Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What do Dems Have Besides Doom and Gloom?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

What do Dems Have Besides Doom and Gloom?

We've seen some Dems actually express hope that the economy will crash, "because Trump".... and we see the doom and gloom over the current Covid crisis "because Trump", which, by the way, seems to have sucked all the oxygen out of Climate Change...

In fact, it seems to be a major focus right now to see the absolute darkest side of Covid, and poo-poo any hope. (With the notable exception of the esteemed JimL who started a thread that seems to hit at hope)

I'm just curious - what do the Dems have to campaign on in the upcoming election besides doom and gloom?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It will be a challenge when Joe Biden is let loose.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    We've seen some Dems actually express hope that the economy will crash, "because Trump".... and we see the doom and gloom over the current Covid crisis "because Trump", which, by the way, seems to have sucked all the oxygen out of Climate Change...

In fact, it seems to be a major focus right now to see the absolute darkest side of Covid, and poo-poo any hope. (With the notable exception of the esteemed JimL who started a thread that seems to hit at hope)

I'm just curious - what do the Dems have to campaign on in the upcoming election besides doom and gloom?
    Any sources to support your claims?
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Any sources to support your claims?
    Yes.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes.
    And yet you have provided none. Why?
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    They need a savior!

As Biden struggles, Hillary waits for the call

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...s-for-the-call
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I don't want to turn this into a discussion on Biden, but I think one line of thought here is the idea of stable leadership. I don't think it's controversial to say that Trump's statements on COVID-19 have been all over the place. He's constantly been contradicting himself, his "liberate various states" tweets were actually calls to protests guidelines recommended by his own administration. He and Pence haven't been demonstrating leadership; they haven't seemed to have been leading by example by following social distancing guidelines on camera (and Pence refusing to wear a mask at the Mayo clinic the other day showed a poor example, even if he was confident he hadn't been exposed).

Steady leadership is something that can be campaigned on. Biden has made a number of weird statements, but he at least doesn't have the habit of contradicting himself every five minutes, and that's something to build on.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Putting the whole Trump nightmare behind you and undoing some of the damage done to your country and its image seem pretty positive...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Rush Limbaugh has often observed that he's yet to meet a liberal who is genuinely happy and satisfied with his life.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Rush Limbaugh has often observed that he's yet to meet a liberal who is genuinely happy and satisfied with his life.
    John Stuart Mill:

“It is indisputable that the being whose capacities of enjoyment are low, has the greatest chance of having them fully satisfied; and a highly endowed being will always feel that any happiness which he can look for, as the world is constituted, is imperfect. But he can learn to bear its imperfections, if they are at all bearable; and they will not make him envy the being who is indeed unconscious of the imperfections, but only because he feels not at all the good which those imperfections qualify.

It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied. And if the fool, or the pig, is of a different opinion, it is only because they only know their own side of the question.” https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/790...s-of-enjoyment