Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Who cares what the liar and chief has to say about it, the facts, not the Breitbart alternate facts, but the facts speak for themselves.

This is Pence's explanation of what Flynn told him:

"They (Flynn and Kislyak) did not discuss anything having to do with the U.S decision to expel diplomats or impose censure against Russia." Lie.
    Yep. Notice that Pence doesn't say, "General Flynn told me that they did not discuss..." It was something that Pence had apparently inferred and then turned into a definitive statement. Later when it was found that Flynn had discussed it (which he had never actually denied), it made Pence look like a bit of a dope. I wish Pence had owned up to it and said he misspoke, but this was at the peak of "Russia! Russia! Russia!", and the Trump administration was forced to save face by firing the General.

Interestingly, in light of everything we know now, Pence says that he would welcome General Flynn back into the administration.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
      Here is a quote from Trump

It is absolutely unequivocal that Flynn lied both to the VP and the FBI. You can't put this cat back in the bag.
      Trump was wrong. I have no problem admitting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Yep. Notice that Pence doesn't say, "General Flynn told me that they did not discuss..." It was something that Pence had apparently inferred and then turned into a definitive statement. Later when it was found that Flynn had discussed it (which he had never actually denied), it made Pence look like a bit of a dope. I wish Pence had owned up to it and said he misspoke, but this was at the peak of "Russia! Russia! Russia!", and the Trump administration was forced to save face by firing the General.
        He was answering to exactly that question, i.e, Pence was asked what did Flynn tell you concerning his communications with Kislyak? And Flynn told him, according to Pence, that "they (Flynn and Kislyak) didn't discuss anything having to do with the U.S. decision to expel diplomats or to impose censure on Russia. That was a lie, because he absolutely did discuss exactly those things with Kislyak. How much clearer does it have to be spelled out for you before it gets through. I'm thinking it's an impossibility.
        Interestingly, in light of everything we know now, Pence says that he would welcome General Flynn back into the administration.

Of course Pence would be glad to have Flynn back, he's just as corrupt as his master. They only fired him in the first place because they couldn't spin the obvious at the time. He lied to the VP and the VP publicly admitted that he lied to him. Your spin on the matter is ridiculous. Your spin is that Flynn didn't tell Pence what Pence said that Flynn told him.

Comment

Trump was wrong. I have no problem admitting it.
          So nearly a year after the fact Trump still didn't know what the truth was? He didn't talk about this his VP about this in almost a year's time? Not even after Flynn resigned? Not even before or after speaking with Comey and asking him to let the Flynn matter go?

It's just so implausible.
          Last edited by DivineOb; 05-31-2020, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            He was answering to exactly that question, i.e, Pence was asked what did Flynn tell you concerning his communications with Kislyak? And Flynn told him, according to Pence, that "they (Flynn and Kislyak) didn't discuss anything having to do with the U.S. decision to expel diplomats or to impose censure on Russia.

Comment

• No, what Trump said, nearly a year after Flynn resigned and after Flynn pled guilty, was this.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                No, what Trump said, nearly a year after Flynn resigned and after Flynn pled guilty, was this.
                Yeah, that was a year ago. We've learned a lot more since then about just how dirty the FBI was in their dealings with Flynn.

Comment

Yeah, that was a year ago. We've learned a lot more since then about just how dirty the FBI was in their dealings with Flynn.
                  The problem is he said this

In February of 2017.

He said

in December of 2017. So he *came to believe* that Flynn had lied to the VP and the FBI *after* he said he merely wasn't forthcoming with the VP.

Comment

• Like I said, there is no amount of evidence that will ever convince you of the facts, because you are one of those people who live according to alternate facts. There was no lie of omission. When Flynn told Pence that he didn't discuss with Kislyak the expelling of diplomats or of the sanctions, THAT WAS A LIE! THAT IS WHY HE BECAME A SECURITY RISK. BECAUSE THE RUSSIANS KNEW IT WAS A LIE.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      When Flynn told Pence that he didn't discuss with Kislyak the expelling of diplomats or of the sanctions...

Comment

• Flynns answer was: "no, not really, it wasn't don't do anything." So he admitted talking to Kislyak, and lied saying, "no not really, it wasn't don't do anything." That was a lie, a lie which he repeated to Pence. Who cares what Pence or Trump says now, they're part of the cabal.

Comment

• OA's amicus brief is here:
                          http://openargs.com/wp-content/uploa...icus-Brief.pdf

Comment

• Interesting article from Conservative Treehouse:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...t-of-mandamus/

The gist is that the US courtrooms no longer operate as legal arenas but political ones, and only when all political avenues have been exhausted will a given case finally collapse under the weight of the law. But as long as there is political "runway", the politicians disguised as attorneys and judges will ride it to the end. It seems this pattern will play out to the full in the Flynn case. He will ultimately be exonerated because how can a judge deny an unopposed request to drop charges? But bad actors like Judge (Jury and Executioner) Sullian will get as much political mileage out of it as they can.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              Doesn't an amicus brief have to identify which party the brief is supporting? And if neither side is supporting prosecution then this was really nothing more than screaming into the wind.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Doesn't an amicus brief have to identify which party the brief is supporting? And if neither side is supporting prosecution then this was really nothing more than screaming into the wind.
                                OA394 starting at 13 minutes explains the workings.
                                We begin with a brief update on the Flynn trial (in the District Court for the District of Columbia) and the mandamus action pending in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.

Then, it's time to talk about all the various amicus briefs that were filed, with special attention to a pro-Flynn brief filed by the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Why does this liberal group want Judge Sullivan to grant the government's motion? Listen and find out!

After a breakdown of all the amicus, we talk about the case in which Lt. Gen. Flynn was supposed to be the star witness for the government -- the case against Flynn's partner, Bijan Rafiekian. Find out what's up next for Kian, and how this all involves friend of the show G. ZACHARY TERWILLIGER!
                                https://openargs.com/oa394-the-amicus-show/

Comment