Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As expected:
    The court’s brief order set oral arguments for Aug. 11. The decision to rehear the case before a full complement of judges wipes out the June ruling from a three-judge panel that ordered Sullivan to immediately dismiss the case and said Sullivan was wrong to appoint a retired federal judge to argue against the government’s move to undo Flynn’s guilty plea.
    We should hear from Andrew shortly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...e0d_story.html
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Additional evidence conclusively proving Flynn's innocence has since come to light, so it will be interesting to see if the court does the right thing. We can hope, but there's no telling with liberal judges who will happily ignore the law in favor of politics.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Additional evidence conclusively proving Flynn's innocence has since come to light, so it will be interesting to see if the court does the right thing. We can hope, but there's no telling with liberal judges who will happily ignore the law in favor of politics.
        That’s not what this is about.

The order from the court Thursday suggests that the judges are seeking a narrowly focused argument on the question of whether Flynn should have waited to appeal until after Sullivan rendered a decision. The court told lawyers on both sides to be prepared at oral argument to address whether Flynn had “no other adequate means to attain the relief” he sought from the appeals court.
        Last edited by firstfloor; 07-31-2020, 07:06 AM.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• The problem is that Sullivan the Corrupt has indicated that he plans to act as judge, jury, and executioner after the DOJ rightfully dropped the charges against the good general, so the fact that the case wasn't immediately dismissed is a miscarriage of justice in and of itself.

Of course this case isn't about prosecuting Flynn as much as it is about protecting Barack Obama.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            That’s not what this is about.
            Looks like this could go on a while, with the full appeals court letting Sullivan decide whether or not to accept the dropping of Flynn's guilty plea, and Sullivan possibly deciding not to, in which case it gets appealed again...

Comment

The problem is that Sullivan the Corrupt has indicated that he plans to act as judge, jury, and executioner after the DOJ rightfully dropped the charges against the good general, so the fact that the case wasn't immediately dismissed is a miscarriage of justice in and of itself.
              No jury required with a guilty plea, and no executioner required for someone guilty of lying to the FBI.

Of course this case isn't about prosecuting Flynn as much as it is about protecting Barack Obama.
              Yeah, right.

Comment

• That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                  No jury required with a guilty plea, and no executioner required for someone guilty of lying to the FBI.
                  Like I said in another thread, you obviously haven't kept up with the facts. I suggest you start on the first page of this thread read the whole thing if you want the nitty gritty, but the short version is that if Sullivan the Corrupt were to sentence General Flynn today, it would be for literally nothing. The charges he pleaded guilty to were withdrawn by the Department of Justice due to overwhelming evidence that the FBI and the Obama White House (including current presidential candidate Handsy Joe Biden) conspired against the General to coerce him into pleading guilty to a crime they knew he didn't commit. So now we're in a situation where a defendant has pleaded guilty to currently non-existent charges. If Sullivan had even an ounce of integrity, he would have accepted the motion to dismiss the second it was presented.

Comment

Like I said in another thread, you obviously haven't kept up with the facts. I suggest you start on the first page of this thread read the whole thing if you want the nitty gritty, but the short version is that if Sullivan the Corrupt were to sentence General Flynn today, it would be for literally nothing. The charges he pleaded guilty to were withdrawn by the Department of Justice due to overwhelming evidence that the FBI and the Obama White House (including current presidential candidate Handsy Joe Biden) conspired against the General to coerce him into pleading guilty to a crime they knew he didn't commit. So now we're in a situation where a defendant has pleaded guilty to currently non-existent charges. If Sullivan had even an ounce of integrity, he would have accepted the motion to dismiss the second it was presented.
                    That's the spin from the the Atty General, MM. The truth is Flynn pled guilty to lying, because he knew he was busted and the corrupt Attorney General intervened on behalf of the President just like he did in the stone case and in the Mueller report. Had there been a few more principled Republicans in the Senate Trump would, and should have been, ousted long ago. Now you have the makings of a banana republic with a President who, while attempting to rig the election and sow doubt as to it's legitimacy, thinks he can postpone it as well, which he can't do.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      That's the spin from the the Atty General, MM. The truth is Flynn pled guilty to lying, because he knew he was busted and the corrupt Attorney General intervened on behalf of the President just like he did in the stone case and in the Mueller report. Had there been a few more principled Republicans in the Senate Trump would, and should have been, ousted long ago. Now you have the makings of a banana republic with a President who, while attempting to rig the election and sow doubt as to it's legitimacy, thinks he can postpone it as well, which he can't do.
                      You have stock in aluminum foil, don't you?
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          Yep, might as well make some money off the dunces.

Comment

Do you have a link to this overwhelming evidence that implicates Obama?

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                              Of course he doesn't, but MM won't let that stop him, he's very susceptible to fake news. The corrupt Atty General, though he makes a lot of false assertions, has been trying to find something, anything, for nearly 4 years now and can't seem to come up with anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                                I'm not interested in trying to bring the uninformed up to speed on this stuff. If you really want to know, I suggest you start with page one of this thread and read every one of my posts, including the numerous links I've helpfully provided. I just looked over the first 10 pages or so as a quick refresher, and there's some good stuff there. Very informative.

Comment