Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden's #metoo moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    On this matter I think I am being pretty unbiased. I am not saying either woman should be dismissed or believed outright. I think in both cases (Kavanaugh and Biden) the accused should be considered innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I think both accusers should be listened to and their claims investigated.

Can you show me where I have said otherwise?
    I was responding to the comment in general. It jumped out of your post rather dramatically, since I have pretty consistently experienced extreme political bias from you. You went so far as to suggest your voting would always be based on party affiliation.

However, I cannot say that bias was evident in this particular discussion, AFAICT.
    Last edited by carpedm9587; 05-13-2020, 02:25 PM.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
      You'd have better odds of one the Tweb residents of the anti-Kavanaugh crowd coming in here and acknowledging Biden's rape charges than the DNC nominating Sanders.
      I've stated that I believe the victim unless given very good reasons not to.

Comment

• I neither believe nor disbelieve anyone. I let the facts come out first.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          I neither believe nor disbelieve anyone. I let the facts come out first.
          I'm now not sure whether to believe you about that, or not. Mind. Blown.
          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
            I appreciate that Sparko. I think Tara's claims have been fairly investigated but we should not hesitate to call out those who rush to judgement in her case.

They got little more than one day's coverage by the networks who then immediately moved on. At this point there has been very little investigation -- certainly not even 0.01% of what we saw concerning Ford's allegation against Kavanaugh (and that number might be too high).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

They got little more than one day's coverage by the networks who then immediately moved on. At this point there has been very little investigation -- certainly not even 0.01% of what we saw concerning Ford's allegation against Kavanaugh (and that number might be too high).
              Do you not understand that they reason they got little coverage was because they were investigated and found to not hold water?

Comment

Do you not understand that they reason they got little coverage was because they were investigated and found to not hold water?
                Or were politically inconvenient. Take your pick.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  Or were politically inconvenient. Take your pick.
                  Look at the coverage that Benghazi and "buttery males" got. The MSM covers tons of things in depth which are politically inconvenient for Democrats.

Comment

Look at the coverage that Benghazi and "buttery males" got. The MSM covers tons of things in depth which are politically inconvenient for Democrats.
                    Which mostly took place in 2014, how often was in mentioned in 2016?
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Which mostly took place in 2014, how often was in mentioned in 2016?
                      "Buttery males" was all anyone talked about in 2016. What are you on about?

Here's a search for "benghazi 2016 news" and you can find plenty of hits.

Come on LMoT.

Comment

"Buttery males" was all anyone talked about in 2016. What are you on about?

Here's a search for "benghazi 2016 news" and you can find plenty of hits.

Come on LMoT.
                        First hit, on your search article in the NYT with the headline:

House Benghazi Report Finds No New Evidence of Wrongdoing by Hillary Clinton

You can’t even troll right.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

First hit, on your search article in the NYT with the headline:

House Benghazi Report Finds No New Evidence of Wrongdoing by Hillary Clinton

You can’t even troll right.
                          It's reporting what the Republicans found in their own report!

What about "buttery males"? Was that silently buried in 2016?

Comment