Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What do Dems Have Besides Doom and Gloom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do Dems Have Besides Doom and Gloom?

We've seen some Dems actually express hope that the economy will crash, "because Trump".... and we see the doom and gloom over the current Covid crisis "because Trump", which, by the way, seems to have sucked all the oxygen out of Climate Change...

In fact, it seems to be a major focus right now to see the absolute darkest side of Covid, and poo-poo any hope. (With the notable exception of the esteemed JimL who started a thread that seems to hit at hope)

I'm just curious - what do the Dems have to campaign on in the upcoming election besides doom and gloom?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

It will be a challenge when Joe Biden is let loose.
    When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      We've seen some Dems actually express hope that the economy will crash, "because Trump".... and we see the doom and gloom over the current Covid crisis "because Trump", which, by the way, seems to have sucked all the oxygen out of Climate Change...

In fact, it seems to be a major focus right now to see the absolute darkest side of Covid, and poo-poo any hope. (With the notable exception of the esteemed JimL who started a thread that seems to hit at hope)

I'm just curious - what do the Dems have to campaign on in the upcoming election besides doom and gloom?
      Any sources to support your claims?
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        Any sources to support your claims?
        Yes.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes.
          And yet you have provided none. Why?
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

They need a savior!

As Biden struggles, Hillary waits for the call

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...s-for-the-call
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I don't want to turn this into a discussion on Biden, but I think one line of thought here is the idea of stable leadership. I don't think it's controversial to say that Trump's statements on COVID-19 have been all over the place. He's constantly been contradicting himself, his "liberate various states" tweets were actually calls to protests guidelines recommended by his own administration. He and Pence haven't been demonstrating leadership; they haven't seemed to have been leading by example by following social distancing guidelines on camera (and Pence refusing to wear a mask at the Mayo clinic the other day showed a poor example, even if he was confident he hadn't been exposed).

Steady leadership is something that can be campaigned on. Biden has made a number of weird statements, but he at least doesn't have the habit of contradicting himself every five minutes, and that's something to build on.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Putting the whole Trump nightmare behind you and undoing some of the damage done to your country and its image seem pretty positive...

Comment

Rush Limbaugh has often observed that he's yet to meet a liberal who is genuinely happy and satisfied with his life.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Rush Limbaugh has often observed that he's yet to meet a liberal who is genuinely happy and satisfied with his life.
                    John Stuart Mill:

“It is indisputable that the being whose capacities of enjoyment are low, has the greatest chance of having them fully satisfied; and a highly endowed being will always feel that any happiness which he can look for, as the world is constituted, is imperfect. But he can learn to bear its imperfections, if they are at all bearable; and they will not make him envy the being who is indeed unconscious of the imperfections, but only because he feels not at all the good which those imperfections qualify.

It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied. And if the fool, or the pig, is of a different opinion, it is only because they only know their own side of the question.” https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/790...s-of-enjoyment

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                      John Stuart Mill:
                      Sounds like typical humanist sophistry to rationalize a dissatisfied life.

"I came that you may have life and have it abundantly."
                      -Jesus
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Sounds like typical humanist sophistry to rationalize a dissatisfied life.

"I came that you may have life and have it abundantly."
                        -Jesus
                        Sound like typical indoctrinated repeating of unsupported claims with no reasoning at all to support it. It actually reminded me of Mill again: "And if the fool, or the pig, is of a different opinion, it is only because they only know their own side of the question."

That is not to say others could not have supported the statement or that others could not have reasons to believe what Jesus said. It is only to say that you seem perfectly happy to provide none at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          And yet you have provided none. Why?
                          You simply asked if I had sources to support my claims. I answered!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            I don't want to turn this into a discussion on Biden, but I think one line of thought here is the idea of stable leadership. I don't think it's controversial to say that Trump's statements on COVID-19 have been all over the place. He's constantly been contradicting himself, his "liberate various states" tweets were actually calls to protests guidelines recommended by his own administration. He and Pence haven't been demonstrating leadership; they haven't seemed to have been leading by example by following social distancing guidelines on camera (and Pence refusing to wear a mask at the Mayo clinic the other day showed a poor example, even if he was confident he hadn't been exposed).

Steady leadership is something that can be campaigned on. Biden has made a number of weird statements, but he at least doesn't have the habit of contradicting himself every five minutes, and that's something to build on.
                            OK, so your answer is basically "steady leadership" in comparison to Trump, yes?

While that's a legitimate answer, is there anything else, like "Vote for me because...."

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                              Putting the whole Trump nightmare behind you and undoing some of the damage done to your country and its image seem pretty positive...
                              So, pretty much another "I'm not Trump"? Anything else?

Comment