Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lab Leak: The conspiracy theory is shaping up to look like real possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    The scary thing is I am betting that even if COVID did come from a lab in China, it doesn't mean that the Chinese are going to stop experimenting with dangerous viruses or become any safer in the way that they do. COVID wasn't the first new virus that has come out of China. Several varieties of flu have originated in China as well as SARS. The country is a freaking petri dish of diseases, and lax hygiene/safety protocols.
    There are reports of a new strain of bird flu festering in the country. But don't worry, the Chinese government assures us that it's mostly harmless.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...10n3-bird-flu/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

There are reports of a new strain of bird flu festering in the country. But don't worry, the Chinese government assures us that it's mostly harmless.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...10n3-bird-flu/
      If they did it again deliberately, this time I would definitely call that insane.

Comment

• And now we have emails dated April 2020 from another Wuhan lab funder profusely thanking Fauci the Fraud for his efforts to "dispel the myths being spun around the virus’ origins".

https://redstate.com/scotthounsell/2...theory-n389836

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

If they did it again deliberately, this time I would definitely call that insane.
          I think it is time to rebuild the Great Wall of China.

Comment

• More from Fauci the Fraud's treasure trove of emails, this time from a colleague concerned that the China flu could appear to have been engineered.

https://www.breitbart.com/science/20...ok-engineered/

Comment

More from Fauci the Fraud's treasure trove of emails, this time from a colleague concerned that the China flu could appear to have been engineered.

https://www.breitbart.com/science/20...ok-engineered/
              Emailgate 2.0!

They're interesting and I'm digging into them as we speak.

Here's something also interesting. Peter Daszak, you know the dude that is head of EcoHealth Alliance, the third party group that funneled funds from NIH to the Wuhan lab, is on the so-called WHO committee that investigated covid origins.

If you're asking yourself, how and why would the guy who may be culpable in all this is on the very investigation team that determines if the lab leak story is accurate or not, you're not alone.

Scientists Outraged by Peter Daszak Leading Enquiry Into Possible Covid Lab Leak

Lead investigator is considered one of the most conflicted and unreliable voices on the issue. Jonathan Matthews reports

Expressions of outrage and incredulity have greeted the announcement that Peter Daszak, president of EcoHealth Alliance, has been chosen to lead a Task Force that will examine the possibility that Covid-19 could have emerged from a lab, as part of an investigation into the origins of the virus.

Daszak has promised to undertake the investigation “with an open mind”. But this is hard to imagine, given his previous dismissals of suggestions that SARS-CoV-2 could have leaked from a lab as “preposterous”, “baseless”, “crackpot”, “conspiracy theories” and “pure baloney”.

Misinformation super-spreader

Daszak’s investigation forms part of the work of the Lancet Covid-19 Commission – a body launched in July to look at the handling of the pandemic and “offer practical solutions”. In a statement, the Commission said it was “extremely important that the research into the origins of SARS-CoV-2 should proceed … in a scientific and objective way that is unhindered by geopolitical agendas and misinformation”.

But Daszak himself is considered a misinformation super-spreader by critics like Rutgers University microbiologist Richard Ebright, who has accused him of lying “on a Trumpian scale”, and the evolutionary theorist Bret Weinstein who has labelled him “Patient Zero for misinformation” on the origins of Covid-19.

A 100-million-dollar-plus conflict of interest

There is also the issue of conflicts of interest. Although Daszak declared in The Lancet that he has “no competing interests” on Covid-19, and likewise told the Washington Post he has “no conflicts of interest”, Alina Chan, a molecular biologist at the Broad Institute, points out that he is a “long-time friend, collaborator and funder of the Shi lab” – the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) lab led by Shi Zhengli that is most often identified as the probable source of any lab leak.

In fact, Daszak’s EcoHealth Alliance has helped finance both the WIV’s bat coronavirus surveillance and its bat coronavirus gain-of-function research (research aimed at making a virus more infective), with the help of multi-million dollar grants from the US government. This, of course, means Daszak’s own activities are material to the subject he is investigating: the origins of a bat-derived coronavirus pandemic that broke out in the very city to which he helped lab workers bring bat coronaviruses for storage, analysis and experimentation.

As Richard Ebright has noted, “For persons who were directly involved in funding, promoting, and/or performing bat coronavirus research and bat coronavirus gain-of-function research at WIV, avoiding a possible finding of culpability for triggering a pandemic is a powerful motivator.” And Daszak would be at the very top of the list of those involved in funding, promoting and collaborating in that research.

