Thread: US, Canada funded Wuhan virus lab research

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

US, Canada funded Wuhan virus lab research

In a news release from early March, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research announced millions in funding to research and develop tools such as vaccines and tests to combat the coronavirus. One project that got $828,046 from the agency was aimed at developing a rapid coronavirus test "using isothermal amplification and CRISPR technology." Among the organizations on the project was the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

According to public documents compiled by the White Coat Waste Project and shared with Fox News, The Wuhan Institute of Virology has been involved with research funded by $7.1 million worth of U.S. government grants from the National Institutes of Health as it has participated in projects in collaboration with U.S. institutions. One grant for research on bat coronaviruses has received $3.7 million and another grant involving injecting viruses into mice's brains got $3.4 million.

The cable argued that the United States should give Chinese researchers at the Wuhan lab more support because its research on bat coronaviruses was important and dangerous. The lab had already been receiving assistance from the Galveston National Laboratory at the University of Texas Medical Branch.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/u-s...ed-chinese-lab
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What is so funny? If this new test works out it could save lives.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    What is so funny? If this new test works out it could save lives.
    It would be ironic.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post

Actually this is good news if the USA and Canada helped funding the lab, they are involved. So far there is no evidence linking the lab to any ethical research problems, nor links to COVAG-19.

Can you provide any evidence of problems with unethical research or links to the COVAG-19 pandemic? The statements I cited from a representative of the administration said there is no evidence and the COVAG-19 was most likely of natural origins,
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.