Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden's #metoo moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    Not hypocritical at all.

Many women (so I've heard) just want the situation to go away which is why they don't report it at all. I have not heard it said that some women do report a less serious accusation. If you can show that to be the case then I'll admit that this cuts less against her credibility than I thought.
    She claims she "chickened out." I don't know, man, makes sense to me. She approaches the desk to file a complaint. They ask her what it's about. She gets cold feet, knowing that filing a complaint about being raped by a prominent senator will open a whole can of worms. So, at the last second, she makes a more mild complaint because if she doesn't make any complaint, she looks crazy just standing there with nothing to say. Since all we're doing is speculating, do you have any better arguments against that?

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
      She claims she "chickened out." I don't know, man, makes sense to me. She approaches the desk to file a complaint. They ask her what it's about. She gets cold feet, knowing that filing a complaint about being raped by a prominent senator will open a whole can of worms. So, at the last second, she makes a more mild complaint because if she doesn't make any complaint, she looks crazy just standing there with nothing to say. Since all we're doing is speculating, do you have any better arguments against that?
      Doesn't cut it, Reades story is all over the place. She told some witnesses one story and others a different story and many of those she claimed to have told things concerning Biden, deny her every telling them anything. She told multiple different stories as to why she left her job. She said that she felt forced out, that she left to pursue her first love, the arts, and then there was a third one but can't remember it of the top of my head. Bidens staff at the time deny's knowing anything about any of the many stories she's told about her time on Bidens staff. It's always possible it happened, and maybe the Senate secretary can find an harrassment charge of some sort, but considering Bidens history, the denials of his entire staff at the time, Reade's continually changing story, I highly doubt it happened.

Comment

I'm doing the opposite of speculating. I'm asking for evidence that something along the lines you are suggesting is any sort of reasonable possibility based on the typical patterns of behavior we see from assault victims. Is it impossible that your scenario played out? Yes (though still no because I doubt she would dictate the complaint to someone behind a counter. More likely she would get some sort of electronic or physical form and fill it out that way). But we don't decide whether to believe someone based solely on whether their story is impossible to be true or not. Just ask those in this thread who want to keep going after Ms. Ford whether that's the bar or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Doesn't cut it, Reades story is all over the place. She told some witnesses one story and others a different story and many of those she claimed to have told things concerning Biden, deny her every telling them anything. She told multiple different stories as to why she left her job. She said that she felt forced out, that she left to pursue her first love, the arts, and then there was a third one but can't remember it of the top of my head. Bidens staff at the time deny's knowing anything about any of the many stories she's told about her time on Bidens staff. It's always possible it happened, and maybe the Senate secretary can find an harrassment charge of some sort, but considering Bidens history, the denials of his entire staff at the time, Reade's continually changing story, I highly doubt it happened.
          Biden's history? You mean groping women and little girls we've got reams of video and photo evidence of

You're the biggest hypocritical clown of the bunch, JimL. And it's clear to everyone who sees your arguments here and in the Kavanaugh thread. It's just against my nature to take phonies like you serious.

Comment

Biden's history? You mean groping women and little girls we've got reams of video and photo evidence of

We do not have video evidence of Biden 'groping' by any definition of the term that would not put millions of American men in jail that are in fact good and upstanding fathers and grandfathers and who would never in a million years even consider 'groping' in it's actual sense.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You guys have no idea what is meant by groping. Groping is akin to what Trump admitted to, grabbing women by their private parts. We have reems of video of Trump hugging and kissing women and children as well, but somehow, in your mind, it's not groping when Trump does it. You're just an easy fish to catch, sean. Smarten up!
              You're the biggest hypocritical clown of the bunch, JimL. And it's clear to everyone who sees your arguments here and in the Kavanaugh thread. It's just against my nature to take phonies like you serious.
              Hmmm, I originally wrote something very mean here, but I thought twice and let it go.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                We do not have video evidence of Biden 'groping' by any definition of the term that would not put millions of American men in jail that are in fact good and upstanding fathers and grandfathers and who would never in a million years even consider 'groping' in it's actual sense.
                So you go around Walmart, randomly touching little girls and young women? If not, why not? I mean, you’re just being nice and friendly if you sniff some hair and stroke their face.
                Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 05-03-2020, 05:34 PM.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Your father and grandfathers were in the habit of sidling up to a female colleague or a young girl they barely knew, sliding his hands across her shoulders, cupping his hand around her side near her breast, sniffing her hair, and smooching the back of her head? You think this constitutes the behavior of a "good and upstanding" man?

