Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

CDC Situation Update, New Projections in Internal Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
    The Coronavirus Outbreak
    We are providing free access to the most important news and useful guidance on the coronavirus outbreak to help readers understand the pandemic. Log in or create an account to read all of the articles on this page.

Coronavirus
    Note to readers
    The Washington Post is providing our daily live updates, comprehensive guide to the pandemic and our Coronavirus Updates newsletter for free, so that all readers have access to this important information about the coronavirus pandemic
    OK the WP is showing up now, but the NYT is still giving me a block unless I create an account, which I am not going to do.

But the WP article does say that the information is not official and was unfinished. Reading it, it seems fair and balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I am using the information that the White House has released in their response.
      Everything from the White House ends with .gov, and their responses show up in the mainstream articles, because that's what real journalists do. And they check statements from government officials, because that's also what real journalists do.

There's no hint of that in your article, no comparison to other models, no comparison to other models used by the administration, no interviews with scientists, and when, elsewhere, they do cite the scientist behind the model, the information was scavenged from mainstream reporting. Everything is scavenged. This is yet another home for unscuffed shoes calling themselves journalists.

Just for grins, turn off your ad-blocker next time you visit and count the ads.

Yeah.

Where is their money coming from?

Who are these people?
      John Solomon
      EDITOR IN CHIEF
      John Solomon is an award-winning investigative journalist, author and digital media entrepreneur who serves as Chief Executive Officer and Editor in Chief of Just the News.

Just the News is the site John Solomon built as a new home after getting booted from The Hill for pushing Russian agitprop. And no, whatever urge you feel to whine about having it pointed out, resist. Your first job when looking at a news source is to vet it. Because if you don't, when others do, the egg on your face belongs to you.

Comment

OK the WP is showing up now, but the NYT is still giving me a block unless I create an account, which I am not going to do.
        https://10minutemail.com/

But the WP article does say that the information is not official and was unfinished. Reading it, it seems fair and balanced.
        Good on you.

Comment

Everything from the White House ends with .gov, and their responses show up in the mainstream articles, because that's what real journalists do. And they check statements from government officials, because that's also what real journalists do.

There's no hint of that in your article, no comparison to other models, no comparison to other models used by the administration, no interviews with scientists, and when, elsewhere, they do cite the scientist behind the model, the information was scavenged from mainstream reporting. Everything is scavenged. This is yet another home for unscuffed shoes calling themselves journalists.

Yeah.

Where is their money coming from?

Who are these people?
          John Solomon
          EDITOR IN CHIEF
          John Solomon is an award-winning investigative journalist, author and digital media entrepreneur who serves as Chief Executive Officer and Editor in Chief of Just the News.

Just the News is the site John Solomon built as a new home after getting booted from The Hill for pushing Russian agitprop. And no, whatever urge you feel to whine about having it pointed out, resist. Your first job when looking at a news source is to vet it. Because if you don't, when others do, the egg on your face belongs to you.
          Ah more ad hom. I saw the same information on live TV, this was just a convenient source to link you to, which quoted the same material I heard.
          --
          "This data is not reflective of any of the modeling done by the Coronavirus Task Force or data that the task force has analyzed," deputy press secretary Judd Deere said in a statement.

"The President’s phased guidelines to open up America again are a scientific driven approach that the top health and infectious disease experts in the federal government agreed with," Deere said. "The health of the American people remains President Trump’s top priority and that will continue as we monitor the efforts by states to ease restrictions.”
          https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...deaths-by-june
          https://www.wcbi.com/projections-of-...searchers-say/

Comment

The only difference between independent outlets and MSM outlets in this regard is that MSM outlets don't need to make any money because they are paid propaganda outlets for billionaire corporate overlords like Bezos and Slim.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Ah more ad hom. I saw the same information on live TV, this was just a convenient source to link you to, which quoted the same material I heard.
              Detailed criticism doesn't magically become ad hom because you can't be bothered to read it, and repeating a citation I've already said I've seen in mainstream media days before it was scavenged by that shady Solomon rag doesn't add anything except more evidence you can't be bothered to read.

Which means it adds nothing.

Because we already knew that.

Comment

Detailed criticism doesn't magically become ad hom because you can't be bothered to read it, and repeating a citation I've already said I've seen in mainstream media days before it was scavenged by that shady Solomon rag doesn't add anything except more evidence you can't be bothered to read.

Which means it adds nothing.

Because we already knew that.
                Except you just dismissed the facts in the article merely because of the source. That is ad hom. You do that a lot. Don't you dislike it when people dismiss your sources because "it's the lying New York Times!" rather than actually addressing the contents of the article? You seem to be very upset that I didn't read your NYT article for instance. Even though my reason was that it was behind a paywall.

Comment

Except you just dismissed the facts in the article merely because of the source. That is ad hom. You do that a lot. Don't you dislike it when people dismiss your sources because "it's the lying New York Times!" rather than actually addressing the contents of the article? You seem to be very upset that I didn't read your NYT article for instance. Even though my reason was that it was behind a paywall.
                  Tip: you can sometimes get around the firewall by typing the link into archive.org's wayback machine. The article may have to be a few days old

Comment

What were my actual objections?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X