Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Does wearing masks really prevent coronavirus outbreaks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    For Shuny, the NHS study of coronavirus on surfaces

showing temperature and humidity impact the virus.

more info:
    https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/23/us-sa...-70f-12602532/
    1 hour is long enough, particularly in the rainy season.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      This, if the testing meant anything useful, would at best show that the quarantine was useless or harmful.
      This is one study, and one that makes no sense to me. You can't get infected just sitting home alone. Someone is infecting them. So they are either exposed by going out, or by someone who is coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        1 hour is long enough, particularly in the rainy season.
        But you said

There is absolutely no evidence at present that coronavirus is temperature nor humidity sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          This is one study, and one that makes no sense to me. You can't get infected just sitting home alone. Someone is infecting them. So they are either exposed by going out, or by someone who is coming in.
          nobody is totally isolated. still have to get groceries for example. Even having them delivered carries a danger. The virus could live on the groceries for up to 48 hours. I basically have to put on a mask and wash down all of my groceries and leave them alone in the garage for 3 days before using them. Except for the refrigerated items, which I will wash and put in the freezer/fridge and not touch as long as possible. Still a risk though.

same with mail or packages.

Comment

But you said

OK! but yes I referred to the rainy season in the tropic, often no sun, and in the tropis the temperature hovers around 90 and rainy every day.

Comment

No, I was referring to your posts, and no coherent references..
              Then you are back to having no worthwhile points.

Comment

nobody is totally isolated. still have to get groceries for example. Even having them delivered carries a danger. The virus could live on the groceries for up to 48 hours. I basically have to put on a mask and wash down all of my groceries and leave them alone in the garage for 3 days before using them. Except for the refrigerated items, which I will wash and put in the freezer/fridge and not touch as long as possible. Still a risk though.

same with mail or packages.
                Agreed, and after thinking it over I came to the conclusion that the reason that the 65% of new infections are of those who stay at home is probably because most everyone at this time probably describes themselves that way, even though most have to go shopping ect.

Comment

No.

This is what I remember about the masks.

The virus is so small that the masks won't stop viruses you breathe out.

If viruses are on droplets of water, they will fall to the ground within several feet.

Plus, you have to be in close proximity to a person (like sitting next to them in a conference room) for I think 20 minutes before another person could have a chance of being infected.
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Then you are back to having no worthwhile points.
                    You have not made any coherent points yet nor references.

Still waiting . . .

Comment

For Shuny, the NHS study of coronavirus on surfaces

showing temperature and humidity impact the virus.

more info:
                      https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/23/us-sa...-70f-12602532/
                      I don't buy it. If temperatures that far below normal (non-fever) human body temperature killed the virus so easily, then entering a human body would be instantly fatal for it. Nobody would be getting sick at all.
                      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Agreed, and after thinking it over I came to the conclusion that the reason that the 65% of new infections are of those who stay at home is probably because most everyone at this time probably describes themselves that way, even though most have to go shopping ect.
                        And watching news reports, most people are not really very good at protecting themselves. What if your mailman is infected? Do most people think about that when they bring their mail into the house? Do they disinfect their mail? And people go around wearing gloves, then touching their faces. Or wear masks with their noses hanging out. Also even a N95 mask won't do any good if you touch something infected then rub your eyes, or even not wear glasses or goggles. The droplets in the air could land on your eye and infect you. Any exposed mucous membranes are targets for the virus.

Comment

And watching news reports, most people are not really very good at protecting themselves. What if your mailman is infected? Do most people think about that when they bring their mail into the house? Do they disinfect their mail? And people go around wearing gloves, then touching their faces. Or wear masks with their noses hanging out. Also even a N95 mask won't do any good if you touch something infected then rub your eyes, or even not wear glasses or goggles. The droplets in the air could land on your eye and infect you. Any exposed mucous membranes are targets for the virus.
                          True, everyone is probably guilty of some of those things at times, but in general the precautions they take are better than no precautions.

Comment

Science Says Healthy People Should Not Wear Masks

Here is a partial copy of the details about wearing masks

Source: https://www.thehealthyamerican.org/masks-dont-work

LINK HERELINK HERELINK HERELINK HERELINK HERE
                            (7) Columbia University: Psychological Harms of Face Masks: <br>
                            "Many young children burst into tears or recoil when someone wearing a mask approaches. By putting on masks, we take away information that makes it especially difficult for children to recognize others and read emotional signals, which is unsettling and disconcerting."
                            LINK HERELINK HERELINK HERELINK HERELINK HERELink
                            [20] Two Boys Drop Dead in China While Wearing Masks During Gym Class, NY Post (May 6, 2020); Driver Crashes Car after Passing Out from
                            Wearing N-95 Mask Too Long Police Said, ABC News (April 25, 2020).

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by mikewhitney; 06-17-2020, 04:37 PM.

Comment

https://www.meehanmd.com/blog/2020-0...ar-face-masks/

This is a partial quote from what is on this website

Comment

https://www.meehanmd.com/blog/2020-0...ar-face-masks/

This is a partial quote from what is on this website
                                It's basically a matter of common sense. If the virus infects by entering the nose and mouth, and transmits when an infected person coughs, sneezes or even talks, then common sense should tell you the mask is a defense against being infected by the virus and of transmiting the virus.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X