Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Funny you would mention this considering the story I just read. It was actually Papadopolous who was the original target, and with a FISA two-hop warrant in its pocket, the FBI was effectively allowed to spy on the entire Trump campaign. Only the case against Papadopolous was bogus from the start, and the FBI knew it.

Judicial Watch announced today that it received the “electronic communication” (EC) that officially launched the counterintelligence investigation, termed “Crossfire Hurricane,” of President Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign. The document, which was written by former FBI official Peter Strzok and was obtained as the result of a Judicial Watch FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) lawsuit against the FBI and DOJ for: “The Electronic Communication that initiated the counterintelligence investigation of President Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.” (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Justice (No. 1:19-cv-02743)).

The redacted document details seeming third hand information that the Russian government “had been seeking prominent members of the Donald Trump campaign in which to engage to prepare for potential post-election relations should Trump be elected U.S. President.” The document also alleges Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos, claimed to an unnamed party that “they (the Russians) could assist the Trump campaign with the anonymous release of information during the campaign that would be damaging to Hillary Clinton.”

The document notes, “It was unclear whether he [Papadopoulos] or the Russians were referring to material acquired publicly of [sic] through other means. It was unclear how Mr. Trump’s team reacted to the offer. We note the Trump team’s reaction could, in the end, have little bearing of what Russia decides to do, with or without Mr. Trump’s cooperation.”

[...]

“No wonder the DOJ and FBI resisted the public release of this infamous ‘electronic communication’ that ‘opened’ Crossfire Hurricane – it shows there was no serious basis for the Obama administration to launch an unprecedented spy operation on the Trump campaign,” stated Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “We now have more proof that Crossfire Hurricane was a scam, based on absurd gossip and innuendo. This document is Exhibit A to Obamagate, the worst corruption scandal in American history. This document shows how Attorney General Barr and U.S. Attorney Durham are right to question the predicate this spy operation.”

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...-spyoperation/
    Do you ever actually read the trash you post, MM? I know Papadopolous was the initial reason to open the investigation. So what. What does that have to do with anything? Juditial watch isn't journalism, they're a right wing propaganda organization masquerading as an organization that fightds for accountability and integrity in law, politics and Government. Please, give me a break. No one that supports and defends the corrupt Trump and his corrupt Administration can define themselves thusly with a straight face, unless they are very, very, good actors. They can call the basis for the FISA warrant to be based upon absurd gossip and innuendo all they want, the fact is we've known all along what the granting of the FISA warrant was based upon, and the findings by the FISA Court, and by Durham in his post investigation of the matter, found that there was indeed sufficient predicate to open the investigation. Tom Fittin, JuditialWatch, threw Durham's name in there with Barr to make it look as though he agrees with them that it was absurd gossip and innuendo. He doesn't.
    Last edited by JimL; 05-21-2020, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
      Papi got drunk and blabbed about the whole thing to the Australian ambassador to the UK. That's what got the ball rolling.
      Even the FBI admitted it wasn't entirely sure what Papadopolous was referring to, and certainly there was no reason to think it was anything criminal, yet they launched a wide ranging spy operation against the Trump campaign anyway.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Probably good news: it seems the fact that the DC appeals court is forcing Sullivan to justify his actions suggests that they are strongly considering ruling in favor of the defense. The usual procedure is that when a writ is refused, it is simply refused outright, and the case sent back to the lower court, but when a court is considering granting it, they first give the judge the opportunity to respond. The fact that the appeals court is forcing a long-time Federal judge to publicly explain his actions and the short (10-day) deadline suggests that the appeals court is taking this very seriously.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...damus-n2569274

Comment

• Well, it seems the bad guys are feeling the heat. Christopher Wray just announced an internal investigation into the shenanigans surrounding the Flynn investigation, although knowing Wray, I suspect his purpose is to conceal rather than expose.

This is an interesting development considering this same FBI Director previously claimed the office of inspector general found no intentional wrongdoing by people within the FBI; and Wray further asserted there was “no evidence of political bias” after each of three OIG investigations completed in 2018 and 2019.

If the OIG did not find FBI wrongdoing, then what changed? Why is FBI Director Chris Wray now launching an internal investigation? The answer appears to be an outsider’s investigation via Missouri U.S. Attorney, Jeff Jensen.

The inspection division (INSD) previously reviewed FBI conduct and reported to Office of Inspector General Michael Horowitz. The resulting IG findings of FBI conduct was carefully worded and disingenuous at best, but it was embraced by FBI Director Wray.

Now the outsider review by US Attorney Jeff Jensen; combined with the simultaneous declassification of documents by DNI Ric Grenell; appears to be highlighting a lot more internal FBI corruption. Hence this unavoidable shift in tone from Wray.

This announcement today comes as Ric Grenell is working to declassify the transcript(s) of the Flynn-Kislyak call, with some rather interesting comments.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...in-flynn-case/

Comment

Well, it seems the bad guys are feeling the heat. Christopher Wray just announced an internal investigation into the shenanigans surrounding the Flynn investigation, although knowing Wray, I suspect his purpose is to conceal rather than expose.

This is an interesting development considering this same FBI Director previously claimed the office of inspector general found no intentional wrongdoing by people within the FBI; and Wray further asserted there was “no evidence of political bias” after each of three OIG investigations completed in 2018 and 2019.

If the OIG did not find FBI wrongdoing, then what changed? Why is FBI Director Chris Wray now launching an internal investigation? The answer appears to be an outsider’s investigation via Missouri U.S. Attorney, Jeff Jensen.