If that's true, then I have questions about your family...

"Oh, don't worry, little darlin', I'm jus' bein' friendly. *wink wink*"

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You're veering towards JimL category of a political phony, Ox. I don't believe you really believe that, so stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Your father and grandfathers were in the habit of sidling up to a female colleague or a young girl they barely knew, sliding his hands across her shoulders, cupping his hand around her side near her breast, sniffing her hair, and smooching the back of her head? You think this constitutes the behavior of a "good and upstanding" man?

If that's true, then I have questions about your family...

"Oh, don't worry, little darlin', I'm jus' bein' friendly. *wink wink*"

We've discussed this before MM. I have not seen anything from biden that is necessarily 'creepy" as you guys put it. I've known many people, men and women, that were good people but affectionate with children. In this day and time, that would be much less likely to be tolerated or to be found, but not 20 or 30 years ago. Part of your offense is in effect a sad commentary on our world, that every touch has sexual meaning and there is no room for general compassion and affection for others not immediate members of our families.

So you can continue with your rather disgusting mockery of what I tend to believe are just the actions of a kind hearted man. And until and unless you can show real evidence of something perverse I will consider your comments evidence more of your own sickness than his.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Sparko, you're not that dumb. He said he didn't remember any complaint that Reade may have filed against him. And why would he remember a complaint being filed agaist him, if there was no complaint filed against him. He didn't say that he couldn't remember if the accussation was true, if it actually happened. His response to that question was NO, it never happened! not that he couldn't remember. Either brush up on the reading comprehension, or stop posting what you know to be false insinuations.
                        So if they do find a complaint, then that makes Biden a liar, right? And it means that we shouldn't trust him saying that it never happened, right?

If he didn't remember the complaint, what makes you think he would remember the incident? He can't remember what he had for breakfast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Rather, "You have no reason to see my tax returns because there are no credible accusations relevant to them."
                          Biden, "you have no reason to see my records because there are no credible accusations relevant in them"

Comment

We've discussed this before MM. I have not seen anything from biden that is necessarily 'creepy" as you guys put it. I've known many people, men and women, that were good people but affectionate with children. In this day and time, that would be much less likely to be tolerated or to be found, but not 20 or 30 years ago. Part of your offense is in effect a sad commentary on our world, that every touch has sexual meaning and there is no room for general compassion and affection for others not immediate members of our families.

So you can continue with your rather disgusting mockery of what I tend to believe are just the actions of a kind hearted man. And until and unless you can show real evidence of something perverse I will consider your comments evidence more of your own sickness than his.
                            Interesting because I was a little girl 30 years ago and don’t remember any older man stroking my face or sniffing my hair.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              Interesting because I was a little girl 30 years ago and don’t remember any older man stroking my face or sniffing my hair.
                              Or "accidentally" putting his hand on your chest...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1113805692773728258
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I have not seen anything from biden that is necessarily 'creepy" as you guys put it.
                                That's because you're either willfully blind, or you're jaded by your own personal experiences. Perhaps it's a mixture of both, but I'm telling you right now, this...

...is NOT okay. It is not innocent affection. These are not the actions of a 'kindhearted man". It wasn't acceptable 20 or 30-years ago, and it's not acceptable today. I wouldn't even touch my own daughter that way! And if I ever saw someone who did touch her like that, I'd punch him in the mouth without a second thought.

Then there are pictures like this:

Any man who touches a woman that way who isn't his wife deserves a good, hard slap across his face (I'm a little surprised Jill Biden didn't make him walk home after that). If anybody but I had ever touched my wife like that, she would have beat the crap out of him. And I'm not exaggerating.

I'm telling you, Jim, NONE of this is acceptable, and I can only wonder why you think it is.
                                Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-04-2020, 09:08 AM.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment