Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

First computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is funny:

Comment

My first computer was a Gateway, which ran Windows 95 and most of the time I used to play free Mircosoft demos that came with it.

Comment

My first computer, or actually our family's first computer was an Amiga, but I can't remember which model. I used to play James Pond 2 on it.

Comment

I think dad had a RS TRS99, played with that as a kid. My first computer was a 386SX in college, wasn't long before it was swapped out for a 486.

Year or so ago I was in conversation at work with my geek coworker (he hacks his smartphone etc). He didn't have a clue what a 386 etc was! To be fair I haven't a clue about the latest machines either.
          Last edited by supton; 06-29-2014, 06:38 AM. Reason: Wrong computer model #
          No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Don't feel bad - he probably can't dial a rotary phone anyway.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Just keep pressing the holes where the numbers are. It may be a little loose but that's okay.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  I think I teased him about that, that same exact sentiment.

He promptly put a rotary app onto his smartphone.
                  No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

My first computer was an Apple IIe. I remember booting it up like it was yesterday. The those nice loud screeches. Then the WHOOSH as it lights up.

snap20.jpg
                      Last edited by Jesse; 07-02-2014, 07:04 PM.
                      "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

The first one I ever used was an Apple IIe in school (learning Turtle!); but the first one I owned was an Apple IIc. Got it for my 6th grade graduation. Pulled it out for my oldest son (now 14) a couple of years ago and it still works! He's even learned some Basic in it.

Comment