Page 85 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 1411

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

  1. #841
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,042
    Amen (Given)
    2249
    Amen (Received)
    1751
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Source for what?
    For the info you posted in post #20 in which you made the assertion that Arbery lived 10 miles from the construction site. You're the one that posted it, so what was your source?

  2. #842
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,871
    Amen (Given)
    6658
    Amen (Received)
    8243
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    For the info you posted in post #20 in which you made the assertion that Arbery lived 10 miles from the construction site. You're the one that posted it, so what was your source?
    I told you I don't remember the source. It may be something that was mentioned in the video that seanD referenced, but I didn't just make it up.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  3. #843
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,042
    Amen (Given)
    2249
    Amen (Received)
    1751
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I told you I don't remember the source. It may be something that was mentioned in the video that seanD referenced, but I didn't just make it up.
    Right MM, you didn't make up the lie that he cased the joint on multiple occassions at night either, did you? You didn't make up the idea that he was obviously up to no good, or that the idea that he was just some innocent black guy out jogging, needed to be rejected either, did you?

  4. #844
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,871
    Amen (Given)
    6658
    Amen (Received)
    8243
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Right MM, you didn't make up the lie that he cased the joint on multiple occassions at night either, did you? You didn't make up the idea that he was obviously up to no good, or that the idea that he was just some innocent black guy out jogging, needed to be rejected either, did you?
    You deny that he visited the structure and peered around on multiple occasions despite the video evidence proving that he did?

    And please stop telling the lie that I said he was up to no good. I have told you several times that I have no idea what his intentions were. Now drop it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  5. #845
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,042
    Amen (Given)
    2249
    Amen (Received)
    1751
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You deny that he visited the structure and peered around on multiple occasions despite the video evidence proving that he did?
    Yes I do, the video personally ID's Arbery only once, and that is on the day of the incident. And even if he checked the place out a few times, what difference would that make if he jogs that same route often.
    And please stop telling the lie that I said he was up to no good. I have told you several times that I have no idea what his intentions were. Now drop it.
    My goodness you are a blatant liar, MM. I've already pulled the quote a half dozen times for you and everyone else to see. When you say that "the idea that this was just some innocent black guy out for a jog, needs to be rejected, you are indeed saying "he was up to no good." If you can't admit that you just fabricated the 10 mile, the casing the joint multiple times in the dark of night, as well as the lie about not having made the assertion that hs intentions were nefarious, then you should just stop digging the hole you're in deeper and go away.

  6. Amen Roy amen'd this post.
  7. #846
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,871
    Amen (Given)
    6658
    Amen (Received)
    8243
    Have a nice day, Jimmy
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  8. #847
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,042
    Amen (Given)
    2249
    Amen (Received)
    1751
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Have a nice day, Jimmy
    Smart move, MM.

  9. #848
    Technology Staff Leonhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Denmark - Jutland
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,845
    Amen (Given)
    1119
    Amen (Received)
    3478
    Arbery visiting that structure, if nothing was taken, doesn't seem to prove anything. It doesn't justify the actions taken by the McMichaels. However we haven't heard much about the recordings, and only one of several has been leaked. If it turns out other people had visited the structure, but the McMichaels zeroed in on Arbery because he's black, then that will look very bad for them.

  10. #849
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,871
    Amen (Given)
    6658
    Amen (Received)
    8243
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Arbery visiting that structure, if nothing was taken, doesn't seem to prove anything. It doesn't justify the actions taken by the McMichaels.
    Right, as I've been saying from the beginning. The only reason Arbery's trespassing is of any relevance is because contrary to the "innocent black guy jogging through the neighborhood" narrative, it was the fact that he was observed trespassing that caught the McMicaels' attention. Also the fact that he exited the structure and started running away may have made him appear doubly suspicious, but there is no indication that it was a case of "Look, a black guy minding his own business! Let's arm ourselves and chase him down for no reason!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    However we haven't heard much about the recordings, and only one of several has been leaked. If it turns out other people had visited the structure, but the McMichaels zeroed in on Arbery because he's black, then that will look very bad for them.
    We know other people visited the construction site. What we don't know is if they were observed doing so.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 06-02-2020 at 06:50 PM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  11. #850
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,876
    Amen (Given)
    772
    Amen (Received)
    2073
    New information that pretty much buries most of the excuse making for the McMichaels that has been made in this thread:

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/us/mc...ery/index.html

    Source: above

    William Bryan told investigators he heard Travis McMichael use a racial epithet after fatally shooting Ahmaud Arbery in Glynn County, Georgia, a Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent testified Thursday during preliminary hearings.

    Bryan told police McMichael said "f***ing n***er" after three blasts from McMichael's shotgun left Arbery dead in February the streets of the Satilla Shores neighborhood, Assistant Special Agent in Charge Richard Dial said.

    © Copyright Original Source



    Source: above

    The new details of the final moments of Arbery's life emerged amid a week of nationwide protests over another killing -- that of George Floyd by police in Minneapolis -- and demonstrators have also called for justice in Arbery's case.

    Investigators found a swipe from a palm print on the rear door of Bryan's truck, cotton fibers near the truck bed that "we attribute to contact with Mr. Arbery" and a dent below the fibers, he said.

    Though Bryan's attorney has contested allegations his client took part in the killing, Dial said Bryan first became involved by yelling to the McMichaels, "Do you got him?" when he saw them chasing the 25-year-old jogger. The McMichaels and Bryan have not entered pleas, but lawyers for all three men have proclaimed their innocence.

    After yelling out to the McMichaels about Arbery, Bryan joined the chase, and at this point, none of the three had called 911, Dial said.

    The McMichaels had already tried to head off Arbery once when Bryan joined the pursuit, the GBI agent said. Bryan tried to block in Arbery as Travis McMichael drove around the block with his father in the bed of the truck.

    Bryan "made several statements about trying to block him in and using his vehicle to try to stop him," Dial said. "His statement was that Mr. Arbery kept jumping out of the way and moving around the bumper and actually running down into the ditch in an attempt to avoid his truck."

    At one point, Arbery was heading out of the Satilla Shores neighborhood where the defendants live, but the McMichaels forced him to turn back into the neighborhood and run past Bryan, the agent said. That is when he struck Arbery, Dial said, and Arbery kept running with the McMichaels in pursuit.

    Bryan turned around, and that is where the widely disseminated video of Arbery's killing begins, he said.

    © Copyright Original Source



    This removes all doubt from my mind Arbery believed his life to be in danger, and when he went after the gun Travis was holding, he was fighting for his life.

    It is also clear that there were racial motivations behind the pursuit.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  12. Amen Reepicheep amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •