Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I'm not interested in trying to bring the uninformed up to speed on this stuff.
    aka. you have no support for your claims.

As predicted

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Of course he doesn't, but MM won't let that stop him, he's very susceptible to fake news. The corrupt Atty General, though he makes a lot of false assertions, has been trying to find something, anything, for nearly 4 years now and can't seem to come up with anything.
      Barr has been Attorney General since May 2019 or just a bit over a year. During the first part of the Trump presidency, he was out of government.

Remember Trump's first AG? That was Jeff Sessions.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
        aka. you have no support for your claims.
        If you really want to know, I suggest you start with page one of this thread and read every one of my posts, including the numerous links I've helpfully provided. I just looked over the first 25 pages or so as a quick refresher, and there's some good stuff there. Very informative.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'm not interested in trying to bring the uninformed up to speed on this stuff. If you really want to know, I suggest you start with page one of this thread and read every one of my posts, including the numerous links I've helpfully provided. I just looked over the first 10 pages or so as a quick refresher, and there's some good stuff there. Very informative.
          Your link in the first page.
          Summary of the parts implicating Obama.

Jan 5 : Comey has a meeting with Obama in the White House. Obama is informed about the Flynn investigation to which he advised Comey to make sure everything is done ‘by the book’.

The end.

I think Obama might get away with this.

Is lying to the FBI a crime?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
            Barr has been Attorney General since May 2019 or just a bit over a year. During the first part of the Trump presidency, he was out of government.

Sheesh. Are you deliberately trying to confuse little jimmy with facts?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
              Summary of the parts implicating Obama.

Jan 5 : Comey has a meeting with Obama in the White House. Obama is informed about the Flynn investigation to which he advised Comey to make sure everything is done ‘by the book’.

The end.

I think Obama might get away with this.

Is lying to the FBI a crime?
              "by the book."

A phrase that peppers Susan Rice's notes written much later since it is something someone naturally has to emphasize over and over (well maybe if the SOP is to do something shady and illegal and you have to make a point that isn't going to be what is done this time).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

More specifically, they, the Trump administration, have been accusing Obama for nearly 4 years. Barr, who suggested the same in his congressional hearing, just continued the process.
                Last edited by JimL; 08-03-2020, 03:25 PM.

Comment

If you really want to know, I suggest you start with page one of this thread
                  Nah. You'd support your claims if you could.

But you can't

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                    Yep. Keep reading. I posted a lot of good information throughout this thread. It's worth your time if you really want to understand what's going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      "by the book."

A phrase that peppers Susan Rice's notes written much later since it is something someone naturally has to emphasize over and over (well maybe if the SOP is to do something shady and illegal and you have to make a point that isn't going to be what is done this time).
                      She wrote an email to herself putting that phrase in Obama's mouth literally minutes before leaving the White House on the day Trump was inaugurated.

This did two things: 1) It placed the blame squarely on Obama if things went South; and 2) It excused their lies, because according to the "book", law enforcement can lie to the subject of an investigation.

Only they never expected anybody to dig far enough to call the predicate into question. As it turns out, they never had a legitimate reason to investigate General Flynn, and they all knew it, so the "book" gives them zero cover here.

"Schemes within schemes" was the phrase author Frank Herbert used in his DUNE series.
                      Last edited by Mountain Man; 08-03-2020, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Like I said in another thread, you obviously haven't kept up with the facts. I suggest you start on the first page of this thread read the whole thing if you want the nitty gritty, but the short version is that if Sullivan the Corrupt were to sentence General Flynn today, it would be for literally nothing. The charges he pleaded guilty to were withdrawn by the Department of Justice due to overwhelming evidence that the FBI and the Obama White House (including current presidential candidate Handsy Joe Biden) conspired against the General to coerce him into pleading guilty to a crime they knew he didn't commit. So now we're in a situation where a defendant has pleaded guilty to currently non-existent charges. If Sullivan had even an ounce of integrity, he would have accepted the motion to dismiss the second it was presented.
                        Sullivan can smell the stench of Barr's interference in the case as well as anyone.

I don't know that Sullivan can actually do anything about it, but I certainly can't blame him for trying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                          Sullivan can smell the stench of Barr's interference in the case as well as anyone.
                          Justice is a "stench" to someone as corrupt and politically motivated as Sullivan. Attorney General Barr is at least doing the right thing, although I'm not entirely certain of his motivations.

Comment

Justice is a "stench" to someone as corrupt and politically motivated as Sullivan.
                            And Trump. And Barr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                              And Trump. And Barr.
                              It's a common symptom of the cult member to lose their sense of smell, so to speak, when it comes to their master.

Comment

Justice is a "stench" to someone as corrupt and politically motivated as Sullivan. Attorney General Barr is at least doing the right thing, although I'm not entirely certain of his motivations.
                                Barr is not doing the right thing. He's doing what Trump wants him to do.

Comment