Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Shelley Luther: My New Hero...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    Cars have gotten safer year after year in response to public outcry. So what's your point?
    We still have about 40,000 a year killed by accidents. Never mind about 4 million injured. The majority of which would end if you followed my simple plan. Where is your compassion? Why do you hate your fellow human beings?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

What I find hee-larious is RWNJs who post this like it's a a solid argument. To argue this is to misunderstand this issue from every possible angle and to proclaim so proudly.

Embarrassing.
      I am glad you are admitting your ignorance. You want to compare disease deaths to horrible things like war, but not to everyday things like auto accidents to which Covid deaths pale in comparison. Doesn't fit your narrative. Where's your "compassion?"

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        We still have about 40,000 a year killed by accidents. Never mind about 4 million injured. The majority of which would end if you followed my simple plan. Where is your compassion? Why do you hate your fellow human beings?
        * sighs

This argument is just absurd on its face. If you can't see that then I doubt I will be able to convince you.

Comment

Cars have gotten safer year after year in response to public outcry. So what's your point?
          They did it without panicking and shutting down all the interstates and throwing anyone using their car in jail with huge fines.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I am glad you are admitting your ignorance. You want to compare disease deaths to horrible things like war, but not to everyday things like auto accidents to which Covid deaths pale in comparison. Doesn't fit your narrative. Where's your "compassion?"
            Again, if you think this is such a strong argument then I doubt I will be able to explain to you why it isn't. It's caveman thinking at its "finest."

Comment

They did it without panicking and shutting down all the interstates and throwing anyone using their car in jail with huge fines.
              Yes they did. That's why the last few times we had a pandemic both Obama and W worked to establish procedures to mitigate a future pandemic without total societal upheaval. Did the Trump administration follow those procedures?

Comment

Again, if you think this is such a strong argument then I doubt I will be able to explain to you why it isn't. It's caveman thinking at its "finest."
                Ah the old sour grapes reaction. Typical basement dweller response.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  It's actually a pretty accurate comparison. If we had the 24/7 news coverage of auto fatalities that we have with the C-19 pandemic, not only would we see the same exact level of public hysteria about the issue, but we'd have policies implemented that would radically change those fatality outcomes. It's the EXACT same analogy in fact.
                  About a month ago, I posted a thread about this manipulative generation. The problem of concern is how the media makes everyone concerned about an issue by hyping up the drama and levels of reporting on an issue. Even if only 15% trust the media, its influence extends to 90% of the population. That is what I have noticed on the COVID-19 topic.

Comment

Yes they did. That's why the last few times we had a pandemic both Obama and W worked to establish procedures to mitigate a future pandemic without total societal upheaval. Did the Trump administration follow those procedures?
                    I wouldn't have advised him to. I think Trump was exercising restraint in a situation where the media hyped up fears.

Comment

Trump wasn't the instigator of shutting down the entire economy. Europe started it, then our scientists and doctors advised him to do it. Like Birx and Fauci. You are blaming Trump for following their advice and advising the governors to do it, but it was their choice. And then the liberal press wanted him to force the governors to shut down all of the states. Trump has been wanting to open up the country again since April, and everyone screamed, "It's too early!"

If we treated automobile deaths like we did covid deaths, they would have made people quarantine their cars in garages and shut down the roads and highways until they invented seat belts.

Comment

Ah the old sour grapes reaction. Typical basement dweller response.
                        That's not what 'sour grapes' is bro.

The situation is I have no idea what is the reasoning you're using which tells you the two things are the same. Because I can't understand your reasoning I'm unable to discuss this with you. The analogy is just ludicrous on its face. I will say this -- if the number of traffic fatalities suddenly doubled for unexplained reasons the government would definitely step in to try to mitigate that until we could understand and address the issue.

Comment

Trump wasn't the instigator of shutting down the entire economy. Europe started it, then our scientists and doctors advised him to do it. Like Birx and Fauci. You are blaming Trump for following their advice and advising the governors to do it, but it was their choice. And then the liberal press wanted him to force the governors to shut down all of the states. Trump has been wanting to open up the country again since April, and everyone screamed, "It's too early!"

If we treated automobile deaths like we did covid deaths, they would have made people quarantine their cars in garages and shut down the roads and highways until they invented seat belts.
                          More caveman reasoning. Is this work you're *proud* of?

In any case, you are being so dishonest in your description of what happened either you are intentionally misrepresenting things or you just don't have a clue. Call it sour grapes or whatever you want but I'm not going to waste my time on someone who is unwilling or unable to understand what actually happened.

Comment

More caveman reasoning. Is this work you're *proud* of?

In any case, you are being so dishonest in your description of what happened either you are intentionally misrepresenting things or you just don't have a clue. Call it sour grapes or whatever you want but I'm not going to waste my time on someone who is unwilling or unable to understand what actually happened.
                            Translation: "Bah your argument isn't worth my time!" [while running away]

Comment

That's not what 'sour grapes' is bro.

The situation is I have no idea what is the reasoning you're using which tells you the two things are the same. Because I can't understand your reasoning I'm unable to discuss this with you. The analogy is just ludicrous on its face. I will say this -- if the number of traffic fatalities suddenly doubled for unexplained reasons the government would definitely step in to try to mitigate that until we could understand and address the issue.
                              Well now I know why you became an atheist, you're a moron.

Comment

Well now I know why you became an atheist, you're a moron.
                                Maybe. But if someone tells me that they don't follow my logic I'm happy to spell it out with a syllogism as I did for you with Joe Walsh. You aren't willing to do the same which says that you either don't value being understood or realize that your argument wouldn't hold up under scrutiny.

Comment