Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rick Bright-top vaccine scientist files whistleblower complaint against the dictator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Bright-top vaccine scientist files whistleblower complaint against the dictator!

This is what happens when one dares speak truth to the wannabe dictator. Bright releases 89 page damning complaint and is scheduled to testify before congress on May 14th..

http://www.wrvo.org/post/rick-bright...ower-complaint

Complete complaint attached.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/
    Last edited by JimL; 05-05-2020, 04:24 PM.

At the time of his removal, Bright said he had been moved from his post because of his "insistence" that the government spend funds on "safe and scientifically vetted solutions"
    what is considered to be "safe and scientifically vetted solutions"?

I definitely agree that it has been a bad decision to make these multibillion dollar grants to make a vaccine for a coronavirus when attempts at coronavirus vaccines have historically been failures.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 05-05-2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

First of all, I want to congratulate you on your incredibly unbiased reporting, particularly the title of your OP, and absolutely factual information.

Except, of course, that it's 57 pages, not 89. 63 if you include definitions of Acronyms and references.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        First of all, I want to congratulate you on your incredibly unbiased reporting, particularly the title of your OP, and absolutely factual information.
        You're well aware of what I think of Trump, CP.
        Except, of course, that it's 57 pages, not 89. 63 if you include definitions of Acronyms and references.
        Not that it makes a big difference, CP, but thanks for the correction.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          You're well aware of what I think of Trump, CP.
          And I don't really expect you to try not to look so incredibly petty.

Not that it makes a big difference, CP, but thanks for the correction.
          Yeah, heck, the truth doesn't matter when you're in an all out hatefest.

This is what's wrong with you hate-filled fanatics --- there's PLENTY to find fault with Trump without distorting things or making things up. Just try telling the TRUTH!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is what happens when one dares speak truth to the wannabe dictator. Bright releases 89 page damning complaint and is scheduled to testify before congress on May 14th..

I saw that and was inclined to start a thread, but left it for others to put up

This is an example of the Trump administration trying to silence truth, get rid of those that would dare to put the country or the truth above what Donald Trump wants to hear. It is paralleled by the dismissal of Christie Grimm for reporting on shortcomings galore in the COVID-19 reponse:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ical-shortages

Source: above

President Trump is moving to replace the Department of Health and Human Services watchdog whose office found severe shortages of medical supplies in hospitals as COVID-19 cases surged.

In a Friday night announcement, the White House named Jason Weida as its nominee to take the permanent inspector general post currently occupied by Christi Grimm, who's been in that role in an acting capacity since January.

A longtime staffer with Health and Human Services, Grimm was leading the inspector general's office in April when it issued a report chronicling testing delays — up to seven days in some cases — as well as severe shortages of supplies in hospitals amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

"Hospitals reported that they were unable to keep up with COVID-19 testing demands because they lacked complete kits and/or the individual components and supplies needed to complete tests," the survey of 323 hospitals found. "When patient stays were extended while awaiting test results, this strained bed availability, personal protective equipment (PPE) supplies, and staffing."

© Copyright Original Source

This president routinely dismisses people that put the country above him. And many of the GOP supporting people here on TWEB think there is something wrong with being concerned about that. Why should we be concerned about a president that punishes every truth teller and demands loyalty to himself over the good of the country? What could possibly be concerning about that?
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-05-2020, 04:51 PM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              And I don't really expect you to try not to look so incredibly petty.
              Calling out Trump for what he is, whether you can see it or not, is not being petty.

Yeah, heck, the truth doesn't matter when you're in an all out hatefest.
              Please excuse me for getting the number of pages wrong, CP.
              This is what's wrong with you hate-filled fanatics --- there's PLENTY to find fault with Trump without distorting things or making things up. Just try telling the TRUTH!
              What are you accusing me of lying about, CP?

Comment

As the late Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, the rest of the story..."

Dr. Rick Bright, the vaccine expert who claims he was ousted from his former position in the administration because of his opposition to the promotion of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for coronavirus, was already going to lose his job months before, according to information released on Twitter by Politico reporter Dan Diamond. [...] Diamond revealed a text message Wednesday, which he received Jan. 2, about Bright’s imminent removal from BARDA for “incompetence and insubordination.” That was months before hydroxychloroquine became a topic of debate.

Diamond later reported that in internal emails, Dr. Bright had praised the administration’s acquisition of the drug...

Freelance journalist Jeryl Bier provided a letter from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) referring to a request from Dr. Bright for an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for hydroxychloroquine and related compounds for treatment...

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...subordination/
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  As the late Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, the rest of the story..."

Dr. Rick Bright, the vaccine expert who claims he was ousted from his former position in the administration because of his opposition to the promotion of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for coronavirus, was already going to lose his job months before, according to information released on Twitter by Politico reporter Dan Diamond. [...] Diamond revealed a text message Wednesday, which he received Jan. 2, about Bright’s imminent removal from BARDA for “incompetence and insubordination.” That was months before hydroxychloroquine became a topic of debate.

Diamond later reported that in internal emails, Dr. Bright had praised the administration’s acquisition of the drug...

Freelance journalist Jeryl Bier provided a letter from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) referring to a request from Dr. Bright for an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for hydroxychloroquine and related compounds for treatment...

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...subordination/
                  Why was I not surprised this came from beitbart

Hopefully Bright is well aware of the fact that the Foxes and Breitbarts of the world will be looking for ways to smear him into the mud, anything and everything will be used and whatever context is necessary to fully understand whatever they 'find' will be stripped.

Truth tellers can not be tolerated by Trump or his supporters.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Fantastic!
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      Why was I not surprised this came from beitbart

Hopefully Bright is well aware of the fact that the Foxes and Breitbarts of the world will be looking for ways to smear him into the mud, anything and everything will be used and whatever context is necessary to fully understand whatever they 'find' will be stripped.

Truth tellers can not be tolerated by Trump or his supporters.
                      But you did nothing to present evidence against the evidence presented in the article. You just ad hom(med) -- "Eww, Breibart bad," then scoffed. Based on email evidence presented in the article, that isn't at all why Trump ousted Rick Bright, and it looks like Bright is using the hot button topic hydroxychloroquine as an attempt to make it a media spectacle.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        But you did nothing to present evidence against the evidence presented in the article. You just ad hom(med) -- "Eww, Breibart bad," then scoffed. Based on email evidence presented in the article, that isn't at all why Trump ousted Rick Bright, and it looks like Bright is using the hot button topic hydroxychloroquine as an attempt to make it a media spectacle.
                        If you actually read the complaint you'll see that the reason he gives for his firng has much more to do with other things than just his hydroxychloroquine stance.

Comment

Yeah - I did. Breitbart is the equivalent of Answers in Genesis when it comes to news, with the exception that with AIG, I have objective science I know and can present as a counter. Since breitbart makes stuff up or otherwise distorts the facts surrounding substantially less objective subject matter, I often don't have the time or desire to chase it all down. So I focussed on what this article is in terms of the general genre of Trump supporting media, as opposed to the actual content of the article. And that is:

Because Bright has highlighted a failing of the Trump administration, Bright will be subject to merciless attacks from the foxes and the breightbart of the world, and they will stop at nothing to tear him down. That is what they do. And I hope Bright was fully prepared for the onslaught that is to come, of which this article is only the first salvo.

Now, had it been Fox, I would have read the article at least. As I've said before, in spite of their Trump leaning bias, they still qualify as a legitimate news outlet, unlike Breitbart, and I will read what they write.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-05-2020, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            Yeah - I did. Breitbart is the equivalent of Answers in Genesis when it comes to news, with the exception that with AIG, I have objective science I know and can present as a counter. Since breitbart makes stuff up or otherwise distorts the facts surrounding substantially less objective subject matter, I often don't have the time or desire to chase it all down. So I focussed on what this article is in terms of the general genre of Trump supporting media, as opposed to the actual content of the article. And that is:

Because Bright has highlighted a failing of the Trump administration, Bright will be subject to merciless attacks from the foxes and the breightbart of the world, and they will stop at nothing to tear him down. That is what they do. And I hope Bright was fully prepared for the onslaught that is to come, of which this article is only the first salvo.

Now, had it been Fox, I would have read the article at least. As I've said before, in spite of their Trump leaning bias, they still qualify as a legitimate news outlet, unlike Breitbart, and I will read what they write.
                            Again, this is just ad hom. You're showing your true bias colors here, ox. You did nothing to address any of the email exchanges or Political articles they cited. But if that's your stance, have at it

Comment

Again, this is just ad hom. You're showing your true bias colors here, ox. You did nothing to address any of the email exchanges or Political articles they cited. But if that's your stance, have at it
                              It's not ad hominem when make an accurate characterization. Breitbart thinks things like this reflect well on them.

briet.jpg

There is simply no way to take such a news site seriously or as anything approximating the level impartiality we should expect.

That's of course to say nothing of these gems (and there are *hundreds more like them*)

[TRIGGER WARNING]

1) Tortured woman with burnt genitals -- https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...ada-sobrevive/
                              2) Kidnapped and incinerated child -- https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...do-fronterizo/
                              3) Murdered family including several dead children -- https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...fin-de-semana/

[/TRIGGER WARNING]
                              Last edited by DivineOb; 05-05-2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment