Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    So, let me get this straight, you're so naive as to believe that Gen Flynn is stupid enough to twice plead guilty in court to something that he knows he never did? Dupe!
    “If you don’t plead guilty, we’ll go after your son.”

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      So, let me get this straight, you're so naive as to believe that Gen Flynn is stupid enough to twice plead guilty in court to something that he knows he never did? Dupe!
      Not stupid, just desperate to protect his son from retaliatory prosecution. It's worth repeating: this is not speculation or guesswork. We know it happened.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...ybe-others-too
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        “If you don’t plead guilty, we’ll go after your son.”

For one thing being forced to tell the truth by such leverage is not illegal, for another, that's an accusation for which I've yet to see any evidence of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Not stupid, just desperate to protect his son from retaliatory prosecution. It's worth repeating: this is not speculation or guesswork. We know it happened.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...ybe-others-too
          Flynn may have told the truth, that is pled guilty, in order to protect his son, that doesn't mean that the FBI forced hin to. Besides, what was he protecting his son from?

Comment

Flynn may have told the truth, that is pled guilty, in order to protect his son, that doesn't mean that the FBI forced hin to. Besides, what was he protecting his son from?
            Expenses, having someone dig through your sock drawer, branch out to other friends - costing THEM money, embarrassment on non-illegal life events that "slip out" during high profile investigations, etc...
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              Expenses, having someone dig through your sock drawer, branch out to other friends - costing THEM money, embarrassment on non-illegal life events that "slip out" during high profile investigations, etc...
              What crime was he protecting his son from being investigated for, Bill.

Comment

• Do you think Banana Republic status will be made official by SCOTUS? The conservatives on the court seem to be keen on the idea. The recipe is an untouchable POTUS and a compliant AG. Trump might be the very last POTUS to be impeached.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

What crime was he protecting his son from being investigated for, Bill.
                  I find it humorous that you think the dirty FBI snakes needed an actual crime to investigate someone...
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    Do you think Banana Republic status will be made official by SCOTUS? The conservatives on the court seem to be keen on the idea. The recipe is an untouchable POTUS and a compliant AG. Trump might be the very last POTUS to be impeached.
                    No
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                      Do you think Banana Republic status will be made official by SCOTUS? The conservatives on the court seem to be keen on the idea. The recipe is an untouchable POTUS and a compliant AG. Trump might be the very last POTUS to be impeached.
                      You should send a resume and writing sample to the Babylon Bee. You're a natural at political satire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        I find it humorous that you think the dirty FBI snakes needed an actual crime to investigate someone...
                        I find it sad that there are so many of you easily conned so called Americans out there. What was the crime Flynn was protecting his son from, Bill. Do you even know? And btw, when are you guys going to show the evidence of the FBI threatening Flynn with prosecuting his son, and in what sense it is illegal if they did?
                        Last edited by JimL; 05-12-2020, 06:17 PM.

Comment

For one thing being forced to tell the truth by such leverage is not illegal, for another, that's an accusation for which I've yet to see any evidence of.
                          Never said it was illegally Jimmy. It just drives a train sized hole right through your argument. If someone told me, “Plead guilty or else we’ll take it out on your kid” you can bet what my answer will be. General Flynn was thinking as a father, not as someone protecting his innocence.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            Never said it was illegally Jimmy. It just drives a train sized hole right through your argument. If someone told me, “Plead guilty or else we’ll take it out on your kid” you can bet what my answer will be. General Flynn was thinking as a father, not as someone protecting his innocence.
                            And now he reversed himself (and caused extra headaches for the FBI on top). So he's no longer interested in protecting his son?

Comment

• In a nakedly political miscarriage of justice, Judge Sullivan is delaying a final ruling and requests that outside groups file what are know as "amicus" or "friend of the court" briefs which he will apparently use to help guide his decision.

Judge Sullivan even cited famously political Judge Amy Berman Jackson, a subtle hat/tip to President Obama’s recent May 8th instructions. Sullivan’s order can put to rest any contemplation of him holding corrupt prosecutor Brandon Van Grack to account; and only further delays removing the sword of damocles from atop Lt. General Michael Flynn.

The transparent purpose of allowing public comment, specifically from the Lawfare resistance group, is to undermine the DOJ and further create a political narrative around AG Bill Barr. However, on the positive side this might stir Barr to release even more damaging information to counter the political efforts of Judge Sullivan. Quite remarkable.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-flynn-ruling/

All of you claiming that we're living in a "banana republic" may be on to something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                In a nakedly political miscarriage of justice, Judge Sullivan is delaying a final ruling and requests that outside groups file what are know as "amicus" or "friend of the court" briefs which he will apparently use to help guide his decision.

Judge Sullivan even cited famously political Judge Amy Berman Jackson, a subtle hat/tip to President Obama’s recent May 8th instructions. Sullivan’s order can put to rest any contemplation of him holding corrupt prosecutor Brandon Van Grack to account; and only further delays removing the sword of damocles from atop Lt. General Michael Flynn.

The transparent purpose of allowing public comment, specifically from the Lawfare resistance group, is to undermine the DOJ and further create a political narrative around AG Bill Barr. However, on the positive side this might stir Barr to release even more damaging information to counter the political efforts of Judge Sullivan. Quite remarkable.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-flynn-ruling/

All of you claiming that we're living in a "banana republic" may be on to something.
                                Cry harder.

Comment