More broadly, as Ebright also notes, Daszak's EcoHealth Alliance has received over $100 million in funding from US government agencies for a variety of virus surveillance and virus gain of function work – the kind of work that could be brought into serious question if Daszak found any evidence it contributed to causing the pandemic.

How did The Lancet manage to overlook such an enormous conflict of interest, Ebright wonders, while Dr Filippa Lentzos, an expert on biological threats at King’s College London, tweeted, “Goodness. I can't imagine a lead investigator with more vested interests!”

Comment

• Oh what a web we weave...

Just for the Fauci fanboys.

Tucker, the leftists' favorite news host, breaks down some of the emails, with very interesting email references and possible connections with Fauci, Ralph Baric, Shi Zhengli, and Peter Daszak

Comment

• Six Bombshell Revelations from Fauci's Emails

A couple of points couple that caught my attention from this article:

Fauci was circulating articles on "gain of function" research on February 1, 2020

At the time talking about the possibility that the Wuhan coronavirus came from a lab-engineered concoction could get you banned from social media, Dr. Fauci was sending attachments titled "SARS Gain of Function.pdf" to colleagues. One recipient would email back saying "the paper you sent me says the experiments were performed before the gain of function pause but have since been reviewed and approved by NIH," adding another colleague "will try to determine if we have any distant ties to this work abroad."

Fauci replied "Ok. Stay tuned."

[...]

Fauci knew masks didn't work and told people not to wear them

Townhall also reported on the communications with individuals and media outlets in which Fauci advised against mask wearing for travel, told a medical school dean not to mandate masks, and stated the flimsy masks most Americans were forced to wear were ineffective at stopping the spread of Wuhan coronavirus.

Also in the emails are very friendly communications between Fauci and Chinese scientists.

Comment

• Looks like we might have had the fox guarding the henhouse.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Looks like we might have had the fox guarding the henhouse.
                      Which is all the more reason nothing will come of this.

We may get some fireworks at the next Fauci/House meeting when the emails are brought up, but everything is too tribal now for there to be any sort of bipartisan focus on this.

Comment

Which is all the more reason nothing will come of this.

We may get some fireworks at the next Fauci/House meeting when the emails are brought up, but everything is too tribal now for there to be any sort of bipartisan focus on this.
                        I won't be around to see it but it should be interesting what historians will be saying about this period in 50 or 60 years.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I won't be around to see it but it should be interesting what historians will be saying about this period in 50 or 60 years.
                          Since we'll likely be living in a technocratic dystopian nightmare by then, I imagine the subject will never be brought up.

Comment

• Both Rand Paul and Robert Redfield receiving death threats from the pro-Fauci cult.

Fox News:
                            The FBI is investigating a suspicious package, filled with white powder and bearing an image threatening violence, that arrived at Republican Sen. Rand Paul's home in Kentucky on Monday.

On the outside of the envelope was a picture of a bruised and bandaged Paul with a gun to his head and a threat printed beneath it: "I’ll finish what your neighbor started you motherf------"

Initial tests showed the substance inside the envelope was harmless, U.S. Capitol Police told Fox News.

Fox News obtained a copy of the image on the envelope.
                            Vanity Affair:
                            But for most of the past year, the lab-leak scenario was treated not simply as unlikely or even inaccurate but as morally out-of-bounds. In late March, former Centers for Disease Control director Robert Redfield received death threats from fellow scientists after telling CNN that he believed COVID-19 had originated in a lab. “I was threatened and ostracized because I proposed another hypothesis,” Redfield told Vanity Fair. “I expected it from politicians. I didn’t expect it from science.”

Comment

Both Rand Paul and Robert Redfield receiving death threats from the pro-Fauci cult.
                              Fauci: "You're all going to die!"
                              Liberals: "Yay! We love you! Speak truth to power!"

Rand Paul: "Actually, it's not as bad as he says. We're going to be okay."
                              Liberals: "We'll kill you for saying that!"

Comment

Fauci: "You're all going to die!"
                                Liberals: "Yay! We love you! Speak truth to power!"

Rand Paul: "Actually, it's not as bad as he says. We're going to be okay."
                                Liberals: "We'll kill you for saying that!"

Thing is, was it just partisans defending their weird tribal ideology, or was it actually folks from the scientific community? Redfield indicates it was actually the scientific community, and we know he never questioned the severity of the virus, just where it originated. And the threats against Rand happened after the exchange between Rand and Fauci about the Wuhan lab funding.

Comment