Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    That was almost two-years ago, before we learned just how dirty the FBI's hands really were.
    Ok :). We'll see. I have faith in the judiciary.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
      A more sober take on the situation from the ever-reliable Bill Palmer.
      Apparently "sober" and "ever-reliable" really means "nakedly biased" in your book.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Apparently "sober" and "ever-reliable" really means "nakedly biased" in your book.
        BP is definitely biased. But if you look at his political analyses over the past year they have been dead on accurate. Go back and look at what he said about Biden and how South Carolina was going to change the game even though everyone else was writing his epitaph, for example.

He's definitely biased but he's also very, very sharp.

Or look at this crash course on liberal politics and point out what he says which isn't true.
        Last edited by DivineOb; 05-07-2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          Let's put a pin in this message.
          You can use the one that keeps your tail on!

Am I? Am I *really* more a "petty little romp" than every single regularly posting Trumper on this board (with the exception of you).
          "Romp" wasn't defining you, it was stating what you're on. And, are we back to the tired old "anybody who doesn't hate Trump as much as we do is a Trumper?" How, exactly, are you defining that term - Trumper.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            "Romp" wasn't defining you, it was stating what you're on. And, are we back to the tired old "anybody who doesn't hate Trump as much as we do is a Trumper?" How, exactly, are you defining that term - Trumper.
            Ok, I don't actually mean Trumper I mean RWNJ. There's a lot of overlap but not 100% obviously.

Here's a decent enough definition.

Comment

Ok, I don't actually mean Trumper ....
              Don't ya hate it when you accidentally reveal your own bias?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Don't ya hate it when you accidentally reveal your own bias?
                You lost me. With the exception of you I don't know of any RWNJ who I wouldn't also describe as a Trumper. And I'm not even sure you would be an RWNJ. But Sparko, MM, OBP, seanD, demi, seer, etc. all RWNJs and also all Trumpers.

Ok, and to define Trumper -- a right winger who is unable or unwilling to honestly characterize the actions of Trump and the Trump administration to an extent which goes way beyond normal politics. E.g. defending Trumps "grab them by the [genitals]" quote as if it isn't readily obvious what it means.

Comment

You lost me. With the exception of you I don't know of any RWNJ who I wouldn't also describe as a Trumper. And I'm not even sure you would be an RWNJ. But Sparko, MM, OBP, seanD, demi, seer, etc. all RWNJs and also all Trumpers.

Ok, and to define Trumper -- a right winger who is unable or unwilling to honestly characterize the actions of Trump and the Trump administration to an extent which goes way beyond normal politics. E.g. defending Trumps "grab them by the [genitals]" quote as if it isn't readily obvious what it means.
                  Around here, it's pretty much been that anybody who isn't absolutely consumed with hate for Trump is a "Trumper". We have people here who --- that's ALL they post about, day in and day out....

There needs to be a name for that - like Godwin's Law, but pertaining to Trump, not Hitler. (Though, some of those to whom I refer seem to think the two are the same. )

Comment

That's a total characterization of what I argued. I never denied that what Trump said wasn't vulgar; it was. I said it wasn't rape. And I've never held back calling Trump and idiot, a narcissist, a blowhard, or even a straight up liar. Maybe you just missed those posts.

Comment

Around here, it's pretty much been that anybody who isn't absolutely consumed with hate for Trump is a "Trumper". We have people here who --- that's ALL they post about, day in and day out....
                      Other than you, what regular poster "on the right" isn't all in on Trump 99% of the time? I doubt you can find a *single* regular poster on the left who would, for example, defend Obama with that level of zeal.

There needs to be a name for that - like Godwin's Law, but pertaining to Trump, not Hitler. (Though, some of those to whom I refer seem to think the two are the same. )
                      Sounds like you're describing TDS :P.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        That's a total characterization of what I argued. I never denied that what Trump said wasn't vulgar; it was. I said it wasn't rape. And I've never held back calling Trump and idiot, a narcissist, a blowhard, or even a straight up liar. Maybe you just missed those posts.
                        I wasn't sure if I should have made explicit that that example was from MM. Apparently I should have.

But why not let me know what substantive policies of Trump you oppose. I'll be happy to revise my chart.

Comment

Other than you, what regular poster "on the right" isn't all in on Trump 99% of the time? I doubt you can find a *single* regular poster on the left who would, for example, defend Obama with that level of zeal.
                          But that's the point, these nutters on the left have no problem whatsoever declaring me a "Trumpster" or "Trump Supporter", even going so far as to claim that I "support Trump at every turn".

Sounds like you're describing TDS :P.
                          EGGzackly!

Comment

But that's the point, these nutters on the left have no problem whatsoever declaring me a "Trumpster" or "Trump Supporter", even going so far as to claim that I "support Trump at every turn".
                            I can't speak for anyone but myself but I've honestly never (intended to) put you in that camp. That said "silence is consent."

EGGzackly!
                            Ok, you got me :P.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                              ...what regular poster "on the right" isn't all in on Trump 99% of the time?
                              It only seems like that because 99% of the things he's criticized for on these forums are idiotic. I've often said that Trump offers a rich field for interesting discussion and debate, but liberals are so off the rails that any sort of reasoned discussion is impossible.

Comment

Required reading...

The DOJ is releasing a series of additional documents to support their decision to drop the case against Lt. General Michael Flynn [download here]. Not coincidentally, at the same time these additional documents are being released, a fracture in the core group of coup plotters is surfacing. The bigger picture is now the former DOJ -vs- former FBI.

The dynamic of distinction is interesting to watch unfold. Prior DOJ officials pointing to corrupt decisions by prior FBI officials. This is the fracture that will bring down the fraud. This was always why we needed the declassification process. Things are happening fast.

Additionally, because the underlying Flynn evidence documents include portions of transcripts from questions put to the “small group”, Adam Schiff is now forced to release the transcripts...

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ng-flynn-case/

Follow the link for an in-depth analysis.

Comment