Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Air head duly noted.
    At least I'm not a vacuum head like you!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Any judge on the court could have requested a full hearing, but none of them was willing to stick his neck out for Dirty Sullivan, so the corrupt judge had to request it himself.
      Quoting from here (let's assume that the 9th circuit is typical of all such jurisdictions).

In an average year inthe Ninth Circuit, there are approximately 1,500 requests by parties for rehearing en banc. Typically, there are approximately fifty requests each year by a judge for a vote on whether to rehear the case en banc. On the average, the Ninth Circuit hears between 15-25 en banc cases a year.

So it's far less common for a judge to request the en banc rehearing than one of the parties. One might wonder about the psychology of one so willing to smear the reputation of a judge without doing a minimal amount of research first.
      Last edited by DivineOb; 07-10-2020, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Michael Flynn's defense team says new DOJ documents contain 'shocking exculpatory evidence'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mic...atory-evidence
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
          Quoting from here (let's assume that the 9th circuit is typical of all such jurisdictions).

In an average year inthe Ninth Circuit, there are approximately 1,500 requests by parties for rehearing en banc. Typically, there are approximately fifty requests each year by a judge for a vote on whether to rehear the case en banc. On the average, the Ninth Circuit hears between 15-25 en banc cases a year.

So it's far less common for a judge to request the en banc rehearing than one of the parties. One might wonder about the psychology of one so willing to smear the reputation of a judge without doing a minimal amount of research first.
          Like I said, none of the judges were willing to stick their neck out for Sullivan the Corrupt.

As for "smearing" Sullivan's reputation, he's doing quite a good job dragging himself through the mud.
          Last edited by Mountain Man; 07-11-2020, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
            Michael Flynn's defense team says new DOJ documents contain 'shocking exculpatory evidence'

Yep, that's actually old news. The agents who originally ambushed General Flynn said he didn't lie, and the FBI was in the process of closing the case when Comey et al with the blessing of Obama and Biden cooked up a scheme to frame the general for a crime that was never committed.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
              Michael Flynn's defense team says new DOJ documents contain 'shocking exculpatory evidence'

I don't see any new evidence there, seer. Flynn is guilty, he pled guilty twice and took full responsibility for his guilt. I wouldn't worry yourself though, if the corrupt Trump DOJ doesn't get him off, the corrupt Trump will pardon him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Evidence that Trump sent in his honorable attorney general to interfere with court proceedings?
                I know you're not stupid MM, you're just corrupt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                  Again, there is no way you can be this misinformed.
                  Keep it up. You could play for Average Joe's!
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Keep it up. You could play for Average Joe's!
                    Trump is going to lose Texas to a man you RWNJs claim is suffering from severe dementia. What a loser Trump must be.

Comment

Trump is going to lose Texas to a man you RWNJs claim is suffering from severe dementia. What a loser Trump must be.
                      Sure he is....
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Sure he is....
                        The fact that Texas is even up for debate to a dementia addled man hiding in his basement is already damning enough. Falling just short of total humiliation is not exactly a great achievement.

Comment

The fact that Texas is even up for debate to a dementia addled man hiding in his basement is already damning enough. Falling just short of total humiliation is not exactly a great achievement.
                          https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/usappblog/20...lue-this-year/

Texas has a rapidly growing population, especially of the Latino demographic. This growth has seen both Dallas and Houston grow by more than a million over the last decade (with similarly high growth rates for State Capital Austin) and fed into the close call (engendered at least in part by a shift to a more urbanised electorate) that almost saw Democrat Beto O’Rourke defeat an incumbent Republican, Junior US Senator Ted Cruz, in 2018. Yet, the Covid-19 pandemic, along with the benefits resulting from Republican incumbency at both the federal and state level, mean Joe Biden is unlikely to swing Texas into the Democratic camp in 2020.
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/usappblog/20...lue-this-year/

Texas has a rapidly growing population, especially of the Latino demographic. This growth has seen both Dallas and Houston grow by more than a million over the last decade (with similarly high growth rates for State Capital Austin) and fed into the close call (engendered at least in part by a shift to a more urbanised electorate) that almost saw Democrat Beto O’Rourke defeat an incumbent Republican, Junior US Senator Ted Cruz, in 2018. Yet, the Covid-19 pandemic, along with the benefits resulting from Republican incumbency at both the federal and state level, mean Joe Biden is unlikely to swing Texas into the Democratic camp in 2020.
                            An article from 3 months ago which predates all the recent polling showing a tied / Biden leaning race?! Color me convinced :lolololololol:

traitors.jpg
                            Last edited by DivineOb; 07-13-2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

An article from 3 months ago which predates all the recent polling showing a tied / Biden leaning race?! Color me convinced :lolololololol:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46604[/ATTACH]
                              Do you think 3 months will change the fact that "Texas has a rapidly growing population, especially of the Latino demographic"? So, the fact that Texas is getting a bit closer is to be expected. And acting like it is something else is just juvenile.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Do you think 3 months will change the fact that "Texas has a rapidly growing population, especially of the Latino demographic"? So, the fact that Texas is getting a bit closer is to be expected. And acting like it is something else is just juvenile.
                                So your point was that Texas is going to go blue not because Trump is a historically unpopular candidate but because demographic changes are going to put it, and thus, the presidency, permanently beyond the grasp of the Republican party?

Pyrrhic victory called. It wants its definition back.

dying.jpg

Comment