The inspection division (INSD) previously reviewed FBI conduct and reported to Office of Inspector General Michael Horowitz. The resulting IG findings of FBI conduct was carefully worded and disingenuous at best, but it was embraced by FBI Director Wray.

Now the outsider review by US Attorney Jeff Jensen; combined with the simultaneous declassification of documents by DNI Ric Grenell; appears to be highlighting a lot more internal FBI corruption. Hence this unavoidable shift in tone from Wray.

This announcement today comes as Ric Grenell is working to declassify the transcript(s) of the Flynn-Kislyak call, with some rather interesting comments.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...in-flynn-case/
            Rubbish. Wray has no choice but to assist Jenson and Barr, toadies of their King, in this actual witch hunt.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Rubbish. Wray has no choice but to assist Jenson and Barr, toadies of their King, in this actual witch hunt.
              In little jimmy's world fabricating a fake dossier is legitimate whereas going after those who produced and pushed what they knew was fake is a "witch hunt."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                In little jimmy's world fabricating a fake dossier is legitimate whereas going after those who produced and pushed what they knew was fake is a "witch hunt."
                For one thing the Russian investigation originated as a result of G Papadopolous, not the Steele dossier, and for another the Steele dossier was just the result of raw investigation. People, sources, told him stuff. The information gathered by Steele could have been true or false, and though it wasn't corroborated, none of it was ever proven to be false. You can parrot the talking fat heads and call it a fake dossier all you want , but you can't prove it was fabricated, because it wasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                  For one thing the Russian investigation originated as a result of G Papadopolous, not the Steele dossier, and for another the Steele dossier was just the result of raw investigation. People, sources, told him stuff. The information gathered by Steele could have been true or false, and though it wasn't corroborated, none of it was ever proven to be false. You can parrot the talking fat heads and call it a fake dossier all you want , but you can't prove it was fabricated, because it wasn't.
                  Pay attention, Jimmy, this was posted above: newly released documents reveal that they FBI never had any valid reason to suspect Papadopoulos of illegal activity.

Then there was the episode where they tried to frame him by planting money on him so they could arrest him when he brought it into the US, but he shrewdly left it with a lawyer in Greece.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ntrapment.html

As for the Steele gossip column, I like how the narrative has changed from it's solid proof that Trump colluded with Russia to merely unproven "raw" intelligence.
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-23-2020, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Pay attention, Jimmy, this was posted above: newly released documents reveal that they FBI never had any valid reason to suspect Papadopoulos of illegal activity.

Then there was the episode where they tried to frame him by planting money on him so they could arrest him when he brought it into the US, but he shrewdly left it with a lawyer in Greece.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ntrapment.html

As for the Steele gossip column, I like how the narrative has changed from it's solid proof that Trump colluded with Russia to merely unproven "raw" intelligence.
                    That interview was more than a year ago about money he got 3 years ago. So what happened with it? Why hasn't he had it examined by now?

Sheesh.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Kinda like "our side can cheat but YOUR side has to play by the rules, or we can't win".
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Kinda like "our side can cheat but YOUR side has to play by the rules, or we can't win".
                        Is that an admission that you recognize that your side cheats, is cheating? Sounds like it, CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                          That interview was more than a year ago about money he got 3 years ago. So what happened with it? Why hasn't he had it examined by now?

Sheesh.
                          I don't know if the money was ever examined, but it's undeniable that the intelligence agencies tried to frame Papadopoulos. When he showed up at the airport and they arrested him only to realize that he didn't have the money they expected him to have, they had to scramble to come up with another excuse to hold and question him.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ria-bartiromo/

This is the kind of thing you world laugh at as implausible if it happened in a movie, but this is real life.

Comment

I don't know if the money was ever examined, but it's undeniable that the intelligence agencies tried to frame Papadopoulos. When he showed up at the airport and they arrested him only to realize that he didn't have the money they expected him to have, they had to scramble to come up with another excuse to hold and question him.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ria-bartiromo/

This is the kind of thing you world laugh at as implausible if it happened in a movie, but this is real life.
                            What a bunch of hogwash. Do you ever fact check anything that Breitbart feeds you, MM? Papadopolous's arrest at Dulles had nothing to do with money laundering, he was arrested at Dulles and charged with lying to the FBI in January 2017 concerning his contacts with pro-Russian advocates and with obstruction of justice for shutting down his facebook page one day after the FBI interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                              What a bunch of hogwash. Do you ever fact check anything that Breitbart feeds you, MM? Papadopolous's arrest at Dulles had nothing to do with money laundering, he was arrested at Dulles and charged with lying to the FBI in January 2017 concerning his contacts with pro-Russian advocates and with obstruction of justice for shutting down his facebook page one day after the FBI interview.
                              Did you even bother to read the source? That was the excuse they came up with AFTER Papadopoulos outsmarted them by leaving the incriminating cash with a lawyer friend in Greece.

I've said this before, but it's worth repeating: none of this is guesswork or speculation. We know for fact how it all went down.

Comment

Did you even bother to read the source? That was the excuse they came up with AFTER Papadopoulos outsmarted them by leaving the incriminating cash with a lawyer friend in Greece.

I've said this before, but it's worth repeating: none of this is guesswork or speculation. We know for fact how it all went down.
                                But it's not a crime to receive $10k. So what would the crime have been if he had the money on him?

And he admitted that he received the money so why would he need to have the money on him when they arrested him? Why can't they just arrest him now?

Totally lost on this one.

Comment