Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Kinda like "our side can cheat but YOUR side has to play by the rules, or we can't win".
    Is that an admission that you recognize that your side cheats, is cheating? Sounds like it, CP.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineBoob View Post
    That interview was more than a year ago about money he got 3 years ago. So what happened with it? Why hasn't he had it examined by now?

Sheesh.
    I don't know if the money was ever examined, but it's undeniable that the intelligence agencies tried to frame Papadopoulos. When he showed up at the airport and they arrested him only to realize that he didn't have the money they expected him to have, they had to scramble to come up with another excuse to hold and question him.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ria-bartiromo/

This is the kind of thing you world laugh at as implausible if it happened in a movie, but this is real life.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I don't know if the money was ever examined, but it's undeniable that the intelligence agencies tried to frame Papadopoulos. When he showed up at the airport and they arrested him only to realize that he didn't have the money they expected him to have, they had to scramble to come up with another excuse to hold and question him.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ria-bartiromo/

This is the kind of thing you world laugh at as implausible if it happened in a movie, but this is real life.
    What a bunch of hogwash. Do you ever fact check anything that Breitbart feeds you, MM? Papadopolous's arrest at Dulles had nothing to do with money laundering, he was arrested at Dulles and charged with lying to the FBI in January 2017 concerning his contacts with pro-Russian advocates and with obstruction of justice for shutting down his facebook page one day after the FBI interview.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    What a bunch of hogwash. Do you ever fact check anything that Breitbart feeds you, MM? Papadopolous's arrest at Dulles had nothing to do with money laundering, he was arrested at Dulles and charged with lying to the FBI in January 2017 concerning his contacts with pro-Russian advocates and with obstruction of justice for shutting down his facebook page one day after the FBI interview.
    Did you even bother to read the source? That was the excuse they came up with AFTER Papadopoulos outsmarted them by leaving the incriminating cash with a lawyer friend in Greece.

I've said this before, but it's worth repeating: none of this is guesswork or speculation. We know for fact how it all went down.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Did you even bother to read the source? That was the excuse they came up with AFTER Papadopoulos outsmarted them by leaving the incriminating cash with a lawyer friend in Greece.

I've said this before, but it's worth repeating: none of this is guesswork or speculation. We know for fact how it all went down.
    But it's not a crime to receive $10k. So what would the crime have been if he had the money on him?

And he admitted that he received the money so why would he need to have the money on him when they arrested him? Why can't they just arrest him now?

Totally lost on this one.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Is that an admission that you recognize that your side cheats, is cheating? Sounds like it, CP.
    It's not the least bit surprising that you would screw that up so badly, Jim.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Papadopolous admitted to lying to the FBI in the Jan. 2017 interview, MM. It's not an excuse. That's what he did, thats why he was arrested. Who cares if someone gave him $10,000, that's not against the law.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineBoob View Post
    But it's not a crime to receive $10k. So what would the crime have been if he had the money on him?

And he admitted that he received the money so why would he need to have the money on him when they arrested him? Why can't they just arrest him now?

Totally lost on this one.
    I can tell you didn't bother to read the article I cited.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Now this is verrrrrry interesting... when was the last time you ever heard of a judge hiring a lawyer to defend a courtroom decision?

The Washington Post headline reads (emphasis mine): “Federal judge hires high-powered D.C. attorney to defend his actions in Flynn case.” Which gives some insight into the framework and purpose of this event, and how it reached the WaPo narrative engineers.

[...]

I’m not going into the weeds to outline the motives of of Beth Wilkinson [the attorney hired by Sullivan]. Suffice to say the reason she is considered ‘high-profile’ or ‘high-powered’ is because of her connections to the DC system; a political system that frequently becomes enmeshed with the legal system. Beth Wilkinson is well-connected; that’s the part that matters.

A federal judge hiring a well connected lawyer to write his response to a DC circuit court appeals panel is the part that’s interesting. There’s no guarantee the appeals court will accept such a response; but that’s also another issue. Bottom line: Judge Sullivan is importing a lawyer to represent his interests. Very unusual.

[...]

On November 30th, 2017, Mike Flynn signed a guilty plea; ostensibly admitting lying to investigators. The plea was accepted by Judge Rudolph “Rudy” Contreras; who is also a FISA court judge. Six days later, December 7, 2017, Judge Contreras “was recused” from the case without explanation.

If the conflict -which required recusal- existed on December 7, 2017, wouldn’t that same conflict have existed days earlier on November 30th?

The same DC circuit now ordering Judge Sullivan to explain his decision-making, is the same DC circuit that previously recused and replaced Judge Contreras from the Flynn case. None of this, including the specific tone of the panel in their order, is disconnected from the larger background.

So when we take everything in total, the decision by Sullivan to hire a high-profile and well connected DC lawyer to represent his interests in the Flynn case…. well, it looks to me like Sullivan just hired himself a defense attorney.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...in-flynn-case/

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I can tell you didn't bother to read the article I cited.
    I read the first one, I didn't read that one. So I read it (If you promise me the video answers some of these questions then I'll watch that too). What I read didn't really explain much though.

1) He admits to receiving the money. How does him failing to physically bring it here let him off the hook since they have his confession?
    2) Why does he need to physically bring the money here for it to be a FARA violation (not laundering)? He admits he took ownership of the money and they have the testimony of whoever it was in Israel!
    3) If he was paid money as part of a "sting" wouldn't the serial numbers on the money be all it took to establish where it came from? Why would it have to be "marked"?
    4) Why didn't he just not agree to illegally represent Israel's interests if he suspected something? How do you "entrap" someone into entering into willingly entering into an illegal business agreement? Entrapment is a fairly narrow thing and not at all like "If you don't tell me you're a cop then it's entrapment."