Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Actual facts indicate that there is no evidence nor record of criminal activity at the site in question and numerous other people took the same route as Aubrey, which is toward the water source.
    Have I claimed otherwise?

(ETA -- albeit your addition of "toward the water source" is entirely speculative, which seems to be a regular occurrence for you)

If Aubrey was jogging at night his stop for water would be at night.
    So, you're conceding that Arbery had been there previously at night?
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 05-25-2020, 10:45 AM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

....If Aubrey was jogging at night his stop for water would be at night.
      Look how far you have to bend reality to support your narrative. Do you REALLY think that joggers plan their runs to include trespassing on private property AT NIGHT to acquire water? REALLY?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Wow....

Why did New York Times call George Zimmerman ‘white Hispanic’?

The national media doesn’t do stories on black-on-black crime. . . . They don’t do stories on black-on-white crime. . . . The New York Times, in almost a caricature of a liberal media, refers to George Zimmerman as a ‘white Hispanic.’ I guarantee you that if George Zimmerman did something good — if he finished first in his high school graduating class when he was younger — they wouldn’t refer to him as a white Hispanic, he’d just be a Hispanic. . . . He’s only a ‘white Hispanic’ because they need the word ‘white’ to further the story line, which is, White, probably racist vigilante shoots an unarmed black kid.

National Review’s Jonah Goldberg advances a twin argument, blasting the use of the “white Hispanic” term: “It’s the way the blame for Martin’s death belongs squarely at the feet of ‘the system.’ And ‘the system’ is a white thing, don’t you know?”

Here’s an example of what Goldberg and Goldberg are citing: “Mr. Zimmerman, 28, a white Hispanic, told the police that he shot Trayvon in self-defense after an altercation.” That line comes from a March 22 New York Times news story about a development in the case.

The formulation is indeed an eyebrow-lifter. How often does such a term get tossed about? A Nexis search of the New York Times for “white Hispanic” over the past five years turns up 112 results. Yet that number is deceptively large....

The article goes on to expose the falsehood that "white Hispanic" is a common term.
        It is not an uncommon term, and Hispanic is more a cultural designation than a racial one. If someone is Hispanic culturally and clearly white he would be a White Hispanic. There are literally millions of Hispanics in Central, and particularly South America who are pure European Caucasian and identify as Hispanic by culture. I grew up in both Central and South America, and knew many with clearly European names.
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-25-2020, 11:12 AM.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Look how far you have to bend reality to support your narrative. Do you REALLY think that joggers plan their runs to include trespassing on private property AT NIGHT to acquire water? REALLY?
          No bend in reality just the simple facts of the history of video.

Yes, if he was jogging at night, as other adults and children were taking the same route at different times.
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

It is not an uncommon term, and Hispanic is more a cultural designation than a racial one. If some on is Hispanic and clearly white he would be a White Hispanic.
            Yeah, we should go with your opinion rather than actual research.

Meanwhile, the ONLY reason they used the term "White Hispanic" was to stick to their narrative of "white on black" crime.

Comment

No bend in reality just the simple facts of the history of video.
              Nope - you're clearly bending the facts to fit your narrative. Joggers do NOT routinely trespass on private property to acquire water at night -- it's just dumb to believe that.

Yes, if he was jogging at night, as other adults and children were taking the same route at different times.
              You are absolutely blind as to what you're doing here. You take pure supposition and speculation to try to make the facts say what you want them to say.

By the way, when somebody plays a piano, do you scream "RACISM!!!!!" because they play more white keys than black keys?

Comment

Nope - you're clearly bending the facts to fit your narrative. Joggers do NOT routinely trespass on private property to acquire water at night -- it's just dumb to believe that.

You are absolutely blind as to what you're doing here. You take pure supposition and speculation to try to make the facts say what you want them to say.

By the way, when somebody plays a piano, do you scream "RACISM!!!!!" because they play more white keys than black keys?
                The video showed numerous adults and children taking the same route as Aubrey at different times, and yes, if Aubrey was jogging at night and wanted a drink of water he would have stopped at night, no problem. This factual. You are trying to speculate with a high fog index to justify your agenda.

Frank

Comment

Well, the fact that many 'white' people were seen walking through the house and no one called 911.
                  Is that a fact? Do we know that those people were observed entering or exiting the property and that the observers declined to call the police? Do you have a source?
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Is that a fact? Do we know that those people were observed entering or exiting the property and that the observers declined to call the police? Do you have a source?
                    There is no known record. I will stand on that, unless you can provide evidence of such calls. The land owner made no such reference to calls on his part nor reported to him by the police, and the police would have informed him if there were such calls. HE did not make any 911 calls on record.

Frank

Comment

The video showed numerous adults and children taking the same route as Aubrey at different times, and yes, if Aubrey was jogging at night and wanted a drink of water he would have stopped at night, no problem. This factual.
                      No, you can't just throw out an opinion mixed with SOME facts and claim "this is factual". You've never testified in court, have you? You would EASILY be exposed as "mr. opinion - short on facts".

You are trying to speculate with a high fog index to justify your agenda.
                      What a steaming pile of horsiepoo --- I'm trying to separate the facts from the hype --- you are a hype factory.

Comment

• So, looking at the FACTS as reported by CNN.....

Homeowner Larry English has confirmed through the release of surveillance videos that multiple people had trespassed at his home which was under construction. Arbery was the only one killed.

