Thread: Will COVID 19 return?

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    Is this thread now about CP (again)?
    Every thread is about CP...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

2. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Yeah, CP mentioned him.
    Well played, sir.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Neither of you disagreed when or where the claim was made.
    The notion that I, or any other Christian on this board, has any sort of obligation to disavow every statement like "all atheists are anti-christian bigots", or any other statement we might disagree with made by a fellow Christian here on TWeb is quite frankly absurd and ridiculous. Silence does not imply agreement. Nor does it imply disagreement. It doesn't imply much of anything, in fact.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    The notion that I, or any other Christian on this board, has any sort of obligation to disavow every statement like "all atheists are anti-christian bigots", or any other statement we might disagree with made by a fellow Christian here on TWeb is quite frankly absurd and ridiculous. Silence does not imply agreement. Nor does it imply disagreement. It doesn't imply much of anything, in fact.
    You might want to take that up with Thomas Moore
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    You might want to take that up with Thomas Moore
    Nah, but if you explain what relevance he has to what I wrote I might take it up with you.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    Nah, but if you explain what relevance he has to what I wrote I might take it up with you.
    I was thinking of the quote from "A Man for All Seasons." When Cromwell, trying to get him convicted of opposing the king, informs him that his silence conveys his opposition to the king, Moore responds, "Not so. Not so, Master Secretary. The maxim is "Qui tacet consentiret": the maxim of the law is "Silence gives consent". If therefore you wish to construe what my silence betokened, you must construe that I consented, not that I denied."

The relevant passage is here.