Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden's #metoo moment

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Joe Biden's #metoo moment

Biden's former staffer, Tara Reade has come forward saying that the then Senator sexually assaulted her in 1993.

The story is here

I am curious of the reaction of those of you who defended Christine Ford when she accused Kavenaugh of assaulting her in high school. Back then many of you insisted a woman had to be believed and he should have been disqualified for the SCOTUS. Do you feel the same here? Should Biden be disqualified for running for President?

Please keep Trump out of this thread.

2. Amen Chaotic Void, QuantaFille, Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I expect crickets.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

4. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I fully expect people to erupt with righteous ire towards this any second now...

Oh, who am I kidding? It'll be a miracle if Biden takes a fraction of the flak for these allegations as Kavanaugh did for his (both here and elsewhere).
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

7. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My general reaction from the data I've seen is:

1. He likely did it (based on my assessment of the current evidence).
    2. There should be a serious investigation.
    3. He should step down as a candidate / be removed, and replaced with the runner-up candidate. The Dem party shouldn't lower its standards to tolerating this on its ticket.

If he stays on the ticket into the general, obviously a choice between two men who have sexually assaulted women is going to be off-putting to many voters, and we might see a record number of non-voters.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    3. He should step down as a candidate / be removed, and replaced with the runner-up candidate. The Dem party shouldn't lower its standards to tolerating this on its ticket.
    DNC will never allow Bernie to be the nom. Ever. They'll make up new rules on the fly if need be. You'd have better odds of one the Tweb residents of the anti-Kavanaugh crowd coming in here and acknowledging Biden's rape charges than the DNC nominating Sanders.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    You'd have better odds of one the Tweb residents of the anti-Kavanaugh crowd coming in here and acknowledging Biden's rape charges than the DNC nominating Sanders.
    So good odds then, given I just did that?

Unfortunately I agree that the DNC leadership (and Obama in the background) will do everything humanly possible and more to avoid Sanders being on the ticket, even if that means completely rewriting the rules.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So good odds then, given I just did that?

Unfortunately I agree that the DNC leadership (and Obama in the background) will do everything humanly possible and more to avoid Sanders being on the ticket, even if that means completely rewriting the rules.
    I distinctly remember JimL and a couple others, but I don't remember you being that vocal about Kavanaugh. In that case, good for you then.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    I distinctly remember JimL and a couple others, but I don't remember you being that vocal about Kavanaugh. In that case, good for you then.
    Kavanaugh pretty clearly was very guilty of quite a large number of things, including perjuring himself numerous times, and highly likely of sexual assaults, and I said so at the time on this site repeatedly. In no sane world should he have been confirmed.

It's kind of amusing/sad you guys seem to seriously think progressives are as unprincipled and inconsistent as you are.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Kavanaugh pretty clearly was very guilty of quite a large number of things, including perjuring himself numerous times, and highly likely of sexual assaults, and I said so at the time on this site repeatedly. In no sane world should he have been confirmed.

It's kind of amusing/sad you guys seem to seriously think progressives are as unprincipled and inconsistent as you are.
    The democratic party being unprincipled and inconsistent? Um... Ms. Tara Reade is exhibit A

The hypocrisy is on ridiculously creepy levels. Though I'll admit that a lot of progressives are on the war path when it comes to this subject, but that's only because it suits their political agenda of removing Biden and replacing him with Sanders. If this were Sanders, it would the complete reverse with the progressives and moderates.