Note "multiple" as opposed to "numerous".

CNN obtained 11 surveillance clips spanning from October 25 to February 23 from Attorney J. Elizabeth Graddy, representing English, on Saturday. Two of the videos were obtained by CNN prior to this week and six others were sent on Friday.
                        Three new videos show a man and woman entering the property, children entering the property and an unidentified male entering the property on separate occasions.

Some of the videos provided were dated October 25, November 18, December 17, February 11 and February 23. The videos with dates were sent to CNN by Graddy with the dates as their titles.
                        Eight clips were dated and three clips, two showing children entering the home and one clip showing a man and a woman entering, were not dated.

Even CNN chooses to refer to this as "multiple", not "numerous"....

On October 25, nighttime video shows a black adult male walking around the house, which is under construction and down to the studs.
                        Within a month, a black adult male is seen in the house on two separate videos taken November 18. The man is shirtless and walks around the home.
                        On December 17, three separate clips show a black adult male walking around the home at night before jogging off empty handed.
                        On February 11, video shows a car's headlights drive by the home at night before a black adult male is seen walking around the house.
                        The last video, which is the only video that has been confirmed to be Arbery, was taken during the day February 23. It shows him walking around the home which is still under construction.

So, does the family deny that several other videos of "a black male walking around the house" were Arbery?

Arbery's family has previously confirmed to CNN that one video, dated February 23, was of him entering the house prior to the shooting.
                        When asked about the new videos, S. Lee Merritt, attorney for the Arbery family, said he was not going to continue to ask the family about people seen in surveillance videos.

What the family attorney does here is what Shuny might call "ENRON Lawyer" answer....

"I have chosen to stop questioning the grieving family of Ahmaud Arbery about images from the cameras mounted at the construction site of Larry English as Mr. English himself has said no criminal activity ever took place there and it is clear that Ahmaud was on the premises in the past along with many other people," Merritt said in a statement emailed to CNN.

This is what Shuny might call an "Enron Lawyer" answer. He switches to "was he there" to "there was no criminal activity reported". (technically, trespassing on private property is, indeed, "criminal activity" - simply without a complainant, and, therefore, not prosecuted)

Comment

• As to the idea people dont just stop for water at a property. While I'm not comfortable doing that, I've been on rides with people that were. Again, all this hullabaloo that says arbery must have been up to no good is just racist garbage. He did not need to be up to no good. There is nothing about what he was doing that can justify to any degree three men chasing him down armed with a shotgun and a sidearm. Nothing. And this constant need to paint him as in the wrong is nothing more that cultural racism. It would not be happening if arbery was a white man.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

There is no known record.
                            Right, so you're just guessing and/or making up stuff to fit your narrative. Let's stick with the facts, okay?

Comment

So, looking at the FACTS as reported by CNN.....

Homeowner Larry English has confirmed through the release of surveillance videos that multiple people had trespassed at his home which was under construction. Arbery was the only one killed.

Note "multiple" as opposed to "numerous".

CNN obtained 11 surveillance clips spanning from October 25 to February 23 from Attorney J. Elizabeth Graddy, representing English, on Saturday. Two of the videos were obtained by CNN prior to this week and six others were sent on Friday.
                              Three new videos show a man and woman entering the property, children entering the property and an unidentified male entering the property on separate occasions.

Some of the videos provided were dated October 25, November 18, December 17, February 11 and February 23. The videos with dates were sent to CNN by Graddy with the dates as their titles.
                              Eight clips were dated and three clips, two showing children entering the home and one clip showing a man and a woman entering, were not dated.

Even CNN chooses to refer to this as "multiple", not "numerous"....

On October 25, nighttime video shows a black adult male walking around the house, which is under construction and down to the studs.
                              Within a month, a black adult male is seen in the house on two separate videos taken November 18. The man is shirtless and walks around the home.
                              On December 17, three separate clips show a black adult male walking around the home at night before jogging off empty handed.
                              On February 11, video shows a car's headlights drive by the home at night before a black adult male is seen walking around the house.
                              The last video, which is the only video that has been confirmed to be Arbery, was taken during the day February 23. It shows him walking around the home which is still under construction.

So, does the family deny that several other videos of "a black male walking around the house" were Arbery?

Arbery's family has previously confirmed to CNN that one video, dated February 23, was of him entering the house prior to the shooting.
                              When asked about the new videos, S. Lee Merritt, attorney for the Arbery family, said he was not going to continue to ask the family about people seen in surveillance videos.

What the family attorney does here is what Shuny might call "ENRON Lawyer" answer....

"I have chosen to stop questioning the grieving family of Ahmaud Arbery about images from the cameras mounted at the construction site of Larry English as Mr. English himself has said no criminal activity ever took place there and it is clear that Ahmaud was on the premises in the past along with many other people," Merritt said in a statement emailed to CNN.

This is what Shuny might call an "Enron Lawyer" answer. He switches to "was he there" to "there was no criminal activity reported". (technically, trespassing on private property is, indeed, "criminal activity" - simply without a complainant, and, therefore, not prosecuted)
                              Splitting frog hairs to justify your agenda.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                Again, all this hullabaloo that says arbery must have been up to no good is just racist garbage.
                                I agree, and I'm glad nobody here is saying that.

Comment