Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stop spreading garbage online conspiracy theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Pretty much. I'm a Libertarian, borderline Anarcho-Capitalist, and I can't stand him. But his opposition has crapped the bed so hard that I want to Socially Distance myself from them just on principle.
    I couldn't have stated it better.

Comment

Pretty much. I'm a Libertarian, borderline Anarcho-Capitalist, and I can't stand him. But his opposition has crapped the bed so hard that I want to Socially Distance myself from them just on principle.
      I'm a small "l" libertarian and on a personal level would much rather have a few beers with Bill Clinton than even be in the same room as Trump. Having said that, I think that Trump has done a considerably better job as president than I ever expected[1] -- especially considering all the time he had to spend fighting a painfully obvious bogus collusion investigation and an equally fraudulent impeachment.

1. Of course I predicted he would be a complete failure due in no small part to having nearly no support among his own party's leadership

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

... and frankly, there are times when you- and every other Anti-Trumper who's done everything BUT what needs to be done to ACTUALLY get rid of the Giant Oompa Loompah- deserve it.

Not often, simply because- ever since the 2016 election when the Presidential Candidate equivalent of The Joke Character won- most everyone seems to have shoved their collective heads up their collective cakeholes. Which kinda takes the fun and edification out of discussion or even simply witty banter.

ETA: But you know what? Sometimes you get so exasperated by your own Village Idiots you just have to call them out ahead of time.
        Your hatred is noted. I will forgive you that.

May God not hold it against you.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Your hatred is noted. I will forgive you that.

May God not hold it against you.
          Hey, even the Son of God had to take the whip to his own Village Idiots (the Pharisees) and call them all sorts of colorful names that would make George Carlin blush. And even the Apostle Paul became so sick of his own Village Idiots he had to tell them to castrate themselves. ETA: You what they say about hating evil and clinging to what is good.

I will give an account for my actions in the next life, come what may. I hope you have enough chutzpah to do the same, without some half-cocked rationalization for what dumbass is currently in your Oval Office.
          Last edited by Chaotic Void; 05-01-2020, 02:11 PM.
          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            Your TDS is showing again. You are the one who thinks Trump is a big liar while you endorse the big lies of CNN. Why the inconsistency?
            Where is the inconsistency in acknowledging that what CNN did with the kid was wrong and that the Cuomo melo-drama was wrong?

Do you really believe that saying CNN is a legitimate news organization is 'endorsing CNN', especially when I have specifically said they were wrong? You (and others) are acting like I'm claiming they've never made a mistake. Well actually, most of you are acting like CNN is the 'great harlot' herself and I just announced I was going the marry her.
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-01-2020, 02:25 PM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              I have not endorsed any lies. I said what CNN did with the kid was wrong. I said the Cuomo melo-drama was wrong. I have not defended them in those events as Trump is often defended in his lies.

But That apparently isn't good enough - is it?

Many have criticized me for supposedly demanding hatred of Trump from others - which I have never done. But look what is happening here - 5 of you are now simultaneously demanding I express seething hatred for the entirety of CNN - which is a news organization with many different reporters that functions with both a legitimate press arm and a news entertainment arm with hour long opinion/talk shows.
              At the very least you sure came awfully darn close when you essentially justified their bizarre claims that the reason that Trump brought up hydroxychloroquine was because he would personally profit from its use.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I was in the Anybody But Trump camp and made it clear that I would not vote for him but would vote against Hillary (and if my state wasn't actually up for grabs I wouldn't have even done that). I even repeatedly cautioned against repeatedly making crap up to attack him over since he usually supplies plenty of legitimate ammo.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  At the very least you sure came awfully darn close when you essentially justified their bizarre claims that the reason that Trump brought up hydroxychloroquine was because he would personally profit from its use.
                  Uh - no. You said that idea was absurd. I countered and said it was quite possible the reason Trump was pushing that medicine was related to his stock holdings, given his proven capacity to care only about himself. I was simply saying it's not absurd at all in terms of who trump is as a person.

However, It is all over the internet (forbes, WPO, vox etc) that this is extremely unlikely to be the actual motivation. So - do you have actual links that show CNN itself pushing this as 'the reason' behind Trump's pushing the use of the drug? I can't seem to find it.

What this seems to be is a case of a story in the NYT - that brought up the issue but also noted how small his investment was - being picked up by various left leaning pundits who left out just how small that investment actually was.

And I do not endorse that sort of distortion of the facts - regardless of who did it, or regardless of which side of the tracks it hails from.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-01-2020, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• If Democrats REALLY wanted to go after Trump, it should be on the drone issue. Droning civilians in the Middle East - who are often innocents - just creates more terrorists. Program started by George W Bush, increased by Barack Obama, and gone underground by Donald Trump. He'd like people to think he has stepped back from the drone program but all he's done is buried the accounting of it. The numbers have to be buried or else the innocent casualties would be categorized.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47480207

Of course, there are so many hawks among Democrats that they don't want to pursue this REAL issue. It would mean they'd have to halt it once they got into power again, and they don't want to do that. The military industrial complex just loves making and using weapons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                      If Democrats REALLY wanted to go after Trump, it should be on the drone issue. Droning civilians in the Middle East - who are often innocents - just creates more terrorists. Program started by George W Bush, increased by Barack Obama, and gone underground by Donald Trump. He'd like people to think he has stepped back from the drone program but all he's done is buried the accounting of it. The numbers have to be buried or else the innocent casualties would be categorized.

Of course, there are so many hawks among Democrats that they don't want to pursue this REAL issue. It would mean they'd have to halt it once they got into power again, and they don't want to do that. The military industrial complex just loves making and using weapons.
                      I imagine if a Democrat became President next term, the US of A would have the same problem they did with Obama: The Anti-War crowd would find their sorry backsides on the side of a milk carton, the same place Smaller Government types go when the Reps have a guy in charge.

Comment

I imagine if a Democrat became President next term, the US of A would have the same problem they did with Obama: The Anti-War crowd would find their sorry backsides on the side of a milk carton, the same place Smaller Government types go when the Reps have a guy in charge.
                        And is why many libertarian conservatives found interest in Tulsi Gabbard. Certainly not because of her domestic ideas, but because she wanted to put a end to this insanity.

Comment

And is why many libertarian conservatives found interest in Tulsi Gabbard. Certainly not because of her domestic ideas, but because she wanted to put a end to this insanity.
                          EXACTLY! I know she ousted herself as a 9/11 Truther, but despite that she was by far one of the best Democrat candidates (the fact she roasted Kamala Harris was magical). I suspect she's playing The Long Game and waiting till 2024 once this mess blows over, but she was a stellar candidate... especially compared to the Dirty Old White Dude and the Champagne Communist
                          Last edited by Chaotic Void; 05-01-2020, 03:06 PM.

Comment

If Democrats REALLY wanted to go after Trump, it should be on the drone issue. Droning civilians in the Middle East - who are often innocents - just creates more terrorists. Program started by George W Bush, increased by Barack Obama, and gone underground by Donald Trump. He'd like people to think he has stepped back from the drone program but all he's done is buried the accounting of it. The numbers have to be buried or else the innocent casualties would be categorized.

Just like Obama closing Gitmo?

Comment

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment