Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Source?
    I was wondering the same thing.

I saw where he suggested the POSSIBILITY that Arbery may have gone in there for water, but no evidence of same, and I'm not aware that there were any other people mentioned as going in there for that purpose.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Is that right? And you know this how? Did the McMichaels and their accomplice chase down and corner all the other visitors to the site as well?
      Were those people seen entering the site on multiple occasions, and often at night?

Did the McMichaels see those other people trespassing on the property?

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      It's biased thinking like yours that sets murders free.
      My thinking is not biased. If the evidence shows that the McMichaels broke the law and are guilty of murder, I'll accept that because I've been keeping an open mind.

What about you? Will you accept it if the evidence shows that they acted within the bounds of the law and are guilty of no crimes?
      Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-24-2020, 05:09 PM.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Were those people seen entering the site on multiple occasions, and often at night?
        I don't know, and neither do you, and yet you keep insisting that Arbery was seen there on multiple occassions. One has wonder why you keep saying that with no evidence.
        Did the McMichaels see those other people trespassing on the property?
        Again, irrelevant, and who cares. It's also irrelevant how many times anyone visited the site. No crime at the site was ever committed and multiple people were visiting. That's just you trying to make up excuses for the murderers again.

My thinking is not biased. If the evidence shows that the McMichaels broke the law and are guilty of murder, I'll accept that because I've been keeping an open mind.
        Well, you'll have no choice but to accept it, but that doesn't change the fact that you have already been trying to excuse the McMichaels actions.
        What about you? Will you accept it if the evidence shows that they acted within the bounds of the law and are guilty of no crimes?
        Of course, but the evidence already shows that they acted outside the bounds of the law, and you have yet to acknowledge that, while at the same time you have no problem insinuating that Arbury had nefarious intentenions.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          I don't know, and neither do you...
          Exactly, which is why I've been keeping an open mind.

What about you?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Exactly, which is why I've been keeping an open mind.

What about you?
            No, you haven't kept an open mind, MM. It's just opening up a wee bit now that the evidence is piling up against you. Just admit you've been prejudiced and grow.

Comment

On multiple occasions, and often at night.

You are deliberately ignoring the fact that the reason he attracted the McMichaels' attention is because he was caught trespassing and not because he was black. Of course that does not in and of itself justify any of the actions taken against him, but you are assuming a motive for which there is no evidence.

Honestly, the way you are so easily manipulated by the media into jumping to the desired conclusion makes me hope you are never asked to serve on a jury.
              I take it you don't do a whole lot of endurance athletics. If you are out for more than an hour, one generally needs some sort of break, except perhaps if one is in a race. When on 100 mile cycling events, I would usually stop every hour or two for a drink and food and to restock what I carried with me. So I see nothing unusual about a man out for a lengthy jog or run stopping at a convenient place for some shade and some water, which is what the owner of the property believes he was doing.

But then we get to the fact 3 men armed are chasing this fellow that took a break on a property under construction, whichbis so ridiculously absurd that it just wouldn't matter who the fellow was - except for the fact we all know that if this 'tresspasser' had been white, there is no way these yahoos would have been chasing him down with guns.

And that is where the dishonesty of the conversation takes that turn that perpetuates the insidious racism that is just below eye level in our country.

People dont normally grab their guns and chase down a fellow jogging in a neighborhood, or who was seen on a property under construction.
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-24-2020, 07:19 PM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I was wondering the same thing.

I saw where he suggested the POSSIBILITY that Arbery may have gone in there for water, but no evidence of same, and I'm not aware that there were any other people mentioned as going in there for that purpose.
                The audio gives more explanation. As far as I am concerned these are common facts I have heard from different sources.

Source: https://www.11alive.com/article/news/crime/ahmaud-arbery-case-security-videos-owner-believes-man-was-getting-water/85-963b8067-f2e3-444d-bb28-9459fec07f00

Newly released security video gives more context around Ahmaud Arbery murder case

On a number of occasions, people looked into the home under construction that's become a focal point in the case.

The new videos show the same thing occurred on at least four previous occasions in the months before the shooting, with different people.

In one instance, from November, a man and woman can be seen walking into the build site. Another, from December, shows a young man walking around. And a third - which the lawyer for English doesn't have an exact date for but believed was from earlier this year - show two kids pulling up on bikes and then walking in.

In the instance of the young man on December 17, who, like Arbery, is black, the lawyer said, "It now appears that this young man may have been coming onto the property for water."

"There is a water source at the dock behind the house as well as a source near the front of the structure. Although these water sources do not appear within any of the cameras' frames, the young man moves to and from their locations," a statement said. "In one angle from December 17, he appears to wipe his mouth and/or neck. In the last footage of him captured on December 17, what sounds like water can be heard. He walks out of the house, eases into a jog, and disappears from view."

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  The audio gives more explanation. As far as I am concerned these are common facts I have heard from different sources.

Source: https://www.11alive.com/article/news/crime/ahmaud-arbery-case-security-videos-owner-believes-man-was-getting-water/85-963b8067-f2e3-444d-bb28-9459fec07f00

Newly released security video gives more context around Ahmaud Arbery murder case

On a number of occasions, people looked into the home under construction that's become a focal point in the case.

The new videos show the same thing occurred on at least four previous occasions in the months before the shooting, with different people.

In one instance, from November, a man and woman can be seen walking into the build site. Another, from December, shows a young man walking around. And a third - which the lawyer for English doesn't have an exact date for but believed was from earlier this year - show two kids pulling up on bikes and then walking in.

In the instance of the young man on December 17, who, like Arbery, is black, the lawyer said, "It now appears that this young man may have been coming onto the property for water."

"There is a water source at the dock behind the house as well as a source near the front of the structure. Although these water sources do not appear within any of the cameras' frames, the young man moves to and from their locations," a statement said. "In one angle from December 17, he appears to wipe his mouth and/or neck. In the last footage of him captured on December 17, what sounds like water can be heard. He walks out of the house, eases into a jog, and disappears from view."

Oh well, that does it then, Arbery was clearly guilty of stealing a sip of water.

Comment

Well, hold on just a cotton pickin minute, Shuny, because that in no way backs up what you claimed...
                    Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    Yes,according to the homeowner it was a common place in the neighborhood for people to stop for a drink of water as many photos showed on the security monitor. The home owner never objected to this activity, and nothing was ever stolen.

Can you discern the difference in what you claimed, and what your source actually says, Shuny?

It wasn't the homeowner saying " it was a common place in the neighborhood for people to stop for a drink of water as many photos showed on the security monitor", because we know that the locations of the water aren't on camera.

It was the lawyer making the CLAIM that "It now appears that this young man may have been coming onto the property for water." Nothing to back that up except speculation and the lawyer's own opinions.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Oh well, that does it then, Arbery was clearly guilty of stealing a sip of water.
                      Well, gosh, no evidence to convict him of that, since it's only speculation and no evidence.

Comment

Well, hold on just a cotton pickin minute, Shuny, because that in no way backs up what you claimed...

Can you discern the difference in what you claimed, and what your source actually says, Shuny?

It wasn't the homeowner saying " it was a common place in the neighborhood for people to stop for a drink of water as many photos showed on the security monitor", because we know that the locations of the water aren't on camera.

It was the lawyer making the CLAIM that "It now appears that this young man may have been coming onto the property for water." Nothing to back that up except speculation and the lawyer's own opinions.
                        You would make a good lawyer for ENRON. Give up your racist cotton pickin' minute for not fully reading on and watching the different sources, because it does not fit your agenda..

Part of the point you missed is there has been many people walking through the house and nothing was ever stolen, and yes there is a water source there frequently used by others in the neighborhood, according to the owner Larry English quoted by his attorney, Elizabeth Graddy.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/artic...8-c9b44c32558c
                        Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-24-2020, 09:31 PM.
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

You would make a good lawyer for ENRON.
                          Well, I just like the truth, Shuny, and want you to get a little closer to it.

Give up your racist cotton pickin' minute.
                          Oh, for cryin' out loud, you yahoos see racism in everything anybody says --- stop being such an bozo.

Part of the point you missed is there has been many people walking through the house and nothing was ever stolen, and yes there is a water source there.
                          No, I didn't miss that at all - but that does NOT back up your FALSE CLAIM that "according to the homeowner it was a common place in the neighborhood for people to stop for a drink of water as many photos showed on the security monitor". No evidence whatsoever that's true -- simply a speculation on the part of the victim's lawyer.

Does the TRUTH not matter to you, Shuny? It's OK just to throw false claims around, as long as you can accuse the other guy of being a racist?

Comment

Well, I just like the truth, Shuny, and want you to get a little closer to it.

Oh, for cryin' out loud, you yahoos see racism in everything anybody says --- stop being such an bozo.

No, I didn't miss that at all - but that does NOT back up your FALSE CLAIM that "according to the homeowner it was a common place in the neighborhood for people to stop for a drink of water as many photos showed on the security monitor". No evidence whatsoever that's true -- simply a speculation on the part of the victim's lawyer.

Does the TRUTH not matter to you, Shuny? It's OK just to throw false claims around, as long as you can accuse the other guy of being a racist?
                            I edited the post that you failed to do your homework and read on.

Part of the point you missed is there has been many people walking through the house and nothing was ever stolen, and yes there is a water source there frequently used by others in the neighborhood, according to the owner Larry English quoted by his attorney, Elizabeth Graddy.

Frank

Comment

This part you added after I posted, and you've come a LITTLE closer, in that the news reporter claims that the home owner tells him that "the homeowner believes that Arbery may have simply been stopping to get a drink of water at his home".

Again, that's not nearly the same as what you claimed, but a little closer.

What YOU said was "according to the homeowner it was a common place in the neighborhood for people to stop for a drink of water as many photos showed on the security monitor." That's not what he said.

Comment

This part you added after I posted, and you've come a LITTLE closer, in that the news reporter claims that the home owner tells him that "the homeowner believes that Arbery may have simply been stopping to get a drink of water at his home".

Again, that's not nearly the same as what you claimed, but a little closer.

What YOU said was "according to the homeowner it was a common place in the neighborhood for people to stop for a drink of water as many photos showed on the security monitor." That's not what he said.
                                As I said, you would make a good lawyer for ENRON, or maybe their bookkeeper.

What I said stands and well documented.

Frank

Comment