Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden's #metoo moment

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    If you can find me significant voices in the MeToo movement advocating for taking accusations as true unless they can be disproven then I'll happily agree that they don't know what they're talking about.
    Okay, let me scour thousands of two year old tweets and dozens of MSM articles for you. No thanks. Maybe rogue can oblige
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well well... it seems that court records filed in 1996 show that Reade told her ex-husband about an encounter with Handsy Joe that left her traumatized:

The San Luis Obispo Tribune reported on Thursday that it had obtained a 1996 declaration filed by Theodore Dronen, Reade’s ex-husband, contesting a restraining order she filed against him after he had begun divorce proceedings. Dronen’s filing was in response to claims Reade made about having been a victim of domestic violence and sexual harassment when initially seeking out the order.

At the time Dronen disputed a number of the statements Reade made about their relationship, according to the Tribune, claiming her “traumatic” experiences while working for Biden had colored her “perception and judgment.”

“At the early stages of our dating, [Reade] felt comfortable confiding in me as we both worked for members of Congress,” the declaration reads. “On several occasions [Reade] related a problem that she was having at work, in U.S. Senator Joe Biden’s office.”

“It was obvious that this event had a very traumatic effect on [Reade], and that she is still sensitive and effected [sic] by it today,” the declaration adds.

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-elect...senate-office/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Okay, let me scour thousands of two year old tweets and dozens of MSM articles for you. No thanks. Maybe rogue can oblige
    Of course I'm not your parents and won't try to give you homework. I would suggest you consider why you believe that's what MeToo stands for and what voices gave you that impression. It's easy to be led astray by things we read especially if it was a while ago that we read them.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    In the first ever news article of this controversy to show up in my news feed since this started (as opposed to the crapload that popped up about the Kavanaugh Incident during it's time)... Tara Reade has actually gone into more detail about the alleged incident, and has claimed to have been getting harassed during this whole shindig. Also, it seems like the alleged incident was brought up by her ex-husband during their divorce proceedings back in 1996 as something that had radically affected her.

Sauce (Contains her rather graphic description of the incident. You have been warned): Tara Reade: Biden sex attack accuser urges him to quit race
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Tara Reade's attorneys are a prominent Republican and a Russian propagandist.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Tara Reade, a former Senate staffer who alleged Joe Biden sexually assaulted her 27 years ago, is being represented by a prominent lawyer and political donor to President Donald Trump’s 2016 Republican campaign.

Attorney Douglas Wigdor told The Associated Press he was not currently being paid for his work with Reade. His firm also denied there was a political motivation for his decision to represent Reade in her accusations against Trump’s presumptive Democratic opponent in the November election.

Over the weekend, another attorney, William Moran, told the AP he was working with Reade.

Moran, who works at a law firm in Columbia, Maryland, previously wrote and edited for Sputnik, a news agency founded and supported by the Russian state-owned media company Rossiya Segodnya. A January 2017 report released by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Russia’s interference in the 2016 campaign said Sputnik was part of “Russia’s state-run propaganda machine,” which “contributed to the influence campaign by serving as a platform for Kremlin messaging to Russian and international audiences.”

I'm not saying her claims are without merit on the basis of her counsel. But one might wonder, if she had a true and solid case, why she had to work so hard to find attorneys to aide her in taking down a "dementia addled" Biden who "democrats are looking for an excuse to jettison," having to resort to a former Russian propagandist!

ETA: Almost forgot about her recent love affair with Putin. Maybe that *does* explain her choice of lawyer.
    Last edited by DivineOb; 05-07-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Tara Reade's attorneys are a prominent Republican and a Russian propagandist.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Tara Reade, a former Senate staffer who alleged Joe Biden sexually assaulted her 27 years ago, is being represented by a prominent lawyer and political donor to President Donald Trump’s 2016 Republican campaign.

Attorney Douglas Wigdor told The Associated Press he was not currently being paid for his work with Reade. His firm also denied there was a political motivation for his decision to represent Reade in her accusations against Trump’s presumptive Democratic opponent in the November election.

Over the weekend, another attorney, William Moran, told the AP he was working with Reade.

Moran, who works at a law firm in Columbia, Maryland, previously wrote and edited for Sputnik, a news agency founded and supported by the Russian state-owned media company Rossiya Segodnya. A January 2017 report released by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Russia’s interference in the 2016 campaign said Sputnik was part of “Russia’s state-run propaganda machine,” which “contributed to the influence campaign by serving as a platform for Kremlin messaging to Russian and international audiences.”

I'm not saying her claims are without merit on the basis of her counsel. But one might wonder, if she had a true and solid case, why she had to work so hard to find attorneys to aide her in taking down a "dementia addled" Biden who "democrats are looking for an excuse to jettison," having to resort to a former Russian propagandist!

ETA: Almost forgot about her recent love affair with Putin. Maybe that *does* explain her choice of lawyer.
    Wigdor's used to defending sexual assault victims against prominent accusers, as per the examples in that article, so he seems like he'd be the kind of person for this job. As for The Russian Connections... So he recently worked as a Russian Propagandist and she was fangirling for Putin. And? Unless the people who bring these things up can sufficiently prove that it's why they're affiliated in this mess, they're just muckraking to incite the ire of the Anti-Russia types.

At the end of the day, if this is just some con game to make Biden drop out, it's kind of overkill. Unless the Democrats can pull a miracle out of their butts, I genuinely think that Trump's going to get a second term.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Wigdor's used to defending sexual assault victims against prominent accusers, as per the examples in that article, so he seems like he'd be the kind of person for this job.
    He also spoke in defense of Ms. Ford! Doesn't that throw his entire judgement into question?

As for The Russian Connections... So he recently worked as a Russian Propagandist and she was fangirling for Putin. And? Unless the people who bring these things up can sufficiently prove that it's why they're affiliated in this mess, they're just muckraking to incite the ire of the Anti-Russia types.
    One drop of Russian connection taints the person and everything they do. I haven't forgiven Obama for making light of Mitt Romney's (correct) answer during the debate and I don't see that changing ;).

At the end of the day, if this is just some con game to make Biden drop out, it's kind of overkill. Unless the Democrats can pull a miracle out of their butts, I genuinely think that Trump's going to get a second term.
    Take that up with the RWNJ masses then. That's all they're talking about these days ;).

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Tara Reade *just remembered* that Biden said "I want to [intercourse] you" during the alleged assault.

Details like that slip my mind *all the time*.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/07/tara-r...leged-assault/

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Tara Reade *just remembered* that Biden said "I want to [intercourse] you" during the alleged assault.

Details like that slip my mind *all the time*.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/07/tara-r...leged-assault/
    Funny how you angrily dismiss the New York Post as being RWNJ when they publish something you don't like but rely on them when it serves your purpose. And the article never said she "*just remembered*" but rather that she mentioned it while providing the "most graphic, detailed account yet."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

10. Amen Chaotic Void amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If you can find me significant voices in the MeToo movement advocating for taking accusations as true unless they can be disproven then I'll happily agree that they don't know what they're talking about.
    Where were you during the whole Kavanaugh fiasco?