Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Right, so no evidence that this is being directed by the President, just your own paranoid delusions.
    Okay, well maybe you are not pretending then.

Comment

It is the judge's role to enforce the rules of the courtroom and impartially determine guilt or innocence in accordance with the law.
      A judge's role is much less limited than how you've characterized it. He get set verdicts aside, he can invalidate entire trials, he can determine which evidence to allow and which to exclude, he can force a prosecutor or advocate out of the trial, etc. All of those things are part of the "rules of the courtroom" (which is a phrase that's so vague, it's almost meaningless)

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      When he refuses an uncontested motion to dismiss and then starts shopping for prosecutors to make a case against the defendant for him, he's crossed way over the line
      According to you. Unfortunately for your argument, a judge can do exactly what you've described and still be well within the role judges are supposed to play.

Comment

• Remember that Flynn is guilty; just as he told you himself. Everything else is political shenanigans, and very serious corruption at the head of the Justice Dept., where special favours are given to Trump’s criminal pals.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Here's an excellent summary of the case for the slow kids in the class...

Flynn’s interview with the FBI was predicated on zero evidence of wrongdoing. Still, the agents felt he didn’t lie to them. Comey was fired, Robert Mueller stepped in and took over the investigation, and rehashed the Flynn angle even though the FBI was about to wrap it up. Mueller’s team put the screws to Flynn, threatening his family with financial ruin, which led to him pleading guilty to “lying to the FBI” charges.

On top of that, the judge in his case, Sullivan, accused him of treason and then refused to drop the case after the DOJ under William Barr filed a motion to dismiss the criminal case against Flynn, noting the lengthy history of misconduct at the FBI. Sullivan opted to continue this circus act, allow anti-Trump lawyers to file amicus briefs, and tap a retired judge to fight the DOJ motion. The courtroom had run amok.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...iasco-n2571457

Jonathan Turkey notes with a sense of irony that it was Dirty Sullivan's decision in December to delay sentencing that unwittingly gave Flynn and his legal team the time they needed to expose the FBI's corrupt handling of the case. If the dirty judge had simply pushed forward with sentencing then all of this would have probably been swept under the rug.
          Last edited by Mountain Man; 06-27-2020, 07:53 AM.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Here's an excellent summary of the case for the slow kids in the class...

Flynn’s interview with the FBI was predicated on zero evidence of wrongdoing. Still, the agents felt he didn’t lie to them. Comey was fired, Robert Mueller stepped in and took over the investigation, and rehashed the Flynn angle even though the FBI was about to wrap it up. Mueller’s team put the screws to Flynn, threatening his family with financial ruin, which led to him pleading guilty to “lying to the FBI” charges.

On top of that, the judge in his case, Sullivan, accused him of treason and then refused to drop the case after the DOJ under William Barr filed a motion to dismiss the criminal case against Flynn, noting the lengthy history of misconduct at the FBI. Sullivan opted to continue this circus act, allow anti-Trump lawyers to file amicus briefs, and tap a retired judge to fight the DOJ motion. The courtroom had run amok.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...iasco-n2571457

Jonathan Turkey notes with a sense of irony that it was Dirty Sullivan's decision in December to delay sentencing that unwittingly gave Flynn and his legal team the time they needed to expose the FBI's corrupt handling of the case. If the dirty judge had simply pushed forward with sentencing then all of this would have probably been swept under the rug.
            Turley is a political hack, always has been, and so are the propagandists that you constantly cite. Flynn did the deed, admitted to doing the deed, and a corrupt Administration, the DOJ no less, is undermining the rule of law in order to help Trumps allies and punish his enemies. Dictator!

Comment

• Conservatives don’t care about the law:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/ugly-day-justice-department
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                Conservatives don’t care about the law:

I confess that I often don't have the time/inclination to read through this blog's entries, and I regret it. Lawfareblog has been excellent every single time I've put the effort into reading its detailed articles. I've even seen a few of its staff appear on cable news as analysts. It's clearly got well-deserved credibility.

This article is no exception. Thanks for posting it, even though it makes me sad/angry about the state of my country's justice system.

Comment

The joke here is that you must think liberals do...
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

LOLfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      The joke here is that you must think liberals do...
                      The other joke is that LOLfare's analysis and predictions have been almost universally wrong. They're affiliated with the Democrat party and have been hired by party luminaries like Nancy "Where am I?" Pelosi, "Shifty" Adam Schiff, and Jerry "I'll be at the buffet if you need me" Nadler in their repeated schemes to have President Trump removed from office. LOLfare's goal, of course, is to promote liberal propaganda under the guise of legal analysis and to look for legal loopholes through which Democrats can sneak their dirty agenda through...

Not enough people understand the role of the Lawfare group in the corruption and political weaponization of the DOJ, FBI and larger intelligence community.

What Media Matters is to corrupt left-wing media, the Lawfare group is to the corrupt DOJ and FBI.

All of the headline names around the seditious conspiracy against Donald Trump assemble within the network of the Lawfare group.

