Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump won Texas by 9% in 2016 and the population only grows about 1.3% per year and that includes children and other non voters so the fact that he is down in the polls by up to 5%, according to the latest Univ. of Texas poll, has little to do with population growth. Trump is also down in Florida and Arizona. Apparently some Trumpsters are honest enough with themselves to admit to the fact that they've made a big mistake.
    Last edited by JimL; 07-13-2020, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Trump won Texas by 9% in 2016 and the population only grows about 1.3% per year and that includes children and other non voters so the fact that he is down in the polls by up to 5%, according to the latest Univ. of Texas poll, has little to do with population growth. Trump is also down in Florida and Arizona. Apparently some Trumpsters are honest enough with themselves to admit to the fact that they've made a big mistake.
      Polls.... snicker.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Polls.... snicker.
        That is what's being discussed, Bill.

Comment

Polls.... snicker.
          It's like a child who heard someone praised for saying something smart one time who just keeps repeating that same thing over and over. RWNJs want all the praise without doing any of the work of understanding the matters about which they opine.

I guess ODB is done trying to "prove" whatever his point was about why Texas is in play in 2020.

Comment

That is what's being discussed, Bill.
            Actually, the topic of the thread is Michael Flynn, not polls.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
              It's like a child who heard someone praised for saying something smart one time who just keeps repeating that same thing over and over. RWNJs want all the praise without doing any of the work of understanding the matters about which they opine.

I guess ODB is done trying to "prove" whatever his point was about why Texas is in play in 2020.
              Texas is in play because demographics there are changing. It isn't rocket science.

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/02...in-high-trump/
              That's what
              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Texas is in play because demographics there are changing. It isn't rocket science.

Polls....snicker.

Comment

Polls....snicker.
                  Exactly. But it's the only language you idiots seem to speak.
                  That's what
                  - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Just like where I live you have a large number of people moving in to escape high taxes, failing infrastructure and the effects of encroaching government but then vote for the same %#@%$ that brought about those problems in the first place.

What was that definition for insanity again?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So your response is that Texas is only in play because it's permanently going blue. You sure pwned me, bro.

Comment

So your response is that Texas is only in play because it's permanently going blue. You sure pwned me, bro.
                        Yes. It's just another in a long line of TrumpOCD reactions. It has nothing to do with Trump. Pointing out your and others' TrumpOCD is like shooting fish in a barrel.
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Yes. It's just another in a long line of TrumpOCD reactions. It has nothing to do with Trump. Pointing out your and others' TrumpOCD is like shooting fish in a barrel.
                          All I really care is that Trump and his supporters are out of power. The exact reason isn't very important to me. That it is due to demographic reasons is only more likely to lock in those gains long term.

But I am curious, your article from 3 months ago said Texas wouldn't go blue. Now it is clearly in danger of going blue. How can that be since demographic changes can't possibly explain that change over a 3 month period?

Comment

All I really care is that Trump and his supporters are out of power. The exact reason isn't very important to me. That it is due to demographic reasons is only more likely to lock in those gains long term.

But I am curious, your article from 3 months ago said Texas wouldn't go blue. Now it is clearly in danger of going blue. How can that be since demographic changes can't possibly explain that change over a 3 month period?
                            I still don't think it's in any real danger of going blue yet. I think the polls are just wrong.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1ff_story.html

Comment

• The SCOTUS will overturn Sullivan's idiocy if the full court doesn't do their job.
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment