Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm honestly surprised this is still a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
      1) So we now have hard proof that he spoke about sanctions (and *he* raised the issue!)
      That was never a point of dispute.

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
      2) We agree when he denied having done so he was saying something that wasn't true to the FBI
      False. He never denied it. He said he wasn't sure

Like I said, less than a nothing burger.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        That was never a point of dispute.
        I'm just listing all the data.

False. He never denied it. He said he wasn't sure

Like I said, less than a nothing burger.
        Here is from the files just declassified

FLYNN: Yeah. Yeah, yeah. I understand. Okay, um, okay. Listen, uh, a couple of things. Number one, what I would ask you guys to do - and make sure you, make sure that you convey this, okay? - do not, do not uh, allow this administration to box us in, right now, okay?

Because I can't copy and paste from Flynn's 302 the relevant part for reasons unknown to me you'll have to read the first full paragraph on page 5 for yourself here.

And, for the record, you don't release news which exonerates you on a Friday night.

Comment

• Because I hate myself I checked blightbart (no front page coverage) and conservative outhouse, which has a miniscule writeup.

Compare this coverage to the breathless on and on about the FBI 302s and you can see for yourself which is more spinnable.

Comment

I'm just listing all the data.

Here is from the files just declassified

FLYNN: Yeah. Yeah, yeah. I understand. Okay, um, okay. Listen, uh, a couple of things. Number one, what I would ask you guys to do - and make sure you, make sure that you convey this, okay? - do not, do not uh, allow this administration to box us in, right now, okay?

Because I can't copy and paste from Flynn's 302 the relevant part for reasons unknown to me you'll have to read the first full paragraph on page 5 for yourself here.

And, for the record, you don't release news which exonerates you on a Friday night.
            Right, Flynn never denied it, he just said he wasn't sure if he had discussed sanctions or not, and the agents originally said they believed he was truthful. This was all discussed earlier in the thread.

Comment

Right, Flynn never denied it, he just said he wasn't sure if he had discussed sanctions or not, and the agents originally said they believed he was truthful. This was all discussed earlier in the thread.
              Then what did he admit to lying to? Oh, he forgot that too, right?

Comment

Because I hate myself I checked blightbart (no front page coverage) and conservative outhouse, which has a miniscule writeup.

Compare this coverage to the breathless on and on about the FBI 302s and you can see for yourself which is more spinnable.
                I keep telling you it's a nothing-burger story. You want spin? Go look at the MSM breathlessly trying to pretend this is some smoking gun revelation when it doesn't reveal anything we didn't already know two-years ago.

But keep checking the Last Refuge. Sundance should have some sober-minded and factual analysis up in a few days that will be worth your time to read.

Comment

I keep telling you it's a nothing-burger story. You want spin? Go look at the MSM breathlessly trying to pretend this is some smoking gun revelation when it doesn't reveal anything we didn't already know two-years ago.

But keep checking the Last Refuge. Sundance should have some sober-minded and factual analysis up in a few days that will be worth your time to read.
                  flynn_lied.jpg

Here's the relevant highlight from the 302. He said he didn't remember having any such conversation with Circle K. This topic came up in multiple conversations and was clearly very important to Flynn every time it did. It is just so implausible that Flynn might not remember any of this on the *24th*, just 4 days after the inauguration, right after the important video call he had arranged between Trump and Putin, and right before this important security summit his team was going to attend with the Russians.

Worse (for you), these call logs provide clear justification for keeping the Flynn investigation open and to interview him on January 24th.

That *anyone* in the Trump administration thought these transcripts help Flynn boggles the mind. That you do... makes perfect sense actually.
                  Last edited by DivineOb; 05-29-2020, 11:24 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45141[/ATTACH]

Here's the relevant highlight from the 302. He said he didn't remember having any such conversation with Circle K. This topic came up in multiple conversations and was clearly very important to Flynn every time it did. It is just so implausible that Flynn might not remember any of this on the *24th*, just 4 days after the inauguration, right after the important video call he had arranged between Trump and Putin, and right before this important security summit his team was going to attend with the Russians.

Worse (for you), these call logs provide clear justification for keeping the Flynn investigation open and to interview him on January 24th.

That *anyone* in the Trump administration thought these transcripts help Flynn boggles the mind. That you do... makes perfect sense actually.
                    Right, his answer was uncertain, not outright denial: "Not really. I don't remember." And the transcripts show the usual perfectly legal diplomatic back-and-forth, which is why the FBI was ready to close the case, because there was nothing to it, and you can see that for yourself now that the transcripts have been released. Of course that was before Stzork, Comey, Rice, Obama, and other bad actors conspired to frame an innocent man.

Comment

Right, his answer was uncertain, not outright denial: "Not really. I don't remember." And the transcripts show the usual perfectly legal diplomatic back-and-forth, which is why the FBI was ready to close the case, because there was nothing to it, and you can see that for yourself now that the transcripts have been released. Of course that was before Stzork, Comey, Rice, Obama, and other bad actors conspired to frame an innocent man.
                      It's right there in the transcript, MM.. He didn't say he didn't remember anything, he said, "not really, "I don't remember, it wasn't don't do anything." Which is exactly right, he didn't ask Kislyak to not do anything, he was asking them to be moderate in their response, and then the Russians did just that. In other words he was encouraging Kislyak not to escalate the situation, and his "no not really" response" to the FBI was a lie. was a lie. Flynn was undermining current U.S. policy. But then he went and lied to VP Pence about it saying he never made any such deal with the Russians which made him a security risk as well because the Russians knew otherwise.
                      Last edited by JimL; 05-30-2020, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        It's right there in the transcript, MM.. He didn't say he didn't remember anything, he said, "not really, "I don't remember, it wasn't don't do anything." Which is exactly right, he didn't ask Kislyak to not do anything, he was asking them to be moderate in their response, and then the Russians did just that. In other words he was encouraging Kislyak not to escalate the situation, and his "no not really" response" to the FBI was a lie. was a lie. Flynn was undermining current U.S. policy. But then he went and lied to VP Pence about it saying he never made any such deal with the Russians which made him a security risk as well because the Russians knew otherwise.
                        Right, he couldn't remember exactly what he had said and expressed uncertainty (I forget where I read it, but apparently he even offered to let the agents review the transcripts because he wasn't sure, but they declined -- probably because they already had them). It was not an outright denial, which is what the FBI later falsely claimed.

Comment

Right, he couldn't remember exactly what he had said and expressed uncertainty (I forget where I read it, but apparently he even offered to let the agents review the transcripts because he wasn't sure, but they declined -- probably because they already had them). It was not an outright denial, which is what the FBI later falsely claimed.
                          Flynn obviously remembered the call, and he obviously remembered in that call that he didn't ask them "to do nothing", so he obviously remembered that he asked them to do something, and that something could only be to have encouraged Kislyak to be moderate in their response, i.e. he asked them to do something. The FBI asked him if he recalled that, and he said in response to that question, "no, not really" That was a lie. And then they continued the case because he told the same lie (so Pence says) to VP Pence.

Comment

Let's take a short digression to nail down a different point then come back to this. Do we agree that the transcripts show that the FBI did indeed have a legit reason to keep the investigation into Flynn open?

Comment

Let's take a short digression to nail down a different point then come back to this. Do we agree that the transcripts show that the FBI did indeed have a legit reason to keep the investigation into Flynn open?
                              False. That's why the FBI was in the process of closing the investigation until corrupt officials intervened and conspired to frame the good General.

Comment

False. That's why the FBI was in the process of closing the investigation until corrupt officials intervened and conspired to frame the good General.
                                So if we can't even agree on that then the rest of the discussion is bound to be fruitless.

I do find it a bit odd that conservative outhouse still doesn't have their "in depth" analysis of these logs up if they truly are exculpatory...

Comment