Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

NEW Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany is Barbie pretty,but mirrors Trump's dishonesty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany is Barbie pretty,but mirrors Trump's dishonesty

She told a big one saying Trump does not lie.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/politics/kayleigh-mcenany-new-white-house-press-secretary/index.html

Fact check: New White House press secretary makes false claims in first briefing
    By Daniel Dale, Marshall Cohen and Tara Updated 8:36 PM ET, Fri May Subramaniam, CNN

McEnany proceeded to say a bunch of things that weren't true.
    Whether they were deliberate lies or inadvertent false claims, we can't be certain; since it was her first time at the podium after being hired in April, we'll be generous in our choice of words. Regardless of her intentions, though, her comments were laden with inaccuracies.

McEnany misquoted an FBI agent's written comment about former national security adviser Michael Flynn. She mischaracterized a Friday tweet by President Donald Trump about protesters in Michigan. She gave an inflated figure for the cost of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation. And she said Mueller offered a "complete and total exoneration" of the President, something Mueller explicitly said he was not doing.

McEnany also added confusion to an already-confusing situation surrounding the President's statements about whether the coronavirus originated in a Chinese laboratory.

© Copyright Original Source

The list of lies is too long to post in this post, but more may be cited.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-02-2020, 05:53 PM.

It is funny that you use CNN as a source for dishonesty. CNN could report on itself all day for that

Comment

Trying to shame a woman because she's attractive? I thought liberals were above that sort of thing.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Trying to shame a woman because she's attractive? I thought liberals were above that sort of thing.
        I am shaming her for being a habitual liar like Trump

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          NEW Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany is Barbie pretty,but mirrors Trump's dishonesty.
          You think so? I think she looks like a blonde version of this actress. Ileana Douglas Ehh.

220px-Ileana_Douglas_cropped.jpg
          image.jpg
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Ronson; 05-02-2020, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I did not hear any of her presser. Honestly, I was surprised by their choosing her. As a guest on Fox News, I always found her rather a bland and middling advocate for Republicans and conservatism.

As to her appearance, I think she has been very well served by the hair and makeup people provided by the WH. She now looks *much* better now than she ever did on FNC.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Next time you might want to read it a bit more carefully in order not to miss important words like "but". Look at the sentence again:

NEW Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany is Barbie pretty,but mirrors Trump's dishonesty
              The problem is what comes after "but".

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                Next time you might want to read it a bit more carefully in order not to miss important words like "but". Look at the sentence again:

The problem is what comes after "but".
                Why even bring up her appearance?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Because we're superficial and a bit carnal, but also because TV is a *visual* medium.

I and several others among my Facebook Friends (of both sexes) have noticed that some of the newsbabes on Fox News have suffered a bit from lack of access to their usual hair and makeup people during the lockdown.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Not the most important issue, but the tendency of Trump to appoint Barbie Dolls, and not based on competence, honesty and integrity

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                      It is funny that you use CNN as a source for dishonesty. CNN could report on itself all day for that
                      Not funny at all. The reference to her lies are well documented.

Comment

Not the most important issue, but the tendency of Trump to appoint Barbie Dolls, and not based on competence, honesty and integrity
                        And at this point neither you or Chuck can pretend you weren't trying to shame her because she's attractive.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And at this point neither you or Chuck can pretend you weren't trying to shame her because she's attractive.
                          Pleas address the main issue: "Liar liar pants on fire!" Your playing the three stooges: Duck, Bob and Weave!

Are you now going to resort to cartoons since you will not response to the lies.
                          Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-03-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

She told a big one saying Trump does not lie.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/politics/kayleigh-mcenany-new-white-house-press-secretary/index.html

Fact check: New White House press secretary makes false claims in first briefing
                            By Daniel Dale, Marshall Cohen and Tara Updated 8:36 PM ET, Fri May Subramaniam, CNN

McEnany proceeded to say a bunch of things that weren't true.
                            Whether they were deliberate lies or inadvertent false claims, we can't be certain; since it was her first time at the podium after being hired in April, we'll be generous in our choice of words. Regardless of her intentions, though, her comments were laden with inaccuracies.

McEnany misquoted an FBI agent's written comment about former national security adviser Michael Flynn. She mischaracterized a Friday tweet by President Donald Trump about protesters in Michigan. She gave an inflated figure for the cost of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation. And she said Mueller offered a "complete and total exoneration" of the President, something Mueller explicitly said he was not doing.

McEnany also added confusion to an already-confusing situation surrounding the President's statements about whether the coronavirus originated in a Chinese laboratory.

The list of lies is too long to post in this post, but more may be cited.
                            Your link doesn't have the text you quote above.
                            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                              Your link doesn't have the text you quote above.
                              I apologize I may have posted the wrong link:

Source: url

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/01/politics/mcenany-first-briefing-fact-check-may-1/index.html]

(CNN)The White House's communications staff got a shakeup Tuesday with the announcement that Kayleigh McEnany, the Trump 2020 campaign's press secretary and high-profile Republican communicator, is joining the team as the Trump administration's fourth White House press secretary.

McEnany comes to the role with a bevy of Republican communications and television experience, beginning with an internship during the 2004 Bush-Cheney campaign, where she worked as an intern at a Tampa field office as a high school student. From there, she held internships at a gubernatorial campaign and with a Florida congressman.
                              A 2010 Georgetown University graduate, McEnany earned a law degree from Harvard University, and began a media career in production at Fox News.

Like others in the administration, including President Donald Trump, she has made past controversial comments, such as stoking the "birther" conspiracy theory regarding then-President Barack Obama's citizenship in 2012 with two tweets appearing to make light of the racist attack.

"How I Met Your Brother -- Never mind, forgot he's still in that hut in Kenya. #ObamaTVShows," she posted.

And in another: "Birth certificates and college transcripts #ThingsThatEnrageDemocrats"
                              McEnany rose to prominence -- and also captured then-candidate Trump's attention -- during the 2016 presidential election, when she was frequently on air as a paid CNN political commentator.

The role of a pundit, she said, gave her a voice that she hadn't previously found working in politics.

"There's a lot of political calculus that goes into decision making, every campaign and primary is trying to position themselves one place or another ideologically. But I've always been someone who, I just like to speak my mind and I like to say what I believe and media gives you that freedom to -- you don't feel like you have to say what someone wants to hear, you can say what you think and what you believe. And one of the reasons I think Donald Trump was so successful is taking that attribute of what I find in media to politics," she told Georgetown University's "Fly on the Wall" podcast in 2018.

Longer post of lies:The fact check reference for the lies is here: https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/01/polit...y-1/index.html
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-03-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment