Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yet another thing do after getting caught saying something really stupid. You go away and sulk for a bit, then you come back with more dumb crap.
    I'm not going away sulking, I have other things to do CP, I'm sorry if my leaving upsets you, but I can't sit here all day with you.
    Last edited by JimL; 05-26-2020, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man
      First of all, I still haven't seen any evidence that the homeowner didn't care about trespassers.
      The fact that we know the police told him to call McMichael for help with potential trespassers indicates that he cared about trespassers. This was obviously a response to an expressed concern since the police don't just send out messages like that unsolicited to random people.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        No, I am disputing that there is remotely any evidence for any other motive than simply to get a drink of water. The homeowner was indifferent to the people walking through the house under construction, and knew people used it for a source of water. There was never anything missing nor evidence of any other motive, except your dark motives.

Where is the evidence of anything elese?

Still waiting . . .
        First of all, I have seen nothing to say that the homeowner didn't care about trespassers. The fact that he installed a motion activated security camera that alerted him whenever someone was on the property suggests otherwise.

Secondly, regardless of Arbery's motives, he was still trespassing, which is what kicked the whole situation off. Even if we suppose he was just going in for a drink, it was still trespassing. By all accounts, it was his actions and not the color of his skin that attracted attention.

(And if we wanted to be technically accurate, taking water from someone's property is stealing, because someone is paying for that water service, so this idea that it is a wholly innocent act to access a water source on private property is not correct.)
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          [...](And if we wanted to be technically accurate, taking water from someone's property is stealing, because someone is paying for that water service, so this idea that it is a wholly innocent act to access a water source on private property is not correct.)
          I think this tells us all we need to know with regard to your willingness to find anything that allows you to put blame on a black person who is now dead while at the same time you are very reluctant to put any blame on those who are actually the cause that he is now dead. Taking about the price of water in a context where a human life is lost shows us how low you actually value at least some human lives.

Comment

So, in Shunyworld, not having evidence of something else is evidence of something?
            No, not having evidence of even the hint of a crime is simply not having evidence of a crime

You are amusing. You would be a riot as a witness in court.
            You are amusing. This would not even get to trial without any evidence whatsoever other than the different people walking through a house under construction. It would not get as far as laughing you out of court.

Comment

No, not having evidence of even the hint of a crime is simply not having evidence of a crime

You are amusing. This would not even get to trial without any evidence whatsoever other than the different people walking through a house under construction. It would not get as far as laughing you out of court.
              What part of trespassing is illegal and therefore a crime are you having trouble comprehending? Just because it isn't a major crime and the police won't likely bother (sort of like throwing your gum wrapper on the ground is still littering) does not change that.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                I'm not going away sulking, I have other things to do CP,
                I'm just WAY better at multitasking than you are.

I'm sorry if my leaving upsets you, but I can't sit here all day with you.
                Your sense of self-importance is WAY over rated.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Trespassing is a crime, Shuny. Not surprised at all you are incapable of grasping that.

You are amusing.
                  Yeah, but I'm amusing on purpose.

This would not even get to trial without any evidence whatsoever other than the different people walking through a house under construction.
                  That's another thing you can't seem to grasp - it wouldn't go to trial without a complaint from the homeowner. Trespassing is, however, still a criminal act. There actually IS DIRECT EVIDENCE of trespassing, but the homeowner opted not to file charges.

It would not get as far as laughing you out of court.
                  Unlike you, I have spent literally HUNDREDS of hours in court, and nobody ever laughed. (except, of course, when I was purposely being amusing )

Please, do continue to spew forth ignorance.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    What part of trespassing is illegal and therefore a crime are you having trouble comprehending? Just because it isn't a major crime and the police won't likely bother (sort of like throwing your gum wrapper on the ground is still littering) does not change that.
                    The video is DIRECT EVIDENCE of a crime.
                    The notion that Arbery was there "to get a drink" has only week CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence, along with supposition and speculation.

I'm beginning to think Shuny knows even less about the law than JimL.

Comment

The video is DIRECT EVIDENCE of a crime.
                      The notion that Arbery was there "to get a drink" has only week CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence, along with supposition and speculation.

I'm beginning to think Shuny knows even less about the law than JimL.
                      "weak"

Thank you. My day has been made.

Comment

"weak"

Don't you mean your 'weak' has been made?
                        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

"weak"

Every once in a while, I enjoy tossing you a bone.

Comment

Every once in a while, I enjoy tossing you a bone.
                            That's my excuse. Get your own

Comment

That's my excuse. Get your own

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                                Don't you mean your 'weak' has been made?
                                You can be replaced by a bot, sir!

Comment