Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump proposes injecting people with disinfectant to kill Coronavirus

43rd Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So he fumbles with his words. Seems to me an awful lot of politicians have been doing that lately (not mentioning any particular presidental candidates by name)....
    Last edited by DesertBerean; 04-24-2020 at 06:21 AM.

Banned
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    So he funbles with his words. Seems to me an awful lot of politicians have been doing that lately (not mentioning an particular presidental candidates by name)....
    ....said no conservative when Obama was in office!

Seems to me that a lot of Christians here have been applying a separate set of standards for Trump than for anyone else over the last few years.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    A string of dumb statements that need to be walked back by the adults in the administration, but need to be excused by the party loyalists is hardly effective governance. Brix's discomfort was palpable there

How often did conservatives apply the same ability to parse out a statement when it comes to a liberal? Or a statement from AOC where a conservative says "if you listen to the rest of the statement he clarifies what he was talking about"
    Oh I agree, Trump says some pretty stupid things in these press conferences. I said that before. He should just let the experts speak on medical issues and stick to the logistics and governmental items. He obviously has no clue about how viruses work or anything medical.

4. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    43rd Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    ....said no conservative when Obama was in office!

Seems to me that a lot of Christians here have been applying a separate set of standards for Trump than for anyone else over the last few years.
    Obama is a very gifted speaker. But I'll bet anyone can produce examples where he blew it.

Not only that, the media has a very solid track record of mispresenting what ANYBODY said. I believe there were a few incidents where they did that with Obama. Unfortunately that wasn't the case with his Guarantee of Keeping Your Insurance You've Had Forever.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    OK I take back my previous statement that he meant heat and light instead of injecting disinfectant. Looking at the actual transcript, he meant at first "light" and "disinfectant" and then later "light" and "heat"

Totally an idiotic thing to say..

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if youíre totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous ó whether itís ultraviolet or very powerful light. And I think you said that hasnít been checked, but youíre going test it. Supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way.

And I think you said youíre going test that too. Sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number in the lungs. It would be interesting to check youíre going have to use medical doctors with that, but it sounds interesting to me. And so weíll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, thatís pretty powerful."

Gah!

7. Amen Juvenal amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    So he fumbles with his words. Seems to me an awful lot of politicians have been doing that lately (not mentioning any particular presidental candidates by name)....
    Recommending injecting cleaning chemicals is not fumbling with words, but did I notice a drool when he spoke. Maybe he should try it on himself first.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeareís Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The crickets from Mountain Man are deafening.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    OK I take back my previous statement that he meant heat and light instead of injecting disinfectant. Looking at the actual transcript, he meant at first "light" and "disinfectant" and then later "light" and "heat"

Totally an idiotic thing to say..

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if youíre totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous ó whether itís ultraviolet or very powerful light. And I think you said that hasnít been checked, but youíre going test it. Supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way.

And I think you said youíre going test that too. Sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number in the lungs. It would be interesting to check youíre going have to use medical doctors with that, but it sounds interesting to me. And so weíll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, thatís pretty powerful."

Gah!
    I like that you represent part of a group that must acknowledge Trumpís retardation but still support himóbecause heís at least a retard who pretends to be on your ideological side.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    I like that you represent part of a group that must acknowledge Trumpís retardation but still support himóbecause heís at least a retard who pretends to be on your ideological side.
    I have said repeatedly that Trump's speeches are horrendous, as are his tweets. I can't stand to listen to him pontificate. When he says something stupid, I will admit that. But I also admit that he has done excellent with the jobs and the economy and he was right to put tariffs on China and try to get our manufacturing back in this country. He was also right to stop flights from China and Europe when he did. And he is right to suspend green cards right now. On economics he seems to be very capable. On medical topics he is a moron.

12. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    (skip to 30 seconds)

https://twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/s...50176510992384

What have you go to lose? Try it and see if it works!
    He's a blowhard know-it-all. He's the type of guy who isn't very smart, but has to act like he's smart so the attention stays on him and ends up saying stupid things. I'm still not voting for Biden though, or any other democrat they pick to replace him
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).