Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Does wearing masks really prevent coronavirus outbreaks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    It's basically a matter of common sense. If the virus infects by entering the nose and mouth, and transmits when an infected person coughs, sneezes or even talks, then common sense should tell you the mask is a defense against being infected by the virus and of transmiting the virus.
    I hope other people have better common sense than you do.

But if you do know you have a contagious illness that could be passed on by sneezing or coughing, you could cover you mouth when you do so. If you also want to be a little safer for people at risk of catching this, sure you can wear a mask.

It helps nothing (and puts you at more risk) to wear a mask for your own protection.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      I hope other people have better common sense than you do.

But if you do know you have a contagious illness that could be passed on by sneezing or coughing, you could cover you mouth when you do so. If you also want to be a little safer for people at risk of catching this, sure you can wear a mask.

It helps nothing (and puts you at more risk) to wear a mask for your own protection.
      If you admit that covering your mouth protects others when you cough, sneeze etc. then you are admitting that a mask works. Anyway, how does wearing a mask put you at more risk of catching an airborne transmitable virus.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        If you admit that covering your mouth protects others when you cough, sneeze etc. then you are admitting that a mask works. Anyway, how does wearing a mask put you at more risk of catching an airborne transmitable virus.
        I think you can read what I posted rather than asking question upon question. The main thing is that most of us, unless having known contagious infection, only are harmed by wearing masks.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
          I think you can read what I posted rather than asking question upon question. The main thing is that most of us, unless having known contagious infection, only are harmed by wearing masks.
          I thought that maybe you could be succinct, I'm not into reading long post in ordert to find what should be a simple answer.

Comment

Wearing a mask leads to oxygen deprivation plus inhaling anything that would not be dangerous to other people but would be multiplying back into your lungs. The coronavirus has not been any worse than a bad flu season and does not deserve unconventional, useless measures to prevent its spread.

Just don't lick the floors people are walking on.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X