Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 74 of 74

Thread: 2020 Election Polling

  1. #71
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,928
    Amen (Given)
    14062
    Amen (Received)
    28928
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I find it quite amazing that the "usual characters" continually characterize me as unwilling to acknowledge error. When someone makes the case - I have no problem saying "I was wrong." I'd rather get the right information than continue to pass on the wrong information. Hopefully, ALL professional educators have that philosophy.
    I think what happens is that we (both sides) tend to over-generalize and lump "the other side" in with the worst of the "other side". I'm trying not to do that. I get along with quite a number of our baby-eating godless morally wretched eggsucking atheists*.

    I, on the other hand, tend to get lumped in with some of the more... um.... 'assertive'... conservatives, and it appears you and some others get lumped in with... um... one of our more colorful liberals who tends to play fast and loose with the truth and can't seem to ever admit that he said something stupid, but just stupidly doubles down on it.


    *feigned contempt for effect
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  2. #72
    tWebber carpedm9587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,527
    Amen (Given)
    32
    Amen (Received)
    1413
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think what happens is that we (both sides) tend to over-generalize and lump "the other side" in with the worst of the "other side". I'm trying not to do that. I get along with quite a number of our baby-eating godless morally wretched eggsucking atheists*.

    I, on the other hand, tend to get lumped in with some of the more... um.... 'assertive'... conservatives, and it appears you and some others get lumped in with... um... one of our more colorful liberals who tends to play fast and loose with the truth and can't seem to ever admit that he said something stupid, but just stupidly doubles down on it.

    *feigned contempt for effect
    I consider TWeb "good practice." Every time someone paints another uncharitable picture of me, I remind myself, "No words said about me can change who I am - only the words I choose to write/say can do that."

    Sometimes I have to say it several times....

    Sometimes the reminder doesn't stop me from snapping back...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

    I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

  3. #73
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,928
    Amen (Given)
    14062
    Amen (Received)
    28928
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I consider TWeb "good practice." Every time someone paints another uncharitable picture of me, I remind myself, "No words said about me can change who I am - only the words I choose to write/say can do that."

    Sometimes I have to say it several times....

    Sometimes the reminder doesn't stop me from snapping back...
    And my friend, Leonhard, does a great job reminding me that the Tweb liberals are not representative of liberals in real life.

    But certain of them are excellent posterboys for all that's wrong with liberalism in general.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  4. #74
    tWebber carpedm9587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,527
    Amen (Given)
    32
    Amen (Received)
    1413
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And my friend, Leonhard, does a great job reminding me that the Tweb liberals are not representative of liberals in real life.

    But certain of them are excellent posterboys for all that's wrong with liberalism in general.
    So what, exactly, do you think is "wrong with liberalism?"
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

    I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •