Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Rednecks and Trump voters do more bad things, again. Ambushing and killing an unarmed jogging black man.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

You know, not everybody follows the news from the US all that closely.

Do you think you could at least provide a link to a news article or video clip or something that might give those of us that don't follow every word that comes out of the media's collective mouth a clue as to what you're on about?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

There's a lot more to the story than a black man killed while jogging. That narrative is pretty old now. He was seen/caught trespassing in a home under construction, in a neighborhood that had experienced a rash of burglaries and he ran away when he was discovered. 911 was called and 2 men attempted to stop him and detain him until the police arrived. One of the men was a retired Police officer and had a license to carry a gun. Ahmaud stupidly (IMO) attacked and attempted to wrestle the gun away and was shot multiple times.

Lot's of things went horribly wrong here with a lot of mistakes on both sides.
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

The guy wasn't innocently jogging through the neighborhood like the left claims. But I think most would agree he shouldn't have been shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
          There's a lot more to the story than a black man killed while jogging. That narrative is pretty old now. He was seen/caught trespassing in a home under construction, in a neighborhood that had experienced a rash of burglaries and he ran away when he was discovered. 911 was called and 2 men attempted to stop him and detain him until the police arrived. One of the men was a retired Police officer and had a license to carry a gun. Ahmaud stupidly (IMO) attacked and attempted to wrestle the gun away and was shot multiple times.

Lot's of things went horribly wrong here with a lot of mistakes on both sides.
          Although that rhetoric has been used as a defense, nothing so far can even come close to justifying his murder or the actions taken that lead up to it. If you think someone is behaving suspiciously, pull out your cell and call the police. And you don't draw your gun on someone as a civilian UNLESS they threaten you first or they are in your house. If I was being detained by two citizens toting guns I would be afraid for my life, and that will provoke 'fight or flight'. Ahmed chose to try to fight.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

The guy wasn't innocently jogging through the neighborhood like the left claims. But I think most would agree he shouldn't have been shot.
            A house under construction? Give me a break. I've wondered through houses under construction myself just out of curiosity as to what was being built.

You guys are really coming down on the wrong side of this. Be careful. A Black person out jogging shot and killed for 'suspicious' behavior by white citizens is NOT going to play well anywhere, and the likelihood this was racially motivated is huge. That young man was unarmed. And he would not have been dead if those men had not tried to detain him using deadly force. AFAIK, there is nothing he had done or is accused of doing that justified the civilian use of deadly force at that moment in time.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Ahmoud has my sympathy, and I hope the two killers get justice.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                A house under construction? Give me a break. I've wondered through houses under construction myself just out of curiosity as to what was being built.

You guys are really coming down on the wrong side of this. Be careful. A Black person out jogging shot and killed for 'suspicious' behavior by white citizens is NOT going to play well anywhere, and the likelihood this was racially motivated is huge. That young man was unarmed. And he would not have been dead if those men had not tried to detain him using deadly force. AFAIK, there is nothing he had done or is accused of doing that justified the civilian use of deadly force at that moment in time.
                He wasn't innocently jogging through the neighborhood lol. This is why we can't have nice things because people like you lie or exaggerate the narrative. The sad part is that the MSM plays off these false narratives to stoke racial and political tension for clicks. I"m not sure why YOU do it though.

Comment

He wasn't innocently jogging through the neighborhood lol. This is why we can't have nice things because people like you lie or exaggerate the narrative.
                  There’s not much defending the action of these two men though. There’s little to no justification for the killing.

Honestly, other than being contrarian to the narrative, what’s your stake in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                    There’s not much defending the action of these two men though. There’s little to no justification for the killing.

Honestly, other than being contrarian to the narrative, what’s your stake in it?
                    You are correct...

But I think most would agree he shouldn't have been shot.
                    Why can't we just agree the guy wasn't innocently jogging through the neighborhood (as the left narrative claims), but he shouldn't have been shot. What's so hard about that? Well, because it's not racially sensational enough to say that, so we have to exaggerate the narrative for either emotional, political, or profit reasons. And it's sickening.

Comment

We've been fed another round of "Hands up, don't shoot!" and "He was a cherubic 14-year with iced tea and a bag of Skittles" lies.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by SeanD
                        What's so hard about that?
                        You won’t hear me arguing against it, as long as it isn’t being used as a defense of the injustice done.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          We've been fed another round of "Hands up, don't shoot!" and "He was a cherubic 14-year with iced tea and a bag of Skittles" lies.
                          I hate to break it to you, but we’ve got the shooting on video.

Comment

This is most definitely is not a case of Stand Your Ground or self-defense as some have portrayed. Arbery may or may not have been acting suspiciously but the McMichaels most definitely went too far, resulting in someone dying.

There has been a lot of talk about what took so long for them to be charged. A significant reason is that the first two prosecutors recused themselves having worked with the elder McMichael in the past.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              This is most definitely is not a case of Stand Your Ground or self-defense as some have portrayed. Arbery may or may not have been acting suspiciously but the McMichaels most definitely went too far, resulting in someone dying.

There has been a lot of talk about what took so long for them to be charged. A significant reason is that the first two prosecutors recused themselves having worked with the elder McMichael in the past.
                              Still even with that excuse in play the case went nowhere for 76 days, in a murder case. It’ll certainly stoke the fires about police officers and the justice system protecting their own.

Comment