a paper in which he explained why the NIAID was strongly in favor of continuing a voluntary moratorium on gain-of-function research experiments on H5N1 influenza.

The game has changed for influenza virus scientists and the agencies that support them. As researchers, we must realize that we are critical players in the process of policy and decision making related to DURC, but we are not the only players. Before embarking on certain types of research, we must ask ourselves critical questions about whether there are alternative ways to answer the research questions at hand. When no reasonable alternatives exist, we must take the scientific approach to making the argument for conducting such experiments before they are performed. The voluntary moratorium on the controversial issue of gain-of-function research related to the transmissibility of highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza virus is providing us the time and space we all need to work together and get this right, and it should be continued until we do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          Only he indicated he had exclusive intelligence he couldn't relay to the public at the time. So, no, it apparently wasn't an accident.
                          Except we have no reason to believe he had such exclusive intelligence at the time, and he lies at the drop of a hat. Any hat.

Best case scenario for the MSM is that their TDS got in the way of their jobs, as opposed to worse case scenario that they did china's bidding because they were given money to do so.
                          The MSM is doing its job if it takes any uncorroborated statement from Trump with a mountain of salt.

Comment

Except we have no reason to believe he had such exclusive intelligence at the time, and he lies at the drop of a hat. Any hat.

The MSM is doing its job if it takes any uncorroborated statement from Trump with a mountain of salt.
                            I'll take a lying politician (wow, there's something novel) over a partisan hack media institution (best case scenario) that allows political bias to obfuscate their reporting any time of day.

Comment

Taken from a paper in which he explained why the NIAID was strongly in favor of continuing a voluntary moratorium on gain-of-function research experiments on H5N1 influenza.

The game has changed for influenza virus scientists and the agencies that support them. As researchers, we must realize that we are critical players in the process of policy and decision making related to DURC, but we are not the only players. Before embarking on certain types of research, we must ask ourselves critical questions about whether there are alternative ways to answer the research questions at hand. When no reasonable alternatives exist, we must take the scientific approach to making the argument for conducting such experiments before they are performed. The voluntary moratorium on the controversial issue of gain-of-function research related to the transmissibility of highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza virus is providing us the time and space we all need to work together and get this right, and it should be continued until we do so.
                              Even if it means we have to bypass US concerns and restrictions by taking such experiments into communist countries that accept our controversial research with open arms.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I'll take a lying politician (wow, there's something novel) over a partisan hack media institution (best case scenario) that allows political bias to obfuscate their reporting any time of day.
                                It's not political bias to discount anything that Trump says without corroboration.

Journalists have to make judgments about the quality of their sources. Trump being a low quality source is an easy call.

Comment