Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump the 'annointed one'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    On multiple occasions I have pointed out that certain behavior is incompatible with Christian teaching and belief.

Now why would I tell a person who I did not believe was a practicing Christian that something they were doing was contrary to their Christian faith If I didn't think they were Christians to start with? Why would a non-Christian even care? Obviously I believed the people I was talking to were Christians. I was appealing to their desire to be what God has called them to be AS CHRISTIANS.

No - I have never - as seanD has done several times the last 36 hours - said "I doubt X's Christianity". I have though many times prayed for those Christians here I do not believe understand just how hurtful and destructive what they are saying about myself and others is, including you and seanD.
    Spare me your self righteousness, hypocrite. You have leveled all sorts of false accusations at anyone, who doesn’t immediately agree with your political opinions. Falsely accusing your fellow Christians of all sorts of sins, that no doubt questions their Christianity (even if you don’t come right out and say it). You get what you deserve, let me know when your ready to issue an apology for all the false statements you’ve made on the character of anyone that doesn’t agree with you. Until than, don’t get mad when you get mud slung in your face when you’ve been rolling around in it and slinging it yourself.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      Spare me your self righteousness, hypocrite. You have leveled all sorts of false accusations at anyone, who doesn’t immediately agree with your political opinions. Falsely accusing your fellow Christians of all sorts of sins, that no doubt questions their Christianity (even if you don’t come right out and say it). You get what you deserve, let me know when your ready to issue an apology for all the false statements you’ve made on the character of anyone that doesn’t agree with you. Until than, don’t get mad when you get mud slung in your face when you’ve been rolling around in it and slinging it yourself.
      Case in point. When have I ever posted the equivalent of this post to you pix?

I point out things that I believe are wrong. That's it. Are you saying that if I see a Christian saying or doing something I believe is wrong, I should be silent? Or that if point it out, I am "Falsely accusing them" or "doubting their Christian faith"? Do you honestly believe we are never to speak up when we see behavior that we believe is wrong, or see thoughts expressed we believe are destructive or wrong? And how should we react to a person that believes we are doing something wrong and who says something about it? A we supposed to chew them out and call them hypocrites or other derogatory names, or is there another way we are supposed to respond to that?
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-14-2020, 12:39 PM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Case in point.
        *Ox slings mud, accusing his fellow Christians of all sorts of sins.*

*Fellow Christian slings back, calling Ox on his false accusations.*

Ox, “Waaaaaahhhhhh! You hit me!”

Yep, self righteous as ever. You get what you deserve, hypocrite.

When have I ever posted the equivalent of this post to you pix?
        You mean your false accusations? Let’s see,

Falsely accusing me of being a racist.
        Falsely accusing me of being ‘anti science’.
        Falsely accusing me of not being a ‘true Christians’ for not agreeing with your political opinions?

Shall I go on or do you not remember these cases? As I said, you sling mud, so others sling it back. You get what you deserve.
        Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 05-14-2020, 12:38 PM.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

*Ox slings mud, accusing his fellow Christians of all sorts of sins.*

*Fellow Christian slings back, calling Ox on his false accusations.*

Ox, “Waaaaaahhhhhh! You hit me!”

Yep, self righteous as ever. You get what you deserve, hypocrite.

You mean your false accusations? Let’s see,

Falsely accusing me of being a racist.
          I didn't accuse you of being racist. I pointed out some (maybe you too, not sure) were parroting racist ideas. And I pointed it out so they could correct themselves, not to condemn them, assuming they would care.

Falsely accusing me of being ‘anti science’.
          No, I said you were engaging in anti-science rhetoric regarding a specific topic - and you were. I was, again, hoping that the pix I have seen argue for sound science would want to avoid participating in anti-science rhetoric. That is why I took the time to explain exactly how that was happening, so that you could realize what was happening, assuming you were not aware of what you were doing.

Falsely accusing me of not being a ‘true Christians’ for not agreeing with your political opinions?
          I have never done that Pix. Not once. I don't try to make judgements on the reality of anyone's faith. I do try to speak out for what I believe to be right, and against what I believe to be wrong.

Shall I go on or do you not remember these cases? As I said, you sling mud, so others sling it back. You get what you deserve.
          What do I deserve pix? For trying to stand up for what is true and right and against what is false and destructive - what is the appropriate punishment?
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Charles. Nanny dear. In case you didn't notice, oxmixmudd his very own self brought up Obama and those who referred to him in messianic terms. He has no one to blame but himself. But, as usual, you are following so closely behind him that you can't see anything past his rear end.

Honestly, it scares me how much oxmixmudd and the atheists on this site agree with each other.
            It all depends on what they agree about. Years ago I read something on a pro-geocentric website which declared that

Augustine, Thomas Aquinas and Calvin all believed in geocentrism.

Hitler, Stalin and Mao all believed in heliocentrism.

In which of these camps do you wish to belong?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

On multiple occasions I have pointed out that certain behavior is incompatible with Christian teaching and belief.
              If that's all you think you're doing, then I don't expect you will ever see what the rest of us see, and you will continue down this road, holding your nose in the air and acting like you're a better Christian than everybody else.

There are, however, two points I think you should keep in mind before casting judgement on anybody else: 1) Make absolutely certain that your understanding of scripture is correct; and 2) Make absolutely certain that you have correctly discerned the actions and/or motives of a fellow believer. You frequently err on both points.
              Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-14-2020, 01:13 PM.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I didn't accuse you of being racist. I pointed out some (maybe you too, not sure) were parroting racist ideas. And I pointed it out so they could correct themselves, not to condemn them, assuming they would care.
                Racist ideas, held by several blacks that are apparently racist of themselves! No, rather it was your opinion and well, you know what they say about opinions.

No, I said you were engaging in anti-science rhetoric regarding a specific topic - and you were. I was, again, hoping that the pix I have seen argue for sound science would want to avoid participating in anti-science rhetoric. That is why I took the time to explain exactly how that was happening, so that you could realize what was happening, assuming you were not aware of what you were doing.
                No I wasn’t. Best part was (and you left it out) you than leveled the accusation that those previous times were mistakes! You didn’t explain anything, you made false accusations because how dare someone not agree with your opinions! Believe it or not, it’s possible to disagree with the great Ox and not be ‘anti science’.

I have never done that Pix. Not once. I don't try to make judgements on the reality of anyone's faith. I do try to speak out for what I believe to be right, and against what I believe to be wrong.
                You’ve skirted around it, but yes you have. Just as you left out the whole part of the ‘anti science’ accusation that made you look bad, you leave out that detail here. Why?

What do I deserve pix? For trying to stand up for what is true and right and against what is false and destructive - what is the appropriate punishment?
                You don’t Jim and that’s the problem. You sling mud than play the wounded puppy routine when someone does it back. I don’t know if it’s willful ignorance or not. You apparently are unable/unwilling to see your own role in this mud slinging contest.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You’ve skirted around it, but yes you have.
                  I'm not sure why some people seem to think they can't be called out for passive aggressive behavior, or think the rest of us are somehow fooled by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    If that's all you think you're doing, then I don't expect you will ever see what the rest of us see, and you will continue down this road, holding your nose in the air and acting like you're a better Christian than everybody else.
                    Two of the mistakes you are making are

1) Thinking that asking about or pointing out that something is incompatible with Christian teaching implies judgement.
                    2) Thinking that asking about or pointing out that something is incompatible with Christian teaching implies I think I'm better than anyone else.

There are, however, two points I think you should keep in mind before casting judgement on anybody else: 1) Make absolutely certain that your understanding of scripture is correct; and 2) Make absolutely certain that you have correctly discerned the actions and/or motives of a fellow believer. You frequently err on both points.

1) I already do this, and in addition I understand can be wrong no matter how careful I am. As such I welcome correction (or debate) if a person believes my understanding of scripture is off. But I rarely get a scriptural debate over my comments. Mostly what I get are posts like Pixies most recent one i this thread, full of words like 'self-righteous', 'holier-than-though' or 'hypocrite'. I would love it if what came back was a thoughtful discussion of why you don't believe my understanding of scripture on the point is correct. That would be wonderful.

2) As has been often pointed out - motives often can't be discerned. I'm not trying to figure out motive, I'm just dealing with a statement on face value. And I'm not 'casting judgement', but most of you are interpreting my comments as 'casting judgement'. At least the majority of the time anyway. Case in point: LittleJoe thought I was judging him racist. I was not. But I recognized certain patterns in his words that are derived from well know underlying racist concepts in our society. And I was trying to make him aware of both those elements and the fact that by echoing them he was participating in certain racial stereotypes. That is why I said 'Be careful...'.

I honestly do not understand why such comments get interpreted as 'judgement'. But that is mostly what happens. e.g If someone is supporting Trumps immigration policies where they constitute cruelty, and we get into a discussion of whether or not they are wrong, and I point out that God requires us to welcome the stranger, and to care for the poor, this is interpreted as 'doubting their Christian faith'. Why? If those biblical commands are in conflict with Trump's policies, especially as they are implemented. how does pointing that out and the inherent conflict in supporting them constitute 'judgement' of someone?

The same thing happens when you point out the Bible treats homosexuality as a sin. Some people interpret that as you judging them, but you will turn right around and say you are not judging them, but simply telling them what the Bible says about what is good and bad. Some people interpret that as you being full of hatred, but you will say, no you love all men, and only want the best for them.

So how are they wrong to feel condemned by you when you point out where you believe they are not doing what God says to do, but you are right to feel condemned by me if I point out you might be doing something contrary to what God says to do? How are you NOT full of hate when you tell them their actions are sin, But I AM full of hate when I similarly point out your action might be a sin?

Why can you tell a non-Christian what is right or wrong according to what the Bible says, but A Christian can't point out to another Christian the same thing if they observe it?
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-14-2020, 02:29 PM.

Comment

You’ve skirted around it, but yes you have. Just as you left out the whole part of the ‘anti science’ accusation that made you look bad, you leave out that detail here. Why?
                      No pix - I haven't ever doubted or implied I doubted your Christian faith. And not to put too fine a point on it, I have never even thought it. My view is that we are all Christians here that claim to be so. But that no matter how hard we try, it is easy to get dragged off the right path, or to become lost in some element of our own bias, culture, or sin nature that obfuscates the truth. I believe that the only way we can avoid that is to speak up for what we believe is right and good as we understand scripture, that way to the extent we do that, we can all help each other to stay on the right path.
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-14-2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

No I wasn’t. Best part was (and you left it out) you than leveled the accusation that those previous times were mistakes! You didn’t explain anything, you made false accusations because how dare someone not agree with your opinions! Believe it or not, it’s possible to disagree with the great Ox and not be ‘anti science’.
                        Yes, I did say something about thinking those previous times you had argued for good science might just have been mistakes. Not my finest moment. I apologize.

Comment

Two of the mistakes you are making are

1) Thinking that asking about or pointing out that something is incompatible with Christian teaching implies judgement.
                          2) Thinking that asking about or pointing out that something is incompatible with Christian teaching implies I think I'm better than anyone else.

1) I already do this, and in addition I understand can be wrong no matter how careful I am. As such I welcome correction (or debate) if a person believes my understanding of scripture is off. But I rarely get a scriptural debate over my comments. Mostly what I get are posts like Pixies most recent one i this thread, full of words like 'self-righteous', 'holier-than-though' or 'hypocrite'. I would love it if what came back was a thoughtful discussion of why you don't believe my understanding of scripture on the point is correct. That would be wonderful.

2) As has been often pointed out - motives often can't be discerned. I'm not trying to figure out motive, I'm just dealing with a statement on face value. And I'm not 'casting judgement', but most of you are interpreting my comments as 'casting judgement'. At least the majority of the time anyway. Case in point: LittleJoe thought I was judging him racist. I was not. But I recognized certain patterns in his words that are derived from well know underlying racist concepts in our society. And I was trying to make him aware of both those elements and the fact that by echoing them he was participating in certain racial stereotypes. That is why I said 'Be careful...'.

I honestly do not understand why such comments get interpreted as 'judgement'. But that is mostly what happens. e.g If someone is supporting Trumps immigration policies where they constitute cruelty, and we get into a discussion of whether or not they are wrong, and I point out that God requires us to welcome the stranger, and to care for the poor, this is interpreted as 'doubting their Christian faith'. Why? If those biblical commands are in conflict with Trump's policies, especially as they are implemented. how does pointing that out and the inherent conflict in supporting them constitute 'judgement' of someone?

The same thing happens when you point out the Bible treats homosexuality as a sin. Some people interpret that as you judging them, but you will turn right around and say you are not judging them, but simply telling them what the Bible says about what is good and bad. Some people interpret that as you being full of hatred, but you will say, no you love all men, and only want the best for them.

So how are they wrong to feel condemned by you when you point out where you believe they are not doing what God says to do, but you are right to feel condemned by me if I point out you might be doing something contrary to what God says to do? How are you NOT full of hate when you tell them their actions are sin, But I AM full of hate when I similarly point out your action might be a sin?

Why can you tell a non-Christian what is right or wrong according to what the Bible says, but A Christian can't point out to another Christian the same thing if they observe it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            It is always so wonderful to have 45 minutes of thoughtful effort in a post to try to actually see if thoughtful discussion can possibly tear down the waves of disrespect and hate that flow so continuously from you, pix, and others my way, only to have it dismissed once again with yet more of the same.

Touche. I am truly the fool today. You may bask in your victory.

I will try not to be such a fool tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Honestly, it scares me how much oxmixmudd and the atheists on this site agree with each other.
                              "Brother will betray brother."

Comment

No pix - I haven't ever doubted or implied I doubted your Christian faith. And not to put too fine a point on it, I have never even thought it. My view is that we are all Christians here that claim to be so. But that no matter how hard we try, it is easy to get dragged off the right path, or to become lost in some element of our own bias, culture, or sin nature that obfuscates the truth. I believe that the only way we can avoid that is to speak up for what we believe is right and good as we understand scripture, that way to the extent we do that, we can all help each other to stay on the right path.
                                And yet, you seem to read your fellow Christians in a negative light and than run with it while not extending them the slightest amount of grace or benefit of the doubt. There’s where the disconnect arrives.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment