Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 602

Thread: DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

  1. #111
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,542
    Amen (Given)
    13983
    Amen (Received)
    28845
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Take it up with Trump


    Trump’s tweet: “I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!”
    Have you ever made a declaration that - after the facts came out - you wish you could take back?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  2. #112
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,104
    Amen (Given)
    23
    Amen (Received)
    490
    Satan is alive and well at the head of the Republican Party:
    
“With no legitimate prosecutorial basis, they’ve simply thrown away a conviction,” Sen. Richard Blumenthal (Conn.), a member of the Judiciary Committee and a former U.S. attorney and state attorney general, said in an interview. “It’s sad and outrageous for the justice system to be used in this way, for naked political ends and a coverup — and they’re obviously exploiting the pandemic as a means to distract from this.”
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  3. #113
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,542
    Amen (Given)
    13983
    Amen (Received)
    28845
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Satan is alive and well at the head of the Republican Party:
    Your boss claims to be a Republican? You realize he's rather infamous for lying, yes?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  4. #114
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,041
    Amen (Given)
    2248
    Amen (Received)
    1751
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You would do well to pitch that disreputable rag. I'm not sure it's even fit for lining the bottom of a bird cage.
    First off I don't read the post, my comments were my own direct response to the article you cited.
    What the liars at the Washington Post are not telling you is that the reason the "lies" supposedly told by General Flynn are not material is because there was no grounds for an investigation of any kind against the General. In other words, even if he did lie -- which the record shows he didn't -- but even if he did lie, it did not impede a legitimate investigation, or to put it in legal terms, the "lies" were not material.
    There was an ongoing investigation into the Russian interference and that would include Flynn and his conversations with Kislyak.
    In the motion below, the Justice Department stresses that “the citizen’s safety lies in the prosecutor who … seeks truth and not victims, who serves the law and not factional purposes, and who approaches [the] task with humility.” It also establishes that there was never a satisfaction of the materiality element to the criminal allegation:

    “In the case of Mr. Flynn, the evidence shows his statements were not “material” to any viable counterintelligence investigation—or any investigation for that matter—initiated by the FBI. Indeed, the FBI itself had recognized that it lacked sufficient basis to sustain its initial counterintelligence investigation by seeking to close that very investigation without even an interview of Mr. Flynn. See Ex. 1 at 4. Having repeatedly found “no derogatory information” on Mr. Flynn, id. at 2, the FBI’s draft “Closing Communication” made clear that the FBI had found no basis to “predicate further investigative efforts” into whether Mr. Flynn was being directed and controlled by a foreign power (Russia) in a manner that threatened U.S. national security or violated FARA or its related statutes, id. at 3.”

    It further notes that key figures like Andrew McCabe “cut off” objections to the overly aggressive pursuit of Flynn. It describes an effort of former Director James Comey, McCabe, and others to skip common protocols to bag Flynn at any cost on any grounds.

    While malicious prosecution cases are notoriously difficult to prove (particularly in a case with a voluntary plea), the motion reinforces the view of many of us that the Justice Department was engaged in a campaign to incriminate Flynn — a campaign that now appears entirely detached from both the evidence and legal standards supporting a criminal charge. Such a lawsuit could allow Flynn to pursue discovery into the motivations and actions of figures like McCabe.

    https://jonathanturley.org/2020/05/0...ps-flynn-case/
    First off, Turley is a political hack and always has been. That said, it's ridiculous to affirm that the Flynn statements were not material to the investigation, and they didn't seek to close, nor did they close, the investigation, they considered closing it without interviewing Flynn. But then they found that Flynn had also lied to the VP about his conversations with Kislyak and realized that the VP's public disclosure of that fact made Flynn a blackmail risk, he was compromised. They also later realized that it was the day after Flynns phone call, that the Russians publicly stated that they would not retaliate against the US for the sanctions imposed upon them by the Obama Administration. They then decided to interview Flynn. And He lied! As far as the edited notes that you think implicate wrongdoing on the part of the FBI, that has already been brought up in the court proceedings and rejected by Judge Sullivan. There is nothing in those notes that suggest what you say they suggest. i.e. that they falsified them and tricked Flynn into thinking he lied inhis earlier conversations with the FBI. To top that off, the Supreme Court has never held that the use of deception gives rise to a due process violation. You have a bunch of political hacks feeding you nonsense. Don't get your hopes up concerning dismissal. But, I'm sure this isn't about dismissal anyway, it's just an excuse to give Trump leeway to pardon Flynn. Watch for that!

  5. #115
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,041
    Amen (Given)
    2248
    Amen (Received)
    1751
    Atty General Barr was asked how he thought history would see him and he replied with smile, "the winners write the history." In other words his philosophy is might makes right, and he's not embarassed to admit it.

  6. #116
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,005
    Amen (Given)
    162
    Amen (Received)
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Have you ever made a declaration that - after the facts came out - you wish you could take back?
    I've never fired someone on the world stage and accused them of a felony without all the facts, no.

  7. #117
    tWebber NorrinRadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Wayne Township, PA
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,603
    Amen (Given)
    5421
    Amen (Received)
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Atty General Barr was asked how he thought history would see him and he replied with smile, "the winners write the history." In other words his philosophy is might makes right, and he's not embarassed to admit it.
    Those of us who are reasonably decent and intelligent interpret his words differently. We see that his concern is doing what he believes to be right, knowing that the judgment of history could go either way, and not worrying about that.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

    Beige Nationalist.

    "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

  8. Amen Mountain Man, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  9. #118
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,005
    Amen (Given)
    162
    Amen (Received)
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Those of us who are reasonably decent and intelligent interpret his words differently. We see that his concern is doing what he believes to be right, knowing that the judgment of history could go either way, and not worrying about that.
    So you don't know what "the winners write history" means?

    Edit: Removed quote I thought came from Leonardo Da Vinci but actually came from "The Da Vinci Code" :).

  10. #119
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,135
    Amen (Given)
    6616
    Amen (Received)
    12496
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    You lost me. With the exception of you I don't know of any RWNJ who I wouldn't also describe as a Trumper. And I'm not even sure you would be an RWNJ. But Sparko, MM, OBP, seanD, demi, seer, etc. all RWNJs and also all Trumpers.

    Ok, and to define Trumper -- a right winger who is unable or unwilling to honestly characterize the actions of Trump and the Trump administration to an extent which goes way beyond normal politics. E.g. defending Trumps "grab them by the [genitals]" quote as if it isn't readily obvious what it means.
    Whatever you were aiming for, you missed. Continue to badly mischaracterize me, and I'll continue to mostly ignore your contributions as not worth a response.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

  11. #120
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,804
    Amen (Given)
    6653
    Amen (Received)
    8234
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtfloor View Post
    Satan Santa is alive and well at the head of the Republican Party:
    santa-with-sleigh-wallpapers-2016.jpg
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  12. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •