Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    This part of the article appears more significant than the rest:

Source: Politico

The ruling Tuesday may not be the last word on the issue. Any active judge on the D.C. Circuit — including dissenting Judge Robert Wilkins — could call for a vote to bring the matter before the full court en banc. The court’s active bench is currently made up of seven Democratic appointees and five Republican ones.

© Copyright Original Source

Yep, but a vote doesn't even need to be called, it can be called for a vote, but the higher court could even take it up of their own accord, called for or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      More dirty politics.
      You disagreeing with them doesn't make them "dirty".

Indeed, if you actually were against dirty politics, you would have excoriated Senate Republicans for refusing to do their jobs more than 4 years ago. So spare us your crocodile tears.

Comment

More dirty politics.
        You obviously wouldn't know dirty politics if you see it, MM. The dirty politics was Trumps corrupt DOJ interfering with the courts decision in the first place, not only in this case but in many other cases connected with Trump.

Comment

You disagreeing with them doesn't make them "dirty".
          Dirty politics because a judge has no business refusing an uncontested motion to drop charges, so if it gets run up the flag pole to the full court to overturn the decision of the three judge panel then it's dirty politics, plain and simple.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Dirty politics because a judge has no business refusing an uncontested motion to drop charges
            According to you? That's funny...

If a judge has the right to contest the motion, it's his business to do so if he so chooses.

Comment

According to you?
              Nope.

Comment

Nope.
                Yep. The Judge doesn't even have to call for a vote, he can, but he doesn't have to, the higher court could decide to take up the matter on their own if they so choose to do so. Besides, anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear, and we know that doesn't apply to you MM, knows where the dirty politics, where the corruption lies in this and other cases, and it lies in the corrupt Trump Administration and his corrupt DOJ for interfering in the case, as well as into other cases in order to help Trumps corrupt allies.

The Atty Gen has agreed to appear before Congress, 'because he didn't want to be served a subpoena', in July in order to answer to that. I'd be willing to bet that he reneges on that agreement at the last moment and like his corrupt boss refuses to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                  Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Dirty politics because a judge has no business refusing an uncontested motion to drop charges
                  According to you?
                  Nope.
                  If not you, then according to who?

So far, you're the only person who's ever claimed it.

Comment

If not you, then according to who?

So far, you're the only person who's ever claimed it.
                    Judges should not take on the role of prosecutor for what I think are obvious reasons.

Completely separate case in which a judge refused an uncontested motion to drop charges, but the arguments are the same.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...k3K/story.html

Comment

Judges should not take on the role of prosecutor for what I think are obvious reasons.

Completely separate case in which a judge refused an uncontested motion to drop charges, but the arguments are the same.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...k3K/story.html
                      You’re right in that a judge has no business in deciding who to prosecute but once proceedings have commenced it technically becomes the judges business. That’s why they need the judges permission here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                        You’re right in that a judge has no business in deciding who to prosecute but once proceedings have commenced it technically becomes the judges business. That’s why they need the judges permission here.
                        It is the judge's role to enforce the rules of the courtroom and impartially determine guilt or innocence in accordance with the law. When he refuses an uncontested motion to dismiss and then starts shopping for prosecutors to make a case against the defendant for him, he's crossed way over the line and should at the very least be removed from the case.

Comment

It is the judge's role to enforce the rules of the courtroom and impartially determine guilt or innocence in accordance with the law. When he refuses an uncontested motion to dismiss and then starts shopping for prosecutors to make a case against the defendant for him, he's crossed way over the line and should at the very least be removed from the case.
                          It's the president that has no business sending in his corrupt Atty Gen to interfere with the court proceedings by threatening prosecutors in order to help out the presidents corrupt allies. Dirty politics, MM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            It's the president that has no business sending in his corrupt Atty Gen to interfere with the court proceedings by threatening prosecutors in order to help out the presidents corrupt allies. Dirty politics, MM.
                            Evidence that Trump sent in his honorable attorney general to interfere with court proceedings?

Comment

Evidence that Trump sent in his honorable attorney general to interfere with court proceedings?
                              Don't pretend to be a complete moron, MM. Barr already interfered in the Stone case, threatening the prosecutors with being fired unless the go along with reducing the sentence of Trumps corrupt ally which forced the prosecutor in the case to resign rather than betray his principles. He, the prosecutor just testified to that before congress. And now they are doing the same in the Flynn case. They have no respect for the rule of law and are using their power to play favorites which is what dictators do.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                Don't pretend to be a complete moron, MM. Barr already interfered in the Stone case, threatening the prosecutors with being fired unless the go along with reducing the sentence of Trumps corrupt ally which forced the prosecutor in the case to resign rather than betray his principles. He, the prosecutor just testified to that before congress. And now they are doing the same in the Flynn case. They have no respect for the rule of law and are using their power to play favorites which is what dictators do.
                                Right, so no evidence that this is being directed by the President, just your own paranoid delusions.

Comment