Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Shelley Luther: My New Hero...

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    OK I found a way to read the article. LOL. This is what is known as trying to pick an analogy apart by taking it too literally and missing the entire point. and it indeed was not the point I was making with YOUR comparison DoB with war deaths. In fact, I could use the exact same argument the writer uses against "automobile" deaths with YOUR analogy of covid-19 deaths to "war deaths"
    What analogy did I make? I was just comparing the total (and increasing) Coronavirus deaths to other events which killed large numbers of Americans. Obviously a virus is nothing like a war.

Regardless, you said this

worldwide 1.25 Million automobile related deaths per year, every year. We need to ban cars. And roads.

One can infer only that you're comparing the extreme measures taken to "flatten the curve" to what those measures might look like when applied to car fatalities (and which was the topic of the thread). That's the analogy addressed by the article. Of course you're too magnanimous to quote the relevant passage and embarrass me, which is appreciated.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    One can infer only
    I love it when people correctly use imply and infer!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

3. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is the third time you've called me a basement dweller. The house I currently own and am sitting in right now is worth ~$2m and soon will be expanded to a 5 (edited since I miscounted) bedroom / 3 bath palace. Find a better insult.
    you go girl.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What analogy did I make? I was just comparing the total (and increasing) Coronavirus deaths to other events which killed large numbers of Americans. Obviously a virus is nothing like a war.

Regardless, you said this

worldwide 1.25 Million automobile related deaths per year, every year. We need to ban cars. And roads.

One can infer only that you're comparing the extreme measures taken to "flatten the curve" to what those measures might look like when applied to car fatalities (and which was the topic of the thread). That's the analogy addressed by the article. Of course you're too magnanimous to quote the relevant passage and embarrass me, which is appreciated.
    We have spent what, 6 pages on this rabbit trail now? I am tired of your derail because you made a stupid comparison and then can't understand the replies to it. Move on dweeb. I gave you a link to the beginning of the rabbit trail about a page ago. You have a mouse, use it. At this point I think you are just doing this to troll, nobody can be that ignorant.
    Last edited by Sparko; 05-08-2020 at 01:00 PM.

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I love it when people correctly use imply and infer!
    I confess, I have problems with "bring" and "take," and with "farther" and "further."
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    I confess, I have problems with "bring" and "take," and with "farther" and "further."
    I'm still curious about how "that" has come into common use when "who" would fit better..... "this is the man that drove the car" / "this is the man who drove the car".
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Me to. But I don't mix up any other words. lol
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 05-08-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    Me to. But I don't mix up any other words. lol
    I saw what you did their.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

10. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So I have a question. If you all think this woman is a hero for defying a law to feed her family, do you extend the same grace to people who break immigration laws to make a better life for their families?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    So I have a question. If you all think this woman is a hero for defying a law to feed her family, do you extend the same grace to people who break immigration laws to make a better life for their families?
    There's a difference between defying (probably) unconstitutional laws and defying legal ones.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

13. Amen seanD, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.