Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ways to end the Covid pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YHWH RULES View Post
    The second amendment and waving your AR15 around isn't going to help you, much less justify your miscreant, criminal behavior. In the middle of a pandemic, you have to comply with your government's public safety measures, to do otherwise makes you a public health hazard and worthy of being fined or jailed. Wicked miscreants like you, feel entitled to defy such laws, but that's why we have law enforcement. To throw criminals like you in jail, where you belong. It's people like you that will be fighting the Messiah and His armies in the name of "democrazy and freekdom".
    You're a useful idiot. Why are you so fearful?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      You're a useful idiot. Why are you so fearful?
      Being cautious for your own health and safety, and considerate towards your fellowman, by wearing a mask in the middle of a deadly pandemic, is righteous and smart. Your silly assertion, that I'm a "useful idiot" for wearing a mask in public, in the middle of a deadly pandemic, makes you a deluded idiot. You're obviously a delusional, lunatic and hypocrite. You're going to be the first one to run to the hospital when you experience a medical emergency and complication with this virus, after thumbing your nose at the community's safety measures. You're going to behave recklessly, pretending to be "brave" , due to your delusional, demonic state of mind, until you get infected and experience complications, or you infect someone you love, that is forced to go to the hospital. You'll then realize how stupid you were, in not wearing a mask in public, placing yourself at risk and others around you. You will run to that ER to get hooked up to that ventilator, indeed you will. You won't stay home like a "rebel warrior" and brave the infection, without medical assistance, NO NO....You will run to the hospital, to the society you spent weeks, months, defying, flipping off, refusing to wear a mask in public. Now you will turn to that same community to provide you with medical treatment. You miscreant demon, you son of your father the devil.

Comment

Being cautious for your own health and safety, and considerate towards your fellowman, by wearing a mask in the middle of a deadly pandemic, is righteous and smart. Your silly assertion, that I'm a "useful idiot" for wearing a mask in public, in the middle of a deadly pandemic, makes you a deluded idiot. You're obviously a delusional, lunatic and hypocrite. You're going to be the first one to run to the hospital when you experience a medical emergency and complication with this virus, after thumbing your nose at the community's safety measures. You're going to behave recklessly, pretending to be "brave" , due to your delusional, demonic state of mind, until you get infected and experience complications, or you infect someone you love, that is forced to go to the hospital. You'll then realize how stupid you were, in not wearing a mask in public, placing yourself at risk and others around you. You will run to that ER to get hooked up to that ventilator, indeed you will. You won't stay home like a "rebel warrior" and brave the infection, without medical assistance, NO NO....You will run to the hospital, to the society you spent weeks, months, defying, flipping off, refusing to wear a mask in public. Now you will turn to that same community to provide you with medical treatment. You miscreant demon, you son of your father the devil.
        You're a useful idiot for thinking government can save and protect you. The best way of helping yourself and your fellowman is to take care of yourself, put down the soda and chips, lose weight, eat healthy, exercise, build up your immune system. And you're 100% wrong about me. I'm not a little wuss begging for government to save me. I'm also very healthy and fit. If I get sick, I get sick, then I'll quarantine myself until I get better. I can use logic in what to do, I don't need daddy government to teach me basic common sense. If I die from this (which isn't going to happen), then so be it.

Comment

I'd like to remind posters (NorrinRad, SeanD and YHWH RULES) that name calling and politicking are not welcome in this thread.

YHWH RULES, you will asked to leave if you post any more insults or attacks on others.
          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
            I'd like to remind posters (NorrinRad, SeanD and YHWH RULES) that name calling and politicking are not welcome in this thread.

YHWH RULES, you will asked to leave if you post any more insults or attacks on others.
            My bad, sorry Max.

Comment

You're a useful idiot for thinking government can save and protect you. The best way of helping yourself and your fellowman is to take care of yourself, put down the soda and chips, lose weight, eat healthy, exercise, build up your immune system. And you're 100% wrong about me. I'm not a little wuss begging for government to save me. I'm also very healthy and fit. If I get sick, I get sick, then I'll quarantine myself until I get better. I can use logic in what to do, I don't need daddy government to teach me basic common sense. If I die from this (which isn't going to happen), then so be it.

Not helpful, Sean.

Comment

You're just a lawless miscreant, who hates authority. If you don't have enough sense to wear a mask in public, in the middle of a mass pandemic, the government should force you to do it. I would personally force you to do it, but I would go to jail. That's why we have law enforcement, that way we don't have to become vigilantes, going around like Charles Bronson in the movie Death Wish. You talk all tough now, but that's all it is. You're a reckless, wicked person, who's placing yourself and others in danger of being infected, by refusing to wear a mask in public and defying other measures to stop the spread of this deadly virus. All of your silly Ayn Rand Libertarian drivel, about how evil and supposedly worthless the government is, will go out the window, when you see yourself in need of help. You'll be the first one to run to the nearest ER when you get seriously ill from this virus. All that bravado smack talk amounts to nothing, it doesn't impress me or anyone with two brain cells.
                Last edited by YHWH RULES; 05-09-2020, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Not helpful, Sean.

Why didn't you threaten him with censorship? Only me?

Comment

YHWH RULES, no more personal attacks or I will ask the mods to remove you from this thread. Same goes for everyone else.

I know people have very strong feelings about this situation, please keep your posts in this thread focussed on solutions and not on people's percieved faults.

SeanD has already apologised. Thank you

Comment

YHWH RULES, which of the ways I outlined in my post #33 do you think is most likely, and why?

Or is there another outcome we haven't yet covered?

Comment

YHWH RULES, no more personal attacks or I will ask the mods to remove you from this thread. Same goes for everyone else.

I know people have very strong feelings about this situation, please keep your posts in this thread focussed on solutions and not on people's percieved faults.

SeanD has already apologised. Thank you

He hasn't apologized to me, the one he directly insulted. Part of the solution is to enforce public safety laws, that effectively stop the spread of the virus. Apparently some people on this forum take it personally, when one expresses that fact. I didn't call him any names personally, but if he feels insulted, because I believe the government has legitimate authority to enforce such laws, that's his problem, not mine. He's the one that started attacking me personally, and frankly I don't care. You're the one who cares about that. I'm focused on the issues and arguments, not insults. I could care less if people insult me, but he didn't apologize to the one he insulted, he apologized to you, someone he didn't insult. Why mention that to his credit? That doesn't make any sense.

Want to stick to the issues, stick to the issues, insults are irrelevant.

Comment

YHWH RULES, which of the ways I outlined in my post #33 do you think is most likely, and why?

Or is there another outcome we haven't yet covered?
                          I will read post #33 and see what you're referring to.

Comment

#1: National moratorium, enforced by law, lifting all rent and mortgage obligations (for both tenants and landlords), including utilities (electric, water, gas..etc).

#2: Unemployment assistance for all who qualify and a BUI/Basic Universal Income, of $1200 monthly for everyone who earns less than half a million yearly. If someone who earns more than half a million requests the assistance, for whatever reason, they get it, no questions asked. Anyone with an address in the US, who earns under the above stated amount is eligible for the income, regardless of their immigration status. Illegal immigrants are humans too and need to eat. If they are excluded from receiving this basic monetary assistance, they can become a public health and safety hazard (Bubba may cringe at the idea of helping those brown skinned "hispanic-illegals", in the middle of a mass pandemic, but perhaps he should study his Bible more carefully, because YAHWEH doesn't condone starving people to death due to their immigration status or because they look different than Bubba.).

Those who are homeless and without an address or a bank account, should also receive the assistance and receive adequate, safe housing. That could be done by the government working with contractors, to build emergency housing for the homeless and these individuals could be given food and whatever else they need to survive. Other social services could be provided as well, to help them overcome their personal challenges, whatever that might be. This is something that should've been done a long time ago. There is no reason for the wealthiest, most powerful empire in human history, to have so many homeless people, when there so much vacant housing, land and resources. We have the means to feed, house and train (vocational/job training), all of the homeless. We could also provided them with the medical attention they need, if they need it. Yes we can, believe it or not, if we were willing. It's a matter of will, not capacity.

#3: The president uses his executive powers to nationalize factories and begin producing millions of test kits, medicine (hydroxychloroquine, zpak, zinc, IV bags filled with high dose vitamin C and any other drug, vitamin..etc proven effective in the field/battlefield, to fight this virus), medical equipment (masks, ventilators, whatever else we need). Our president should not be relying on the supposed philanthropic generosity, estimated production capacity of the profit pursuing private sector. He should exercise, boldly and assertively wield his constitutional, executive powers in the middle of this national crises to GET IT DONE, whatever that might be. That includes having the top experts in the country, being part of his team, to help plan and effectively execute the government's orders. If our congress refuses to lock in step with the president, the president should use his so called "bully pulpit" to force politicians in congress to "see things differently" . The president has great influence over the American people during a crises, especially when the people recognize the president's efforts as being in their best interest.

#4 Nationally enforced health laws, requiring everyone to wear a mask (cover their mouths and noses with practically anything; it doesn't have to be an actual surgical mask, it can be a cloth, scarf, bandana, t-shirt, banana peels, anything for heaven's sake!), when in public. Social distancing should be taken seriously, and certain businesses unfortunately, that are not vital to our national infrastructure and survival, must remain closed, especially if they involve people congregating in buildings and closed, confined areas. This will greatly reduce the rate of infection and give our government and the private sector, enough time to produce and distribute the test kits, the medications/treatments, the vaccines, required to effectively handle and overcome this virus. Allowing us to open up the economy ASAP and allow us all to go back to living our lives.

Those who don't wear a mask in public, should be called out and told to wear a mask. If they refuse to wear a mask in public, they're miscreants / criminals, who are committing an act of aggression towards their fellow human beings. They're placing themselves at risk of contracting the virus and others as well. They may not care about strangers, but they might infect their loved ones, their parents and grandparents. They might infect people they care about, and that can lead to a serious infection and complications, even death. No one who lives in society, enjoying the many benefits of living in a community, in a modern civilization, with all of its infrastructure and resources, has the right to do whatever they freaking want. They must abide by the safety measures created and enforced to protect the public and avoid hospitals from being overwhelmed with COVID patients. To do otherwise is to become a public health hazard, and such people should be punished, especially if they are proven to intentionally and continually defy and thumb their noses at these community measures to eradicate the virus. In the middle of a mass pandemic, with the potential to kill millions of Americans, you and I, don't have the right, to place other people in danger of getting infected with this deadly virus.

Those knucklehead miscreants, who just "don't get it", should receive assistance from law enforcement on "getting it". They should be incarcerated, either in jail or in a concentration camp (oh yes, that's right. CONCENTRATION CAMP for idiots), for those who have chosen to become public health hazards, a danger to their communities. And if the governors need to deploy the national guard, and marshal law has to be used, with boots on the ground to handle Bubba (all of the self styled, combat rifle carrying, "patriot rebels" and country bumpkins who flip their fingers at their nation's effort to control and stop the pandemic), then so be it. Bubba is going to get a rude awakening from the US military, when he/she is forced to wear a mask in public, whether they like it or not. If they refuse, they go to camp, where they will be forced to live with other "patriot rebels" / bubbas, and they will wear a mask in the camp. The US government will feed and house these knuckleheads/imbeciles, until the pandemic is under control. If they choose to get violent, using lethal force, these miscreant, criminal country folk, will be quickly dispatched, compliments of the US Army and Marines. How does that sound, Bubba? Put your mask on in public. It's that simple.

#5 We should work in cooperation with other nations, who are also fighting this virus, in order to best learn how to beat this disease.

Read all of the above, that's the way to get through this pandemic, without losing millions of American lives. We don't have to sacrifice grandma and grandpa, to save wall street or the economy. We don't have to sacrifice anyone on the altar of this disease, provided we do what is required as a nation, as a society / modern civilization. Those that resist our nation's efforts to beat this pandemic, and spare millions of lives, should be punished and even killed, if they choose to resort to violence.

YOur first post in this thread attacked anyone who disagreed with your ideas on what should be done.

Now you're arguing about who insulted who first. I don't care, you have the whole rest of the board to trade insults with whoever. But not in this thread - as OP, I can insist on that. And I did make it clear in the OP that I was asking people to focus on issues and not name-calling ( "Bubba").

Mods, please remove YHWH RULES posts from my thread.

Comment

YOur first post in this thread attacked anyone who disagreed with your ideas on what should be done.

Now you're arguing about who insulted who first. I don't care, you have the whole rest of the board to trade insults with whoever. But not in this thread - as OP, I can insist on that. And I did make it clear in the OP that I was asking people to focus on issues and not name-calling ( "Bubba").

Mods, please remove YHWH RULES posts from my thread.

I wasn't calling anyone in particular, "Bubba". I was referring to a group of individuals, in general, who are gun toting racist bigots, who in the middle of a pandemic defy government public safety laws, endangering themselves and the lives of others with COVID. If the person that later insulted me personally, identifies as a gun toting racist Bubba, who refuses to wear a mask in public, becoming a public health hazard, that's his problem. I didn't identify him as that, he did, so why claim I insulted him?

As far as your claim that I attack people personally, for not agreeing with me, be more specific as to how I'm doing that. Assertively defending my position and opinion, doesn't constitute me attacking anyone personally, that's just a baseless charge. I defend my opinions assertively, so what? You do that as well, so why complain? You just can't handle real discourse and debate, hence you seek to censor those who offend your sensibilities. You need thicker skin if you're a genuine truth seeker and stop being so sensitive.

Comment

I wasn't calling anyone in particular, "Bubba". I was referring to a group of individuals, in general, who are gun toting racist bigots, who in the middle of a pandemic defy government public safety laws, endangering themselves and the lives of others with COVID. If the person that later insulted me personally, identifies as a gun toting racist Bubba, who refuses to wear a mask in public, becoming a public health hazard, that's his problem. I didn't identify him as that, he did, so why claim I insulted him?

As far as your claim that I attack people personally, for not agreeing with me, be more specific as to how I'm doing that. Assertively defending my position and opinion, doesn't constitute me attacking anyone personally, that's just a baseless charge. I defend my opinions assertively, so what? You do that as well, so why complain? You just can't handle real discourse and debate, hence you seek to censor those who offend your sensibilities. You need thicker skin if you're a genuine truth seeker and stop being so sensitive.

You have no idea about me and what I can or can't handle. This thread is specifically for non-partisan, respectful and productive discussion. Read the OP.

There's a whole board for you to show how tough a keyboard warrior you are, go and flex there. It's rude, selfish and immature to insist on using insults when the OP specifically asked that you do not do that. If you can't get your point across without such moronic name-calling as 'Bubba'. I don't buy your hand-waving, and I don't want you posting in my thread.

Go away and make your own thread about 'gun-waving Bubbas'.

Comment