Three days after the October 21st, 2016, FISA warrant was obtained, Benjamin Wittes outlined the insurance policy approach.

FBI Director James Comey, FBI Legal Counsel James Baker, Comey memo recepient Daniel Richman, Deputy AG Sally Yates, Comey friend Benjamin Wittes, FBI lead agent Peter Strzok, FBI counsel Lisa Page, Mueller lead Andrew Weissmann and the Mueller team of lawyers, all of them -and more- are connected to the Lawfare group; and this network provides the sounding board for all of the weaponized approaches, including the various new legal theories as outlined within the Weissmann-Mueller Report.

The Lawfare continuum is very simple. The corrupt 2015 Clinton exoneration; which became the corrupt 2016 DOJ/FBI Trump investigation; which became the corrupt 2017 DOJ/FBI Mueller probe; is currently the 2019 “impeachment” plan. Weissmann and Mueller delivering their report evolved the plan from corrupt legal theory into corrupt political targeting. Every phase within the continuum holds the same goal.

[...]

After the 2018 mid-terms, and in preparation for the “impeachment” strategy, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff and House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler hired Lawfare Group members to become committee staff. Chairman Schiff hired former SDNY U.S. Attorney Daniel Goldman (link), and Chairman Nadler hired Obama Administration lawyer Norm Eisen and criminal defense attorney Barry Berke (link), all are within the Lawfare network.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...oven-innocent/

Remember, the entire Russian collusion investigation hoax, and the Ukrainian phonecall impeachment scam was spearheaded by LOLfare.

Comment

• On May 12, former Vice President Joe Biden said he was "unaware" of the Obama era case and spying, known as "Crossfire Razor," against General Michael Flynn during an interview with ABC News Anchor George Stephanopoulos. When pressed, Biden changed his story, saying he was aware of an investigation but nothing more.

"I know nothing about those moves to investigate Michael Flynn,” Biden first said.

"I was aware that there was...that they asked for an investigation, but that’s all I know about it, and I don’t think anything else," he attempted to clarify.

We first knew this statement was untrue when declassified documents, released in May, showed Biden as one of the Obama administration officials who unmasked Flynn during the 2016/2017 presidential transition period.

Now, we have additional verification Biden's statement to ABC News was completely false. Not only did Biden know about the details of the Flynn investigation, he was suggesting ideas about how to go after him through the Logan Act. In other words, guiding the FBI and DOJ about how to nail Flynn with criminal charges.

[...]

The question now is whether Biden will be held accountable for the discrepancies of his statements. He should be asked about whether he plans, as President, to corruptly use the power of the federal government to go after his political enemies as members of the Obama administration regularly did.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...flynn-n2571343

I expect that if Biden is asked about this by the mainstream media, he'll be allowed to get away with a "He was just some guy in my neighborhood" type answer, like Obama was allowed to get away with when asked about his close friendship with a domestic terrorist.

But you can be sure Trump will bring it up during the debates. That should be fun to watch.

Comment

On May 12, former Vice President Joe Biden said he was "unaware" of the Obama era case and spying, known as "Crossfire Razor," against General Michael Flynn during an interview with ABC News Anchor George Stephanopoulos. When pressed, Biden changed his story, saying he was aware of an investigation but nothing more.

"I know nothing about those moves to investigate Michael Flynn,” Biden first said.

"I was aware that there was...that they asked for an investigation, but that’s all I know about it, and I don’t think anything else," he attempted to clarify.

We first knew this statement was untrue when declassified documents, released in May, showed Biden as one of the Obama administration officials who unmasked Flynn during the 2016/2017 presidential transition period.

Now, we have additional verification Biden's statement to ABC News was completely false. Not only did Biden know about the details of the Flynn investigation, he was suggesting ideas about how to go after him through the Logan Act. In other words, guiding the FBI and DOJ about how to nail Flynn with criminal charges.

[...]

The question now is whether Biden will be held accountable for the discrepancies of his statements. He should be asked about whether he plans, as President, to corruptly use the power of the federal government to go after his political enemies as members of the Obama administration regularly did.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...flynn-n2571343

I expect that if Biden is asked about this by the mainstream media, he'll be allowed to get away with a "He was just some guy in my neighborhood" type answer, like Obama was allowed to get away with when asked about his close friendship with a domestic terrorist.

But you can be sure Trump will bring it up during the debates. That should be fun to watch.
                          The groundwork is being laid to cancel any debates.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            The groundwork is being laid to cancel any debates.
                            Because the Dems know Biden will get crushed. He can't speak without his notes. Once Trump gets him off his prepared points, it's going to get ugly. So, keep Biden from debates and just publicize his prepared statements. Make Joe likeable...
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Evidence that Trump sent in his honorable attorney general to interfere with court proceedings?
                              I haven’t read into it but isn’t there currently two whistleblowers for this exact thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                                I haven’t read into it but isn’t there currently two whistleblowers for this exact thing?
                                I think you misspelled "rumormongers".

Comment