Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stop spreading garbage online conspiracy theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    Lawsuits are one indication of how common or egregious they are.

I think they're all pretty bad, and is why I'll reference a second source (when possible) on controversial news stories. But I almost never go to CNN at all for anything anymore. They're too tainted.
    I would not agree lawsuits say much of anything about the reliability of a news organization, though the number they lose due to actual factual errors might.

I do agree the cuomo thing was bad and seriously hurts the credibility of their reporting on this issue.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      I would not agree lawsuits say much of anything about the reliability of a news organization, though the number they lose due to actual factual errors might.

I do agree the cuomo thing was bad and seriously hurts the credibility of their reporting on this issue.
      They just got caught with their pants down spreading blatant falsehoods about a freaking kid, but that doesn't hurt their reliability on reporting information, no sirree Bob.
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
        They just got caught with their pants down spreading blatant falsehoods about a freaking kid, but that doesn't hurt their reliability on reporting information, no sirree Bob.
        :) most of you tolerate the equivalent - or worse - on a daily basis from the liar in chief and his state media, so while I agree what CNN did there was bad, you're indignation has no credibility.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

:) most of you tolerate the equivalent - or worse - on a daily basis from the liar in chief and his state media, so while I agree what CNN did there was bad, you're indignation has no credibility.
          Your TDS is showing again. You are the one who thinks Trump is a big liar while you endorse the big lies of CNN. Why the inconsistency?
          Last edited by mikewhitney; 05-01-2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
            How about the apparent lie over Chris Cuomo's 'quarantine'?

He's been several miles away from his house, yet CNN claimed to be showing footage of him just emerging from his basement - giving the (false) impression he'd been there the whole time.

“Here’s the very moment @ChrisCuomo emerged from his basement, where he’s been riding out coronavirus for the last several weeks,” CNN’s Cuomo Prime Time show tweeted ion Monday.
            Yeah, I had read something about that. CNN has become entertainment media, like a reality-TV show (which are mostly phony) or professional wrestling. That was my impression back when Jim Acosta decided he wanted to be a celebrity, to make himself the subject at presidential news briefings. Anderson Cooper preceded him at wanting stardom, and Don Lemon quickly followed suit.

Comment

Allow me to let you in on a little secret, chief...

I actually despise Trump and would like to see him gone. I just don't speak out as much because I don't want to be lumped in with the likes of you.

Comment

I actually despise Trump and would like to see him gone. I just don't speak out as much because I don't want to be lumped in with the likes of you.
                Understood. I would not wish the sort of daily 'walk of shame' that is foisted upon me on anyone.

Indeed when was the last time you had someone respond to you just so they could have an opportunity to tell you how much they and everyone else on the site despises you, like you did just now?

Comment

Understood. I would not wish the sort of daily 'walk of shame' that is foisted upon me on anyone.
                  ... and frankly, there are times when you- and every other Anti-Trumper who's done everything BUT what needs to be done to ACTUALLY get rid of the Giant Oompa Loompah- deserve it.

Indeed when was the last time you had someone respond to you just so they could have an opportunity to tell you how much they and everyone else on the site despises you, like you did just now?
                  Not often, simply because- ever since the 2016 election when the Presidential Candidate equivalent of The Joke Character won- most everyone seems to have shoved their collective heads up their collective cakeholes. Which kinda takes the fun and edification out of discussion or even simply witty banter.

ETA: But you know what? Sometimes you get so exasperated by your own Village Idiots you just have to call them out ahead of time.
                  Last edited by Chaotic Void; 05-01-2020, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    Your TDS is showing again. You are the one who thinks Trump is a big liar while you endorse the big lies of CNN. Why the inconsistency?
                    Orange Man Bad.

CNN hate Orange Man.

Therefore CNN lies are okay.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There are a number of posters here that have made it clear that they don't like Trump and would like to see him gone but the over-the-top constant attacks on him have pushed them into defending him. is just one example of this that springs to mind.

I've noted several times how Trump is truly blessed by the very nature of his enemies.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        There are a number of posters here that have made it clear that they don't like Trump and would like to see him gone but the over-the-top constant attacks on him have pushed them into defending him. is just one example of this that springs to mind.

I've noted several times how Trump is truly blessed by the very nature of his enemies.
                        Precisely. There are literally two things they need to do in order to get rid of the Cheeto-Caked Halfwit. But, for some positively unfathomable reason, they refuse to do them.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Make that three. I don’t like Trump much at all and only (in a hold your nose sort of way) picked him because he was the second worse choice in history, running against the worse choice, in history. While he has done better than I expected (which was a pretty low bar), he truly is blessed by his enemies because their extreme over the top reactions have pretty much made middle or slightly right people, more likely to support him. In fact, I think most Twebbers fit into the ‘wish there was a better choice’ camp.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            Make that three. I don’t like Trump much at all and only (in a hold your nose sort of way) picked him because he was the second worse choice in history, running against the worse choice, in history. While he has done better than I expected (which was a pretty low bar), he truly is blessed by his enemies because their extreme over the top reactions have pretty much made middle or slightly right people, more likely to support him. In fact, I think most Twebbers fit into the ‘wish there was a better choice’ camp.
                            I was in the Anybody But Trump camp and made it clear that I would not vote for him but would vote against Hillary (and if my state wasn't actually up for grabs I wouldn't have even done that). I even repeatedly cautioned against repeatedly making crap up to attack him over since he usually supplies plenty of legitimate ammo.

Comment

Precisely. There are literally two things they need to do in order to get rid of the Cheeto-Caked Halfwit. But, for some positively unfathomable reason, they refuse to do them.
                              Found this article that sums up things nicely. Babylon Bee is getting a little too accurate for my tastes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                                Found this article that sums up things nicely. Babylon Bee is getting a little too accurate for my tastes.
                                Pretty much. I'm a Libertarian, borderline Anarcho-Capitalist, and I can't stand him. But his opposition has crapped the bed so hard that I want to Socially Distance myself from them just on principle.

Comment