Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    You cannot name a single FBI agent who's on record saying they believe Flynn didn't lie,...
    Actually, I have, and I can, but it's more fun to tweak the noses of ignorant morons like you. If you really wanted answers then you would do what I've suggested: start at page one and start reading my posts. I guarantee you'll have your answers in less than 10-minutes, unless you're one of those slow kids who has to sound out the words while he reads, in which case it might take you a little longer.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• And the sewage continues to seep out of the swamp... just a few highlights:

The Justice Department on Thursday released a summary of its interview of a former FBI special agent who revealed damaging information on the initial FBI counterintelligence and Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigations into Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Michael Flynn.

The summary, known as a “302,” reveals that the special agent, William Barnett, listed a number of disturbing things that he found while working on both investigations.

[...]

1. Barnett believed the predication for the overarching Crossfire Hurricane investigation into the Trump campaign and the Crossfire Razor investigation into Flynn were both unclear and unconvincing.

2. Barnett was in the process of closing the Flynn investigation on January 4, 2017, when Peter Strzok intervened on or around the date of an Oval Office meeting where the Flynn investigation was discussed.

[...]

6. The same FBI lawyer who falsified evidence on a surveillance warrant application on Carter Page also signed off on predication for national security letters on the Flynn investigation.

[...]

9. Barnett thought there was a “get TRUMP” attitude by some at the Special Counsel Office.

Breitbart.com

Comprehensive details at the link. Or you can complain about the source and remain ignorant. Your choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        And the sewage continues to seep out of the swamp... just a few highlights:

The Justice Department on Thursday released a summary of its interview of a former FBI special agent who revealed damaging information on the initial FBI counterintelligence and Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigations into Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Michael Flynn.

The summary, known as a “302,” reveals that the special agent, William Barnett, listed a number of disturbing things that he found while working on both investigations.

[...]

1. Barnett believed the predication for the overarching Crossfire Hurricane investigation into the Trump campaign and the Crossfire Razor investigation into Flynn were both unclear and unconvincing.

2. Barnett was in the process of closing the Flynn investigation on January 4, 2017, when Peter Strzok intervened on or around the date of an Oval Office meeting where the Flynn investigation was discussed.

[...]

6. The same FBI lawyer who falsified evidence on a surveillance warrant application on Carter Page also signed off on predication for national security letters on the Flynn investigation.

[...]

9. Barnett thought there was a “get TRUMP” attitude by some at the Special Counsel Office.

Breitbart.com

Comprehensive details at the link. Or you can complain about the source and remain ignorant. Your choice.
        Let's just assume it's all true and let out a great big *yawn*.

The IG concluded that the investigation was sufficiently predicated, and a "get Trump" attitude was well justified, if only by Trump's attempts to interfere with the investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
          Let's just assume it's all true and let out a great big *yawn*.
          Really? So the fact that Barnett found the predicate "unclear and unconvincing", yet Flynn was railroaded into a false confession gets a yawn from you?

The fact that Barnett was preparing to close the investigation against Flynn due to lack of evidence, yet Flynn was railroaded into a false confession gets a yawn from you?

The fact that the lawyer who is known to have falsified documents for the FBI okayed the Flynn investigation gets a yawn from you?

The fact that the special counsel investigation was clearly politically motivated gets a yawn from you?

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Sorry, man, but a shrug and a yawn isn't much of a counter argument.

Comment

Really? So the fact that Barnett found the predicate "unclear and unconvincing",
            That gets a yawn because it wasn't Barnett's job to decide whether the predicate was "unclear and unconvincing."

yet Flynn was railroaded into a false confession gets a yawn from you?
            If Flynn had been railroaded into a false confession, I would care. Flynn confessing to lying when everyone knows he lied gets a yawn.

The fact that Barnett was preparing to close the investigation against Flynn due to lack of evidence, yet Flynn was railroaded into a false confession gets a yawn from you?
            The fact that they kept the investigation open because more evidence came in gets a big yawn.

The fact that the lawyer who is known to have falsified documents for the FBI okayed the Flynn investigation gets a yawn from you?
            Kevin Clinesmith is being punished for falsifying a document, and the IG felt the investigation was sufficiently predicated. So yeah, that gets a yawn.

The fact that the special counsel investigation was clearly politically motivated gets a yawn from you?
            The claim that the special counsel investigation was politically motivated gets a yawn. Actual evidence of it would be more interesting.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Sorry, man, but a shrug and a yawn isn't much of a counter argument.
            No counter argument is needed until a convincing argument is made. Show me more of the "iceberg" and I may stop yawning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
              If Flynn had been railroaded into a false confession, I would care.
              He was, and you should, but you don't, because you're a willfully ignorant liberal stooge.

Comment

He was, and you should, but you don't, because you're a willfully ignorant liberal stooge.
                Flynn lied, and everyone knows it, unless they are willfully ignorant conservative stooges.

Comment

• Missouri U.S. Attorney Jeff Jensen has provided additional information to the Flynn defense team highlighting a January 25th meeting between officials in the DOJ-NSD and FBI the day after Michael Flynn (code-named Razor) was interviewed in the White House.

The DOJ officials attending the meeting included: Mary McCord (NSD head), George Toscas (NSD principal deputy), Stu Evans, Tashina Guahar, and “Matt A” (possibly Matthew Axelrod (lawyer for the Deputy Attorney General). Additionally, from the FBI there was: James Baker (chief legal counsel), Bill Priestap (CoIntel head) and a redacted name. It is clear from the meeting notes the group was trying to find something to target Michael Flynn and brainstorming on what approach to take.

[...]

As noted they discussed the “Logan Act” yet found there was no reasonable way to use it and Flynn’s contact with Russian Ambassador Kislyak, during the transition, was normal.

FBI Legal Counsel James Baker asked how could you prosecute Flynn for a 1001 violation (lying to FBI officials) when you couldn’t prosecute any underlying crime because the contact with Kislyak was normal.

[...]

The last lines of the January 25th notes are very telling:

“assessment of whether [Flynn] is in a covert relationship with Russia ⇒ No, probably not based on facts to date and interview.”

They knew all along they were investigating a nothingburger. That’s why they took no action from January until the special counsel came along in May and took the FARA approach in June as pressure to get Flynn to plea to a lie he never made. It was all a set up.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ynn-interview/

Comment

• Flynn's lawyer was caught fabricating evidence. Shouldn't you wait for that to blow over first?

Comment

Missouri U.S. Attorney Jeff Jensen has provided additional information to the Flynn defense team highlighting a January 25th meeting between officials in the DOJ-NSD and FBI the day after Michael Flynn (code-named Razor) was interviewed in the White House.

The DOJ officials attending the meeting included: Mary McCord (NSD head), George Toscas (NSD principal deputy), Stu Evans, Tashina Guahar, and “Matt A” (possibly Matthew Axelrod (lawyer for the Deputy Attorney General). Additionally, from the FBI there was: James Baker (chief legal counsel), Bill Priestap (CoIntel head) and a redacted name. It is clear from the meeting notes the group was trying to find something to target Michael Flynn and brainstorming on what approach to take.

[...]

As noted they discussed the “Logan Act” yet found there was no reasonable way to use it and Flynn’s contact with Russian Ambassador Kislyak, during the transition, was normal.

FBI Legal Counsel James Baker asked how could you prosecute Flynn for a 1001 violation (lying to FBI officials) when you couldn’t prosecute any underlying crime because the contact with Kislyak was normal.

[...]

The last lines of the January 25th notes are very telling:

“assessment of whether [Flynn] is in a covert relationship with Russia ⇒ No, probably not based on facts to date and interview.”

They knew all along they were investigating a nothingburger. That’s why they took no action from January until the special counsel came along in May and took the FARA approach in June as pressure to get Flynn to plea to a lie he never made. It was all a set up.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ynn-interview/
                      I believe the answer to James Baker's question is, "It's done all the time." Lying to the FBI is not considered a nothingburger.

Comment

• Trumpco up to their usual tricks:

“The government claims that the undisclosed alterations were a result of sloppiness and not a deliberate attempt to mislead,” Goelman said. “It would be easier to give the government the benefit of the doubt if the alterations didn’t fit a false narrative pushed by the President, or if they weren’t made by a team specifically chosen by the Attorney General to provide political aid to President Trump, or if Bill Barr hadn’t already demonstrated his willingness to cast aside the Department of Justice’s tradition of neutrality in an attempt to help President Trump.”
                        WaPo
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment