Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    All of that was before we had proof that the FBI had falsified evidence against the General and coerced him into pleading guilty.
    Flynn himself, told you, pleaded with you, under oath, that he was and is guilty. Why would you not take his word for it?
    That is the issue. No one in the DoJ has signed their name to it, and it has caused another resignation, because it is so clearly corrupt.
    Last edited by firstfloor; 05-11-2020, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• In like Flynn:

Journalistic legend Andrea Mitchell joins Ron Klain, Anne Milgram, and Harry to discuss the jaw-dropping news of the Flynn dismissal, which the Feds unanimously agree can only be explained by corruption at DOJ. The group then takes on the uneven and dangerous pattern of easing of shelter-in-place orders in various states, and then discusses the whistleblower complaints, particularly the one by Dr. Rick Bright, that portray a White House making life-and-death decisions on the basis of cronyism.
      http://talkingfeds.libsyn.com/in-like-flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by dittfloor View Post
        Flynn himself, told you, pleaded with you, under oath, that he was and is guilty. Why would you not take his word for it?
        What part of "He was coerced" don't you understand?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

What part of "He was coerced" don't you understand?
          This part:

"My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the special prosecutor office reflects a decision I made in the best interests of my family and my country. I accept full responsibility for my actions."

And lets not forget, Flynn could also have been charged with undisclosed foriegn lobbying for which his partner in the firm was found guilty and sentenced to 15 years in prison, a sentence Flynn avoided by agreeing to cooperate. Flynn broke that agreement, so it's possible, I don't know, that he may be open to that charge again as well.
          Last edited by JimL; 05-11-2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            This part:

"My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the special prosecutor office reflects a decision I made in the best interests of my family and my country. I accept full responsibility for my actions."
            He was speaking as a man under duress.

Comment

He was speaking as a man under duress.
              Everyone making a plea agreement is under duress.

And again, lets not forget, he avoided a possible 15 year sentence, which his partner in crime received, for undiscosed lobbying for the Turkish government by agreeing to plea.

Comment

Everyone making a plea agreement is under duress.
                Go look up the legal definition of "duress" and get back to me.

Comment

Meanwhile....

NBC admits Chuck Todd's 'Meet the Press' deceptively edited Barr remarks on Flynn

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The only coercion, which is what I assume you mean by duress, was the coercion Flynn was under as a result of his other unrelated crimes which he avoided being charged with by admitting to his guilt, and agreeing to cooperate in the Russian collusion case.

Comment

• Funny how all these "honest mistakes" always go in one direction. They might be more believable if just once they favored Trump rather than in every single case they go the other way.

It's like flipping a coin 100 times with every result coming up tails. At some point one would start to suspect something fishy is going on.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Funny how all these "honest mistakes" always go in one direction. They might be more believable if just once they favored Trump rather than in every single case they go the other way.

It's like flipping a coin 100 times with every result coming up tails. At some point one would start to suspect something fishy is going on.
                        The only thing fishy is the idea that cable news is there to provide an unbiased news source. They are there to generate ratings. *Everything* needs to be filtered through that view.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Funny how all these "honest mistakes" always go in one direction. They might be more believable if just once they favored Trump rather than in every single case they go the other way.

Which leaves the possibility that this Russia Collusion thing was an attempt, by Obama Administration hold overs, to subvert the lawfully elected president.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The only coercion, which is what I assume you mean by duress, was the coercion Flynn was under as a result of his other unrelated crimes which he avoided being charged with by admitting to his guilt, and agreeing to cooperate in the Russian collusion case.
                            Three facts:

1) The FBI did not have a legitimate case against General Flynn.
                            2) The FBI falsified evidence against General Flynn.
                            3) The FBI threatened to prosecute General Flynn's son if General Flynn didn't cooperate.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              Which leaves the possibility that this Russia Collusion thing was an attempt, by Obama Administration hold overs, to subvert the lawfully elected president.
                              We're way past talking in terms of mere possibility at this point.

Comment

Three facts:

1) The FBI did not have a legitimate case against General Flynn.
                                The article I posted yesterday explains, in detail, about the falsity of this claim.

2) The FBI falsified evidence against General Flynn.
                                You continue to claim this without pointing to the exact FBI notes which demonstrate this.

3) The FBI threatened to prosecute General Flynn's son if General Flynn didn't cooperate.
                                Maybe, maybe not. Define "threaten" as you're using it here and we can figure out whether they did something untoward or not. You do need to explain why sanctions haven't been filed against the lawyers who entered into this agreement with outofficially notifying the court.

Just more claims and hype, MM. Show me the money!

Comment