Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rick Bright-top vaccine scientist files whistleblower complaint against the dictator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    According to Dr Brights complaint, the President, on his own hunch, was trying to flood the NY-NJ area with Hydroxycloroquine manufactured in, and imported from, India, which for one thing was not FDA approved, showed no evidence of beneficial effects, but did pose potential serious harmful side effects according to the science. In light of the science, and in order to protect peoples lives, Dr Bright advised against its use but to no avail and so he apparently went public with the findings. That though was just the final disloyalty straw that broke the tyrants patience. He also repeatedly warned the administration early on in January that we needed to ramp up medical supplies, PPE's etc. for the oncoming pandemic, but to no effect. Dr. Bright claimed that he was continually pressured by the administration to ignore the experts and the scientific recommendations and instead to awaerd lucrative contracts to Trumps political cronies.

Trump on the other hand, at first, tried to claim that his removal of Dr Bright was actually meant to be a promotion, something Dr. Bright earned for all his good work in his long and distinguished career, which of course was just another of Trumps lies, and Dr. Bright was having none of it. So of course, now that Dr. Bright is fighting back, the administration is trying to come up with other reasons for why they demoted him. The actual reason is that he was doing his job in the interests of the health of american people, not doing Trumps corrupt bidding.

Dr Bright will be testifying before Congres on May 14th
    That's awesome. I'm sure they'll bring up the fact that not only were they contemplating giving him the axe months earlier, but that he had in fact endorsed the use of hydroxychloroquine. He'll have some 'splainin to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      It just shows your haste to condemn apart from the facts.
      Y'all do this to yourselves.
      Bright portrays himself in the 89-page complaint as an administration health official trying to sound the alarm about the virus beginning in early January. He said he called for the rapid development of treatments and vaccines, as well as the stockpiling of additional N95 face masks and ventilators, at a time when HHS political leadership, including Secretary Alex Azar, appeared to him to be underestimating the threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
        You're just jealous because Charles does a much better job of nannying than you do.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Why was I not surprised this came from beitbart
          Why was I not surprised to see you appeal to the genetic fallacy.

breitbart makes stuff up or otherwise distorts the facts
          Oh, so you have evidence that what Breitbart reported about Rick Bright was fabricated or distorted? Great. Let's see it.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

...Bright releases 89 page damning complaint and is scheduled to testify before congress on May 14th....
            Jim, I'm going to apologize for criticizing the "89 page" claim. While the first part is merely "filling out the form", with repeated references to "see attached" (the actual complaint narrative), the entire document is, indeed, "the complaint".
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is what happens when one dares speak truth to the wannabe dictator. Bright releases 89 page damning complaint and is scheduled to testify before congress on May 14th..

http://www.wrvo.org/post/rick-bright...ower-complaint

Complete complaint attached.
              http://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/

The federal scientist who was ousted last month as director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority has filed a whistleblower complaint with the U.S. Office of Special Counsel.

At the time of his removal, Bright said he had been ousted because of his "insistence" that the government spend funds on "safe and scientifically vetted solutions" to address the coronavirus crisis and not on "drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit."

so basically he didn't want to fund any research into possible treatments? During a pandemic? No wonder they sidelined him. He's a moron. BARDA is about research. You have to fund research into possible treatments and technologies to "scientifically vet" them.
              Last edited by Sparko; 05-06-2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Who voted on him as the top vaccine expert?
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The federal scientist who was ousted last month as director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority has filed a whistleblower complaint with the U.S. Office of Special Counsel.

At the time of his removal, Bright said he had been ousted because of his "insistence" that the government spend funds on "safe and scientifically vetted solutions" to address the coronavirus crisis and not on "drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit."

so basically he didn't want to fund any research into possible treatments? During a pandemic? No wonder they sidelined him. He's a moron. BARDA is about research. You have to fund research into possible treatments and technologies to "scientifically vet" them.
                  You are not understanding what that means. Bright was making sure money was not being spent on unproven or potentially unsafe solutions. Unproven methodologies for developing vaccines or drugs that had not been undergone proper clinical trials. Specifically (and most offensively to DT himself) the President's pet malaria drug which once tested showed it did more harm than good. Bright was doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing - making sure the money was spent on proven technologies and drugs. We don't have time or money to waste on hunches and guesswork. Especially when those hunches are sourced from non-science based entities.

We know this is going to be a bloodbath in terms of conservative outlet initiated smear campaign directed at Bright. So I'd advise trying to avoid being sucked into that propaganda. Check out the claims, put them in the proper context, especially look for the facts that were omitted.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-06-2020, 10:43 AM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

We know this is going to be a bloodbath in terms of conservative outlet initiated smear campaign directed at Bright.
                    Politico is a conservative outlet?

Rick Bright, the director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, was transferred to a new, more narrow role at the National Institutes of Health this week, an HHS spokesperson confirmed. Bright had clashed with department leaders about his decisions and the scope of his authorityhttps://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...t-grows-201642

And Vox?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Politico is a conservative outlet?

Rick Bright, the director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, was transferred to a new, more narrow role at the National Institutes of Health this week, an HHS spokesperson confirmed. Bright had clashed with department leaders about his decisions and the scope of his authorityhttps://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...t-grows-201642

And Vox?

Did I say anything about politico? My comments are not about what the facts actually are, they are about how to make sure one is not led down the primrose path by those that will most certainly do everything they possibly can to smear Bright. If Bright is telling tall tales, it will come out in the legitimate sources. But regardless of the truth, sources like breitbart will do everything they can to smear him, so best to look elsewhere for the facts.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Apparently Bright's attorneys are the same attorneys that represented Blasey Ford. I would imagine it's because Avenatti wasn't available. I guess as the saying goes "birds of a feather..."

Comment

My comments are not about what the facts actually are...
                          I see. You just have a problem when those facts happen to come from Breitbart.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            Apparently Bright's attorneys are the same attorneys that represented Blasey Ford. I would imagine it's because Avenatti wasn't available. I guess as the saying goes "birds of a feather..."
                            Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe?
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Jim, I'm going to apologize for criticizing the "89 page" claim. While the first part is merely "filling out the form", with repeated references to "see attached" (the actual complaint narrative), the entire document is, indeed, "the complaint".
                              Appreciate that, CP. No prob.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                I see. You just have a problem when those facts happen to come from Breitbart.

Yikes!

Here, Let me make it really simple for you:

A needle in a haystack is just as good as a needle in its place in a sewing box. But a needle in the sewing box is a whole heck of a lot easier to find and use.

Facts in breitbart articles are like needles in haystacks. They are still facts, they are just a lot harder to find.

Comment